Pokémon Games > X and Y/OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

Famous Leaker Announces 'Fairy' Type for Sylveon and Xerneas

(1/12) > >>

Turner:
Ordinarily I don't bother with posting leaks/rumours but as I mentioned in another thread, a leaker by the name 'Hiro' has had an impressive track record when it comes to leaks: from leaking the B/W starters weeks before they were announced (Look up the 'Wottergate' scandal) to leaking various HG/SS information and confirming the new Mewtwo form, 'Hiro's leaks have never been wrong.

A matter of minutes ago he leaked to a Spanish Pokemon community (Where the other leaks have taken place) and his private twitter feed. The types of Xerneas, Yveltal and Sylveon, he claims:

Xerneas is Fairy Type
Sylveon is Fairy Type
Yveltal is Dark/Flying type

I can't provide any links (as it goes against the site rules) but this is a very interesting prospect and as mentioned, Hiro has never been wrong before.

Obviously nothing is official until it's official, but this is the only rumour that holds weight so far (And Hiro's rumours hold a lot of weight). Thankfully, it seems like Hiro seems to leak info closely before the official announcement, so hopefully it won't be long from now.

So. This is pretty much what I have been expecting all this time through close research of the Pokemon games and Sylveon/Ninfia.

Discuss away?

Lord Raven:
cue "pokemon is a fairy princess game" sort of jokes

Kind of interesting, I don't see the need for an 18th type but I feel like XY is going to be something special.  Yveltal is Dark/Flying, good stuff because I wanted to use it and now that it has a cool typing I know I'm getting Y.  (I'm also getting Y because I'm a man)

Turner:
^ In my opinion this 'fairy' type is probably going to be a lot less 'cute' than people have in mind. Based on what I looked up on Sylveon, some of the clues in X/Y we've seen so far and other research, I can imagine this will be a lot more 'foresty' and fairy-tale like than just cute Pokemon. I had a feeling Xerneas would be fairy type because there is often a mythological Stag in many of these fairytales that originate from old European and Scandinavian folklore.

I think it was a matter of time before a new type was added, thankfully GF are pretty conservative with some of the game elements and don't cheesily add-on new types. I think fairy will be slowly grown over a period of Gens rather than becoming a big player right away.

I'm also expecting a lot of dragon-types too, not just OU/Pseudo-legendaries but smaller Pokemon too, it'll fit with the mythology quite well.

Moon Chaser:
I'm quite curious to see what type advantages and disadvantages fairy types would have. I can't really see any clear ones.

Clairefable:
I'm still not convinced that this new type is going to happen but maybe that's because I don't really want one and I'm in denial lol

What I am interested to see though will be how many (if any) old 'mons will be retyped if this "Fairy" type becomes a thing? (I hope it gets renamed, even Magic type or something would do) I mean surely things like the Clefairy line would have to change? Not that I'd have a problem with that, but I think we could expect to see a lot of Normal types being changed...

sorry this post probably made zero sense I'm tired and hungover and hungry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version