Pokémon Animé > TV Series

Anyone else notice how odd this is?

(1/5) > >>

Captain Jigglypuff:
I find it odd that most of Ash's Fire Pokemon were abandoned. Torkoal and Cyndaquil/Quilava are exceptions but even the ones found abandoned were treated harshly at some point by their original trainers and two were cruelly left suffering after being abandoned. Charmander was left out in the middle of a forest during a bad storm and Tepig was found with its mouth tied up (even though the rope binding Tepig's mouth may have gotten that way while it tried to find its trainer.) Chimchar wasn't abandoned as cruelly as Ash saw Paul release it and caught it afterwards. But all three were left behind because they were deemed "weak." Damian and Seamus were selfish and cruel and while Paul seemed that way, he just wanted Chimchar to show its true potential. Paul is also the only original trainer to recognize his abandoned Pokemon's growth in power and trying to strengthen it for awhile where as the other two didn't even try. At least Paul made sure Chimchar was left in a safe place per say in that he didn't leave it out in the rain or tie it up. Any thoughts?

SirBlaziken:
I actually do find that odd.

And funny thing is, when I read that, I'm watching the episode with tepig's original trainer.

Captain Jigglypuff:
^I wrote this topic as I watched that episode too! It made me realize that all of Ash's Fire Pokemon (with the exception of Torkoal and Cyndaquil/Quilava) were always abandoned at some point. Often cruelly. Shamus may have apologized to the newly evolved Pignite at the end of the episode and asked for it to rejoin him but you could clearly tell he only wanted it back because of how powerful it was now. Paul is the only one to truly recognize his abandoned Pokemon's potential and tried to teach Chimchar to bring the powerful Fire attacks he saw it use the day he met it. Paul also could tell Chimchar was happier with Ash and never tried to convince it to come back to him. That is what sets Paul apart from the other two orginal trainers. He just wanted Chimchar to shine in battle the way he knew it could do and he saw that Ash had managed to do what he (Paul) couldn't.

the bread dragon:
omg just saw that same episode coincidence i think not

Captain Jigglypuff:
^Of course not. It was just re-aired on Cartoon Network about an hour ago. I just find it odd how most of the abandoned Pokemon he find and catches are Fire type starters and are left in horrible manners. Chimchar had its abandonment the shortest and less harmful. It was treated harshly only because Paul knew it could do better in battle as he saw Chimchar pull off an amazing Flame Wheel while outnumbered against angry Zangoose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version