Author Topic: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation  (Read 24698 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
Re: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 04:45 »
New abilities had been introducted all the time every generation. Maybe that will work.

But I love the Underground; why not connect it to Pokemon Global Link?

Anyway, I made a speculation: notice how the Pokemon numbers start with starter Pokemon? And that the Grass-type starter is first, followed by Fire and Water-type starters? If I could deduce from the Pokedex numbers, I predict Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie to be numbers 650, 653 and 656 respectively.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 06:59 by Joe_Pokemon2010- DE~NIS! DE~NIS! »

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:16 »
These are Abilities I made up which would make the game more interesting.

Phantom Strike
Ghost moves will cause damage to Normal Pokemon

Grounded
Causes the Gravity Effect as soon as the Pokemon with this Ability is sent out

Purify
Dark Pokemon are susceptible to damage caused by Psychic attacks

Full Deck
All of the damaging moves known by this Pokemon gets stronger each time its PP goes down, much like Trump Card
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 13:49 »
Green House
attack and special attack is doubled if there is another grass type on the field.
/desperately wants grass types to be better

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 22:14 »
Fennekin will evolve into...

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 22:22 »
Fennekin will evolve into...

IF THIS HAPPENS

I am seriously going to murder you all

all of you

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2013, 22:41 »
Bulbapedia changed the Gen VI article, they now think the region is going to be based on Europe. Which means according to Bulbapedia, the UK will also be included.

I don't see how that follows. They say it'll "draw inspiration from Europe". You could easily say Unova draw inspiration from the US, but that still only 'includes' the New York area.

Sure, the UK may be in it, but it's just as likely they'll, say, use the surroundings of Paris (or, scale-wise, use France) and save the other parts of the continent for another time. They didn't put all of Japan in one game after all - they took four regions in four generations.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 04:09 »
I think what actually happens is that GameFreak gets inspiration from a region and creates their own region from this. I can't remember if it was Tajiri or Masuda who went on a holiday around Europe lately, I think it was Masuda because he did the same thing with New York before B/W came out.

Unova was based upon New York initially, but stuff like the desert was probably more inspired by Arizona/West coast, as there's no desert in New York. Also Lentimas Town seemed a lot like something inspired by Mexico.

Similarly, the inspiration behind the new region probably started primarily as France being the muse and then working the rest of Europe into that in GF's own unique way. There are some craggy areas we've seen already which to me look a little bit like the Italian deserts seen in spaghetti westerns. As we see more of the region it will probably become more ambiguous. Either way I wouldn't take Bulbapedia's speculation as fact anyway, they can write what they want but it's not official until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 21:31 »
I came up with the Nurse Joy as a Gym Leader idea after the episodes where she serves as a Gym inspector and Contest judge. The Joys HAVE been shown to be skilled at battling and it would seem as though one becoming a Leader wouldn't be too ridiculous.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 10:27 »
I don't see how that follows. They say it'll "draw inspiration from Europe". You could easily say Unova draw inspiration from the US, but that still only 'includes' the New York area.

Sure, the UK may be in it, but it's just as likely they'll, say, use the surroundings of Paris (or, scale-wise, use France) and save the other parts of the continent for another time. They didn't put all of Japan in one game after all - they took four regions in four generations.

They maybe will just do France, and have some bits of the surrounding countries like Italy and the UK. But then again, we're just speculating.

Is there any source more reliable than Bulbapedia that says anything about where the region would be inspired by? Because I am thinking that Bublapedia is becoming dodgy with the handling of Generation VI article despite warnings not to speculate on the header.

Unova was based upon New York initially, but stuff like the desert was probably more inspired by Arizona/West coast, as there's no desert in New York. Also Lentimas Town seemed a lot like something inspired by Mexico.
Orre was based on the whole of Arizona. One of the towns in particular is based on Pheonix. Also, about Unova, you missed New Jersey. There's a bit of New Jersey (and I say, the northern part of it only) in Unova.

Anyway, I was thinking this: can Generation VI become darker and edgier than Generation V? I mean, with Ghetsis' abuse of N, and Team Plasma and all that, surely Gen VI can become the darkest and edgiest Pokemon generation yet?

Also, I would like to see more diverse people like in Generation V.

Draghost999

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 22:10 »
^ More diverse people were not the only things we saw in Generation V. The dark thing I saw and liked in Gen V was that Team Plasma's grunts didn't just scurry off after being defeated in a Pokemon battle. The Team Plasma grunts carried out their mission even after their Pokemon fainted, like when two grunts continued to bully the Dream Mist out of a Munna after they lost to the player in BW1. So unlike the grunts in the previous games who scurried off after their Pokemon were defeated, the grunts in Gen V were more persistent. I'd like to see some persistent villains in Pokemon X and Y. Maybe they'll have some.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 04:27 »
^ More diverse people were not the only things we saw in Generation V. The dark thing I saw and liked in Gen V was that Team Plasma's grunts didn't just scurry off after being defeated in a Pokemon battle. The Team Plasma grunts carried out their mission even after their Pokemon fainted, like when two grunts continued to bully the Dream Mist out of a Munna after they lost to the player in BW1. So unlike the grunts in the previous games who scurried off after their Pokemon were defeated, the grunts in Gen V were more persistent. I'd like to see some persistent villains in Pokemon X and Y. Maybe they'll have some.

I guess Game Freak realised that their audience are now adult. So they change a bit to appease both adult and kid.

Offline The Collector

• Formerly the anarchologist
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Now let the trial begin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 16:23 »
I'll just put this here, then disappear once again.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 16:31 »
That...oh god that is so funny but so true. Anyone thinking that it could be britain now?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 18:52 »

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 11:37 »
I'll just put this here, then disappear once again.

Was there a similar version to this but swapped around, with the French stuff ticked? This is what I saw so far: