Pokémon Games > X and Y/OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Name meaning

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ya-Yah:

--- Quote from: Ledyba on January 08, 2013, 20:54 ---isn't 3D on a X pitch or a Y pitch or something, if I haven't just dreamed this maybe it's just a refer to it being 3D

--- End quote ---

Do you mean like the X axis and the Y axis? Yeah I think there's some reason here, the X and Y axis would form be for a 2D shape, which suggests that a possible third version would be 'Pokemon Z', thus adding the third dimension.

But yeah, before I say that post, I was thinking about the whole XY chromosome thing too   ^.^

sans the skeleton:
When I first saw this, I thought it meant you'd need both games to move your character :x

oops.

Normandy:
When I first heard the names, I thought of genetics. With the X and Y chromosomes.

I also thought, given a possible third version (Z), it could represent the X, Y, and Z axis that make objects 3-demensional.

Turner:
Well on the Japanese trailer there is a double-helix (DNA) on the Pokemon logo...so I'm thinking Chromosomes, but I also think it's partly to do with the 3D thing too.

Enigma:
I hope everyone is ready for dose of speculation and terrible connection-making..!

I think that X and Y are the ancestors of all Legendary Pokemon. I know this theory will clash with the whole "Mew is the ancestor of all" and "Arceus is the first Pokemon?!??" but Gamefreak are no strangers to the get out clause of "it's different mythologies, different regions believe different things."

X and Y are related to chromosomes, and the DNA symbol in the logo supports the idea that this is about evolution (trollol) and genetics and what not.

What has also been intriguing/bothering me are the similarities Pokemon X and Pokemon Y share with other legendary Pokemon.

Pokemon X

Dialga - colouring, markings, body shape
Arceus - equine form, the 'hilts' of its upper body and neck, the gold antlers reminiscent of Arceus' 'wheel'
Reshiram - face shape, blue eye, flowing head appendages
Virizion - equine form, tail shape

Pokemon Y

Darkrai - colouring, white ruff reminiscent of white plume, blue eye, demonic appearance
Groudon - colouring (primarily red body, black markings)
Giratina - Wing tips reminiscent of Origin form's wings.
Terrakion - Horns are pretty damn similar

You could then go even further, (which I'm prone to doing =P) and suggest that, in terms of form, both creatures tick most legendaries' boxes: the legendary birds, ho-oh and lugia all share a form in Pokemon Y, while the legendary dogs, musketeers, and elements of the pixies can be seen in Pokemon X.

This would all be dismissed easily by saying that GameFreak have probably reused some ideas, simply because there are so many Pokemon - but with the themes apparently being genetics or DNA, as suggested by the logo and the Pokemon titles, is it that much a stretch of the mind to imagine that these Pokemon are the precursors to all legendary Pokemon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version