Misc > Role Play

Pokémon Generico [P][C]

(1/6) > >>

Sebastian Moran:
Your radio crackles into life on the stroke of midnight. Gentle music plays, and you wonder if you're dreaming.
"Yes, it's a problem."
Suddenly you're alert. The music was quiet enough for you to ignore it, but this voice is familiar. It's yours.
"Things have split too far, I'm sorry to say. But we managed to get on the right side of the divide, and not a moment too soon. Now we can make a difference. A new life. A new start. What I've always wanted."
The sky outside begins to lighten: somehow it's morning already, and it takes you a while to realise how quiet it is. Moving to the window, it's obvious that the familiar streets are empty. There are no cars on the roads, no people milling about, and the houses stand still as though evacuated. The radio gives a content sigh, leaving one last message before switching itself off.
"It's going to be a beautiful day in my neighbourhood."

---------------
Plot: Since that announcement on the radio, it's as though your character is the only person left in the city, maybe even in the world. Everything is as though it had been abandoned the night before, with no explanation given. On a table in their home is what looks like an over-elaborate watch. No, wait: it's like some kind of... is it a pokégear? Like from the video games? That definitely wasn't there before.
Next to it is a note in their own handwriting: Meet us in the park.

---------------
Yes, your character is from "our world", where pokémon aren't (weren't) real, WHAT A TWIST.
No, you don't get to decide what your starter pokémon is, just what number poké ball it's in. I tried to mainly get a selection which aren't used in RPs so often, but in my attempt to get a nice mixture of types some of them might be more popular.
Yes, I'll let you know what it is before we start. So you can edit it into your form, and give it a nickname and a gender and a stylish hat if you want to. I'll have a quick ref of characters/pokémon in this post as well.
No, you can't change what pokémon you have after it's ~revealed~ what they are. Even if you hate it so much that it gives you chronic gastritis and you have a sick note saying so.
No, Not all of the pokémon have to be picked. I'm hoping to only have about a half dozen people joining in, otherwise it will be Too Complicated for my small brain. We'll see. But eleven would probably be overkill.
Yes, you can catch more pokémon. But you'll need poké balls first, so hold them there horses.
Yes, please be literate, use some punctuation, double-space your paragraphs and all that jazz. Also, please write in the third person (so your character as he/she/they, not I/me).
Yes, be engaging and interactive and have fun! I'll nudge the plot along at various times/offer delicious exposition, but feel free to go up to things and poke them with sticks, and basically have the RP move along in a direction you think would work. Interact with other characters, particularly if they're trying to get involved, and make sure you respond to interactions towards you! I guess the "have fun" is optional, but encouraged.

---------------Characters

UserNamePokégearPokémonechoBrandy PadillaGreyNosepassShrubNancy ThroppPinkExeggcuteBad WolfCheco MendozaYellowMakuhitaShayminQuinn BrewerWhiteSwirlixInfernaSkye LoganGreenSpinarakDanatalesToby KozlovOrangeSlugmaHahex and
OshawottLuke SanPurpleDrifloonSebastian
MoranRuben LegerBlackShellder

for the purposes of this RP all pokémon will evolve by levelling up and have similar total power/levelling points.
not that we're sticking to rigid Level Up and Movesets anyway.
but i trust you all to be sensible when it comes to moves. no fire blasts and hyper beams to start off with, because i am a killjoy.

Wolstenholme:
Save me a spot, please, chief! (it's a bit late to be making a form rn - need to sleep)

Kpyna:
Name: Brandy Padilla
Age, gender: 20, Female
Looks: Brandy is a little short, measuring in at only five feet, three inches. She tries to make up for her size with long, girly blonde hair, that flows about halfway down her back, and has the weakest signs of waves bending through it. Her eyes are dark blue, contrasting her fair skin and fair hair. She's always wearing at least a touch of makeup to prevent her face from being just a sheet of white. She's muscular, and thus has a stocky build. For clothing, she wears a gray v-neck, dark blue jeans, and gray converse-style shoes. Her ears flaunt small dangling rhinestone earrings.
Personality: Brandy is pretty outgoing and adventurous, and isn't afraid to put herself out there. She knows that her mental and physical strength can get her through most obstacles, and therefore is rarely afraid to take something on. She's been involved with a variety of sports, from horseback riding, to tennis, to snowboarding -- she likes to keep busy as often as she can. Sometimes she can come off a bit too strong, and she can be a bit bothersome and stubborn when a problem arises, as she has a bit too much confidence in her own ideas and abilities at times.
Pokémon Number: Going for 10!
Intro post:

Brandy's bedroom door opened, and Brandy emerged from her room, all dressed and ready to begin her day. None of her roommates seemed to be up yet, which was odd. Not even Millie is awake yet, and usually she's up at the crack of dawn... oh well... Brandy could remember Dave mentioning he was going out, so he was probably hungover in bed. And maybe, today was just going to be an odd day.

She slapped together some cereal, and sat down at her small kitchen table. In front of her, she noticed a high tech looking piece of technology. As much as she would have liked to have put some cereal into her starving belly, she was curious about what the watch-thing was. Dave hardly knows how to work a computer, and Millie would never get anything that wasn't black or army green... She reached over, and decided to take a peak at it. Maybe Dave brought someone over, and Brandy just didn't hear her. Hm... she thought, pressing a button on the side. It lit up with some calibration information, that Brandy couldn't be bothered to figure out, especially if it didn't belong to her.

However, when Brandy went to go and place it down again, she noticed a note was facing her. It clearly read, Meet us at the park. Maybe that's where everyone went...? Brandy thought, shoveling some corn flakes into her mouth. She finished up as quickly as possible, folded the note, put it in her pocket, and then grabbed the gadget along with her keys. She unlocked her door, and stepped into the hallway. Today was certainly going to be an odd day.

The Shrub Dragon:
Name: Nancy Thropp
Age, gender: 17, Female
Looks: Nancy is tall and sullen looking, with a dark fringe that just barely brushes at her eyebrows, and a long nose that looms over a very glossed pair of lips. She has very tanned skin and a dark mole on her right cheekbone. Her eyes are very dark brown and narrow enough that she feels she has to compensate with full eye makeup (which does not go unnoticed by teachers). She’s rakishly thin and slightly looming and she wears denim shorts just longer than her fingertips, though not her fingernails, and a cropped jersey over a shell pink t-shirt with cheap wedge sandals that only seek to exacerbate her height.
Personality: Contrary to what her excessive vanity may suggest, Nancy tries to be as accommodating of other people as possible, which sometimes conflicts with a hot-headed streak that runs through her with vigour and usually ends in her going off in a strop for a little while. She’s confident around other people, but functions via a ‘do as I say, not as I do’ policy as she admits to acting irresponsibly under pressure. In the past, she has met requests to try things out of her comfort zone with outright refusal and has gotten into trouble for it in the past. 
Pokémon Number: Number 8.
Intro post: Three cans of Red Bull – that had to be why everything felt so off. The last one had been at half seven, mind, so the caffeine running through her was probably on its last hour by now.  Even so, Nancy didn’t like it at all; she was beginning to hear things. Just little things: the soft hum of Calliope Music and a gentle static. It was okay, she supposed – the Calliope music had a soft lull to it that almost brought her straight to sleep, until something else crackled to life and took her completely off guard.

“Yes, it’s a problem.”  Nancy blinked awake. Scratch putting it all down to Red Bull; this was something else.  Symcat, she recalled, was a good symptom checker, and so was Everyday Health.

"Things have split too far, I'm sorry to say. But we managed to get on the right side of the divide, and not a moment too soon. Now we can make a difference. A new life. A new start. What I've always wanted."  Nancy listened to the radio intently.  Normally, she’d be the first to say that she loved the sound of her own voice, but the tinny sound of ‘Little Miss Nancy Thropp’ being mature and – God, she couldn’t tell what else she sounded like.  It didn’t sound very good, though, and she didn’t like it at all.

Soft light was beginning to filter through her curtains, and she shut her eyes against it.  Everything was weird enough without actually having to acknowledge that this was happening, and that things were genuinely wrong.  She rolled over to face the wall and pulled her duvet over her head.  That was better; no light and she could only barely hear the radio now.

"It's going to be a beautiful day in my neighbourhood."

Christ.

(I'm really dumb and have just realised that I'm going on holiday tomorrow but I'll be back on Wednesday so if I'm inactive for a bit once you start it's not because I'm physically unable to commit to something for more than an hour, it's just because I'm dumb)

Wolstenholme:
I know if I hadn't reserved at least 70 people would have attempted to join in the night so I was basically just reserving it until I woke up and could actually think.

Name: Cecilio Mendoza. Known as 'Checo' - It's cooler than Cecilio.
Age, gender: Male, 19.
Looks: Checo is an attractive young man despite his height. He is shorter than most every other man he meets but fortunately not shorter than some of the ladies. He stands, then, at about 5"5 with quite a stocky build. His skin is tanned to a healthy and unblemished honey glow. Checo has fair hair, a similar colour to his skin. The hair is soft and makes a small quiff curling back from his forehead. He also has present facial hair in a small goatee and tash that shape his even features - brown eyes, rounded nose and a smallish mouth. As a general rule, Checo wears plain polo shirts and jeans but sometimes sports a matching baseball cap. He has an unseen tattoo on his inner arm, a black silhouette of a tiger (this is less a looks thing, as no one will see it, more of a personality thing, so much to say that he's the type of guy who would get a tattoo).
Personality: Checo brims with self-confidence, possibly more than he needs - although he is blissfully unaware - making him occasionally seem slightly obnoxious or ignorant. Checo maintains a charming exterior but can be blind to the emotions of others. Checo does have other interests, surprising though that is, he is a borne curious explorer and enjoys finding solutions. He embraces team work and being around others rather than working alone. What Checo isn't a particular fan of is technology. When using a computer or other modern contraptions Checo has learnt lessons about exploring with settings because he once managed break his computer (he still does not understand how) and had to get a new one. When it comes to technology, Checo will stick to simple commands and go no further without asking others. For this reason, Checo has never played Pokemon but is aware of its existence through some of his friends.
Pokémon Number: 4.
Intro post:
Checo woke up early as always - he never woke up late otherwise there would be less of the day to enjoy - and splashed water at his face ready for the action packed day he had planned. He carefully ironed his yellow polo shirt and put it on along with a pair of jeans and his yellow baseball cap since it was summer.

When Checo entered the open plan kitchen/lounge/dining room area of his one bedroom apartment he immediately knew that something was wrong. The radio was on, and this never happened as Checo didn't have time for sitting and listening to old fogies speak about boring things - Checo was a 'without breakfast' guy. He went to turn the radio off when he noticed something else very wrong. The person on the radio had a very familiar voice, Checo's own voice. "Things have split too far, I'm sorry to say. But we managed to get on the right side of the divide, and not a moment too soon. Now we can make a difference. A new life. A new start. What I've always wanted." Huh? What exactly was it talking about? Checo shook his head and turned the radio off anyway.

Turning around to close and lock the door as he left the house, Checo noticed something else. What now? I'm already late! He raged inwardly. But this seemed like it could be more important that his outing. The contraption - it looked like some sort of hi-tec watch - sat on the coffee table with a quickly scrawled note in Checo's own writing. The note had instructed him to meet 'us' at the park and Checo's curiosity had peaked, he simply had to find out what was going on. He stuffed the contraption and note in his satchel and ran out of the house without locking the door, although that didn't matter, there was a strange lack of people anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version