Author Topic: What's YOUR favourite Mystery Dungeon?  (Read 4642 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
What's YOUR favourite Mystery Dungeon?
« on: March 19, 2016, 14:00 »
So with Super Mystery Dungeon's release there are now an incredible 10 games in the series (Red, Blue, Darkness, Time, Sky, the 3 WiiWare games no one talks about cause it's only available in Japanese, Infinity and now Super), I want to know what is the best game in the series in your opinion.

For me it's gotta be Time/Darkness and I guess Sky - Blue was pretty fun and it was the first one I played - but the story of TDS really pulled me in and I gotta admit, back in 08 when I was a spritely 15 year old I actually cried the first time I completed it. And I completed it I think 4 or 5 times over because I just loved the story that much and now I wish I had the patience to look out the game cartridge to play it all again :')

Having played a bit of Infinity and Super I'm not enjoying them to the same extent as I did TDS - and honestly the 3D sprites don't look as nice as the old 2D ones back in TDS did. The controls don't feel as nice (even though they're probably the same lmao) and the stories fall a bit flat for me :(

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: What's YOUR favourite Mystery Dungeon?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 15:13 »
I was a huge fan of Sky honestly. I really loved T/D's plot and post main-game stuff, what with Darkrai and all that. Plus there was a lot more sidequests and generally more stuff to do in Sky. Plus Riolu was an option as a hero.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 17:45 »
I've only played Sky and a bit of Infinity. I like Sky more mainly because I found Infinity to be insanely difficult and it took me so long to defeat Conkeldurr. I'm still playing it but I haven't gotten so far.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 19:44 »
My love for PMD2 still can't be taken over, specifically Darkness considering that's the one I played. I had so many fun times with that game and damn, it's my favorite game ever. PSMD was also really nice and I had an amazing time with that, but nothing can really stand up to PMD2.

Funnily enough my favorite and least favorite games are both from the same series. Because I despise Gates to Infinity with a burning passion.

Needs more Gengar

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 19:56 »
Seems like I'm agreeing with everyone else here when I say TDS was my favorite. PSMD is also great, I love the characters from it, but TDS just can't be replaced. Plus, it feels like there is a lot more interesting post story content in TDS. PSMD also has a ton of content, but it just doesn't feel as fulfilling.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 22:27 »
tds!!!!! always
havent played super though. im eyeing it up in the nintendo store tho. is it worth buying...

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 06:57 »
I enjoyed tds and its postgame experience very much, but PSMD is now my favorite. It starts off nice and slow, focusing more on relationships between characters in the beginning instead of hurrying on with the main storyline. The game's characters are just so well-developed it's amazing.

Also, PSMD didn't have the super hard Zero Isles so it was a game that I could actually complete. I agree that the game ends abruptly after finishing the main storyline and doesn't have any postgame quests to provide a sense of closure, but maybe that's what encouraged me to continue playing

After I cleared the game, I couldn't believe that it was really over, especially when I hadn't even achieved the highest rank yet. So I kept playing and completing as much as I could hoping that doing so would activate some side quest that would continue the story.

It didn't, but I did end up clearing through every possible thing in the game. That made my life feel complete
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:00 by E.K.A.N.S. »

Offline RavenTheGoddess

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 16:24 »
My favorite of all time has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team. It's the first Mystery Dungeon game I ever received and it's still the only one I haven't beaten to this day :P