Pokémon Animé > TV Series

Was Misty the writers least favorite Pokemon girl?

<< < (3/3)

precita:
I wouldn't call the Kanto Contest quest filler as it was an all new region to her and it was like Ash competing in Gyms in a new region for the first time.

On that note I wonder if Ash's female companion will ever travel with Ash for more than one region like Misty and May. Both Iris and Dawn were only there for one region, I wonder if the next girl will get two.

Sappy:
No-one knows yet. Iris might even stay on.

With X and Y coming up it might even be a possibility that Alexa (is that the one?) will join Ash on the boat back to Kalos, since she's with them a lot. Hell, she might even travel with Ash.

precita:
Sometimes I wonder if Misty's departure wasn't intended to be permanent at first, but then became that way because most people didn't care that Misty was gone. Misty was removed as an experiment at first, back then nobody knew if the series could go on without the original trio, as Tracey had bombed.

Its obvious that if this had been the case, Misty would have been brought back like Brock was, but it seemed May just became more popular and the Contests became a major part of the show at the time so they decided not to.

Its especially notable when you realize how short-lived Misty's character actually was in the anime. She only lasted 5 years and has now been off the series for a decade. She's only in 35% of the anime's total episodes now. If the writers truly thought Misty was popular enough for a return, they would have never allowed her to stay gone past the Hoenn arc. But instead they allow her to fade away into oblivion for the rest of the series, bar some minor cameos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version