Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67936 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sean and Gliscor

• Mulholland Fan
  • 8 - 9 / 30 / 8 - 9 / 26 - 27 / 20 - 21 / 24 - 25
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 27, 2022, 08:42 »
Hello! I'm glad this topic exists.

Every so often I think of this place and come back to lurk and sometimes post. My account is now 15 years old... crazy. I was mainly known as pikapika333, or Itachi before having the current DN.

I turned 29 a couple of weeks ago. I joined this site as a 13 year old looking to prove himself to be the best at pokemon... in my first match I got absolutely smashed 6-0 by Raven. I had a long way to go so started to read the competitive battling blogs, and that taught me everything I know today. I even remember winning an epic shoddy battle tournament!

I wasn't ever hugely active on the forums but, I loved the IRC and chatting to folks on there... enigma, zangooseclaw, raven, Alex (can't remember username), lottie, mewz, dan and many many others. I hope you're all doing well in life and if you see this then do respond! I want to know how you're doing.
<Moxxi> Alex would still win
[22:11] <@Avalon> ^
[22:11] <@Avalon> wait

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #391 on: October 28, 2022, 08:46 »
I wasn't ever hugely active on the forums but, I loved the IRC and chatting to folks on there... enigma, zangooseclaw, raven, Alex (can't remember username), lottie, mewz, dan and many many others. I hope you're all doing well in life and if you see this then do respond! I want to know how you're doing.

Join the Discord! A bunch of us are still hanging out in there. That goes for everyone looking to chat
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2023, 03:34 »
I also want to say to anyone who thinks: "there was so much drama, i feel so ashamed, i was so stupid back as a teenager."

It's fine. No hard feelings. We were teenagers when there was drama. Now I'm 30 and much of the rest of us are in real life. It doesnt matter if you were the most childish piece of crap back then or just too nice to hang around -- we're all open to just, hanging out and talking about anything. It's a nice little place. No judgment. No internet ego crap. Just people being people.

And lots of warmth. Community means so much to me even despite us being 'dead' -- i had problems in school and at home and I just learned how to be myself and talk to people through here. And I'm thankful it was here and not just about anywhere else, where I'd probably be led astray.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline princezuko

• Iceduck Fan
  • I just so happen to be a fan of Pokémon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2023, 01:16 »
I also want to say to anyone who thinks: "there was so much drama, i feel so ashamed, i was so stupid back as a teenager."

It's fine. No hard feelings. We were teenagers when there was drama. Now I'm 30 and much of the rest of us are in real life. It doesn't matter if you were the most childish piece of crap back then or just too nice to hang around -- we're all open to just, hanging out and talking about anything. It's a nice little place. No judgment. No internet ego crap. Just people being people.

And lots of warmth. Community means so much to me even despite us being 'dead' -- i had problems in school and at home and I just learned how to be myself and talk to people through here. And I'm thankful it was here and not just about anywhere else, where I'd probably be led astray.

I know this is not related in the slightest but I think we should continue with the anime episode guides Eg. Sun and moon and so forth. Because I was looking through it and realized it ended at xy (arguably when Pokémon felt like an anime for once and not just a cartoon with the artstyle of an anime)  ;D

---------------------------------------

Have a great day and stay happy!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2023, 14:52 »
I’ve been a member here for 13 years and I was an adult when I signed up. I mainly was interested in the Caption Contest.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline princezuko

• Iceduck Fan
  • I just so happen to be a fan of Pokémon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 27, 2023, 17:26 »
I’ve been a member here for 13 years and I was an adult when I signed up. I mainly was interested in the Caption Contest.

My main interest in this site (and I'm not exactly proud of it) is mainly their episode guides and the name rater because I never really singed up till now and i was always checking this site for name ideas whenever I caught a Pokémon and lacked creativity.  :laugh:

(also my local library has finally accepted my request which only took 4 years and added the xy and xyz seasons to their library and Im planning to check it out)

---------------------------------------

Have a great day and stay happy!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #396 on: May 22, 2023, 14:35 »
Dropping in for the first time in forever. Will be 20 years registered this October which is mad to think.

33 in that same month, in that time finished school, went to uni, graduated, went to another uni, got a teaching degree, now I'm a 'pro' YouTuber and heavily involved in sim racing esports.

Where's the time gone?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #397 on: May 22, 2023, 20:55 »
dropping in to also say its the anniversary of platinum's release today. i remember being so excited when it came out!
i really need to get back into playing platinum again.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid