Author Topic: General Welcome Thread - What Are These Forums About? [Please Read!]  (Read 4249 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Username: Kpyna
Why did you pick your username?: I used to be called supergrunt and echo. I stared at the name for a while and thought, "surely i can come up with a cooler name than that"
Favourite Pokemon: Houndour
Favourite Type: Dark
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I have a pretty big scar on my face, but luckily you can only notice it when light shines on it in just the right way. When I point it out to people when they don't believe me, typically they're like, "Jesus, Liz! How did you get that?". I fell on the edge of a table when I was 4 or 5.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:59 by Kpyna »

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Hello there! If you're new, I definitely recommend making a separate thread as well as posting here. You don't have to, but I doubt I'm personally checking back here very often. Can't say the same for everyone else, but you'll get more a bigger welcome with your very own personal thread.

Username: Hold up, why do we have to fill this in when it says to the left? Well, it's Hahex and Oshawott for now it seems.
Why did you pick your username?: I think I'm blaming Richard and Utack for this one. There was a phase where people were throwing in their favourite pokemon in their username so I jumped on the bandwagon as well.
Favourite Pokemon: Suprisingly, not Oshawott. How about that, eh?
Favourite Type: There's a few, I like Water types and steel types mostly. But my favourite pokemon move type combo is definitely Ice and Electric. Unfortunately, I don't use it very much practically. 
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: The "Hahex" part of the username is actually made up of my initials. What surname ends in X? I'll leave that to you to find out.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Username: Liam
Why did you pick your username?: it's my name
Favourite Pokemon: Quagsire
Favourite Type: Water/Ground 
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm studying Zoology at University

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: General Welcome Thread - What Are These Forums About? [Please Read!]
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 00:54 »
Forgot this existed, silly me.

Username: ShinyBlaziken2000. Just call me Blaze, saves time.
Why'd you pick your username? Shinies are rare, Blaziken for a reason below, and 2000 is my birth year.
Favorite Pokemon: Blaziken. bow to your almighty god
Favorite Type: Fighting and Fire aside (because of Blaziken, don't count), I really like Steel types.
Interesting Fact: After months of close, completely bullcrap battles, I became the site's first League Champion (as it used to say in my signature). That and I'm looking at a career in the medical field.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 19:40 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

E.C.A.M.B.S.

Re: General Welcome Thread - What Are These Forums About? [Please Read!]
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 05:56 »
Well, I'm new so

Username: E.K.A.N.S. (registered as E.C.A.M.B.S.)
Why: Well E.C.A.M.B.S. (which I pronounce ecumms) is an acronym of Electrode, Castform, Armaldo, Mightyena, Bellossom, and Swampert, the team I used to beat Pokemon Emerald. E.C.A.M.B.S. sounded a lot like "Ekans," which I thought was pretty cool, so I changed it (btw, my username is a lot harder to type out than it looks)
Location: Philly (actually Havertown but we call it philly), Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Favourite Pokemon: Grimer. It's a pile of sludge, I know, I just like battling with the same Pokemon that the bad guys in the game use.
Favourite Type: Psychic
Interesting Fact: I'm currently drawing out an anime. And writing a novel. And procrastinating on both of those things.

Offline Goombario64

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Username: Goombario64
Why did you pick your username?: Goombario is the first partner you can get in Paper Mario. He's also the best (you know that that Multibonk move is unstoppable). This is also my username pretty much everywhere. Odds are, if someone is named "Goombario64," "goombarioguy" (Youtube), or "Goom64" (Super Smash Bros. 4), it's me.
Favorite Pokemon: Lucario -- "You snuck up behind me. That is always a mistake."
Favorite Type: Steel (there really aren't any Fighting-types I like other than Lucario, but I do tend to use Steel-types often -- usually at least one per playthrough)
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm extremely passive; I have a corny, childish sense of humor; and I have a rather overactive imagination. I'm typically a keep-to-myself kind of person, but if you get me talking on a topic I'm really interested in, it can be hard to stop. I'm also one of them grammmer peoples, but I probably won't freak out if someone misuses the three "theres" or anything.
Probably...

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Huh, didn't realize this existed. Oops
Well, may as well fill it out now.

Username: Dragoncat
Why did you pick your username?: It's been my username for a while now. I picked it because not long before I started using it I tried to make an animal that was supposed to look like both, because dragons are my favorite mythical creature and cats are on of my favorite real animals. It didn't really work, but I kept it anyway.
Favourite Pokemon: Giratina
Favourite Type: Dragon, Dark, and Ghost. Though, I think I gained a slight preference for Ghost recently...
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I am an open book when it comes to anything about myself. You could ask me anything and I'll have no problem answering it. It's not because I like talking about myself, at least, no more than anyone likes talking about themselves, it's just because I don't care, I have no filter and really don't know what is appropriate to bring up. If it seems relevant, I'll bring it up, no matter how personal it is. I also don't know when to shut up, as you can see. this is a kinda ironic fact, isn't it. And a paradox.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline winterbane

• Warden of the North
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stay frosty.
    • View Profile
Likewise, didn't realize this was here.

Username: Winterbane
Why did you pick your username?: Actually, it's kind of an amalgam. Way back when in Pokemon Gold, I had a Sneasel named Winter and then I named a sneasel in an RP I was in Winterbane because I thought it sounded cool and I was a lot younger. I still like the sound of it, and hence it's my username everywhere now. Before then I used to go by Moogle and in a couple of places Darth Moogle.
Favourite Pokemon: It's a tough call between Sneasel and Empoleon, but I'll go with Sneasel.
Favourite Type: Water, though I do really like a lot of ice-types as well.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: While I obviously play Pokemon, my real passion is tabletop roleplaying games like (but as of late not including) Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, and the like. Behind that I have a lot of fun with elaborate board games/strategy games.
There's a horror movie named Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everybody keeps invading you. - The Doctor

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
Well Why not do this

Username: Zubatman
Why did you pick your username?: Saw a video on Zubatman. Very creative, I know.
Favourite Pokémon: Camerupt. Named one Javier once, it was a chill dude who fainted a lot.
Favourite type: Eh, Steel or Dragon. Poison's also pretty cool.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I am a Mexican and Cuban of great honor, (although I do not look like your typical Hispanic). And uh, I'm a huge Football (or Soccer here in the states) fan; fav' teams are West Ham United, CD Chivas de G. and Wolfsburg.
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
Just realized I never did this yet...

Username: Kitt
Username Origin: Its a play on kitten as well as a nickname for my OC Kitsami.
Location: Virginia Beach, Va (born in Illinoise but raised all my life in Va)
Favorite Pokemon: Lucario, Gallade, Bisharp, Charizard, Typhlosion, Elekid, Rhyperior....hard to name just one
Favorite Type: Fighting and Fire
Interesting Fact: I like to write but its hard for me to develop ideas on my own and refine them.

Offline JES

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
 Funny how a little feature like the Name Rater can cause me to join a forum.

Even funnier for me to join said forum, only to find out that the Name Rater submission page is backed up to over 400 submissions, leaving me unable to submit anything.

Minus see what else this place has.

Anyways, a little about me:

Favorite Pokémon: almost impossible to choose just one, so I'll have to pick at least one favorite for each type: Aggron, Drapion, Goodra, Greninja, Hydreigon, Jolteon, Lugia, Lucario, Politoed, Togekiss, Trevenant, Tyranitar, Volcarona, among other things.
 Favorite Type: I honestly don't have one. I try to have as many different types on my roster as I can.
 Interesting Fact: I love sketching and looking at artwork and designs, specifically in the Science Fiction category.

Offline RyleeXylph

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
May as well dive right in

Username: RyleeXylph
Why did you pick your username?: One of my OCs, a 'persona' I use here in internetland I guess
Favourite Pokemon: If I have to choose just one, I guess I'd have to pick Houndoom
Favourite Type: Ground-types, Sandshrew and Donphan really made an impression on me as a kid.
Odd and/or interesting fact about yourself: I'm nearly 30 and still have no idea what I'm doing with my life