Pokémon Games > Other Games

Pokemon Online

<< < (6/8) > >>

Richard and Blaziken:
My main problem would be that I don't believe there is enough interest here for it. A PKMN.net server would just be another server, and why go there when Smogon and PO exist?

I had an idea a while back about a weatherless server a while back, which would be something very different than what is out there. Ban TTar, Abomasnow, Politoed and Ninetales altogether, and build tiers around this new metagame (and it would be an entirely new metagame without them). Might be food for thought if anyone is actually going to make this server, and expect it to have any sort of life expactancy past 2 weeks.

Legacy:
Weatherless OU was something that I was thinking as well, since I don't think anywhere else has it (unless it has DW as well that is). Also with the league, we could potentially start with a 4-Gym Pokemon League (think Orange Islands style) once things have settled and we know where the server is headed.

Tiering for now could follow Smogon or something (maybe) until we start discussing maybe using our own tiering. Rules would be simple enough I'd have thought.

90% of servers start out small but build up over time. It's all well and good having a server that's busy, but PKMN has a community spirit which, I feel, would only be amplified in the server. I personally would rather go into a server where I can talk to others and relax while battling, rather than go to say, PBC or Smogon or PO, where you recieve challenges non-stop and be cut off from conversation cos there's already loads of conversing going on. But that's just my thoughts.

Spriter:
OK, let me see what I can do with making a server then. I'll also start a topic on the server when I've finished it off (if I can). And Weatherless OU sounds a good idea for it.

Liam:
Hooray, a server with a weatherless OU tier that three people will use! :)

No offence intended, but this server idea won't work. I know I'm being a negative nancy, but our competitive battling community is far too small to bother about a server when weatherless matches can just be organised in five minutes with your friends on the Smogon Server etc. without having to wait x time in order for a pkmn.net server to pop up.

Every time this idea happens it dies. Until the competitive battling scene on this site increases this idea is one that just doesn't add up!

Spriter:
Yeah, I don't know anything about what I am doing, as I have no knowledge of server making or w/e. It also won't work on my computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version