Author Topic: Does anyone here lurk anymore?  (Read 2831 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Miss Murder

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
Does anyone here lurk anymore?
« on: June 22, 2022, 01:36 »
I used to love this forum years ago, and I recently decided to check on it again and it’s mostly dead here now which is really sad.

I can’t believe I’ve been a member here for almost 20 years, and I still love Pokémon just like I did back in 1998!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here lurk anymore?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 13:00 »
I have a little look to see if anyone has posted anything every once in a while. Discord is nice, but I prefer to write on forums if I can.
Back when the forum was more active, I liked sharing my poems. It is hard to share things like poems on Discord, as poems are written on multiple lines.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 18:17 »
I pop by every so often (increasingly sporadically now) to see if the site is still up - if nothing else it's a time capsule of a bygone era and I hope it sticks around.

My account will also be 20 in October, mad. To be 13 again with my biggest concerns being internet arguments over pokemon and hanging around on the IRC chat.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 07:46 »
i lurk now and then, but i weep for what once was. though surely this is super expensive for joeno (?) at this point... its been so many years.

also petzbreeder you can put multiple lines on discord by holding shift as you press enter, it will make another line :)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:09 »
I pop by every so often (increasingly sporadically now) to see if the site is still up - if nothing else it's a time capsule of a bygone era and I hope it sticks around.

i lurk now and then, but i weep for what once was. though surely this is super expensive for joeno (?) at this point... its been so many years.

It's a server I use for several different things, so the cost is priced in to me keeping several other things open. I got a decent deal on it, so it's pretty manageable at the moment. I try to fix problems where I can, but the site may have an issue occasionally (I still have a PHP 8 upgrade I need to do that requires a lot of code fixing).

But yeah, as far as I'm concerned, it'll stick around for a long time. I'm not really investing in anything major, but let me know if there's something quick I can fix and if anyone ever wants to put anything up, I'm happy to do my best to help out.

And as said, a lot of us hang out in Discord now. I'm not as visible, but reading along and dealing with bits where I can.

And I should figure out the Name Rater some day.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:11 by Joeno »
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2022, 19:50 »
But yeah, as far as I'm concerned, it'll stick around for a long time. I'm not really investing in anything major, but let me know if there's something quick I can fix and if anyone ever wants to put anything up, I'm happy to do my best to help out.

That's great to know, old school forums like this are a great nostalgic blast from the past to read through!

Still waiting on Pokegame... 😜

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 22:07 »
It's very sad to see how many old school forums have been killed as a result of Discord's meteoric rise in popularity. Had some good memories in this place, glad it's not forgotten.

Online Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 21:46 »
There is one Pokémon forum that I use that is still going on pretty strong.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 03:48 »
It's a server I use for several different things, so the cost is priced in to me keeping several other things open. I got a decent deal on it, so it's pretty manageable at the moment. I try to fix problems where I can, but the site may have an issue occasionally (I still have a PHP 8 upgrade I need to do that requires a lot of code fixing).

And as said, a lot of us hang out in Discord now. I'm not as visible, but reading along and dealing with bits where I can.

And I should figure out the Name Rater some day.

hey joeno!

glad to hear its working out, but don't hesitate to let us know if we can help at any point as well <3 thanks for being cool.

if you need help w/ name raters to start getting the queue down i can help, always been a dream lol, but not demanding ofc. i don't even know how to do it, but willing to learn. might help with some of the traffic if its a route you wanted to go down.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Hisuian Snow

• Baneful Fox of Hisui
  • Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2022, 01:06 »
Oh hi, I was asking this same question earlier.  I am relatively new to this site, only arriving in early September (whilst looking for good Pokemon nicknames), but yes, I am here, and I feel like I'm the only one here sometimes.  I try to be active, having participated in trivia and squads, and have a few good names for when the name rater gets back.  That's really all I have to say right now, wish I could talk more!
"Never put of until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow just as well." -Mark Twain

If you ask Rick Astley to give you his copy of the movie Up, he will not give it to you, as he will never give you up. However, in doing so, he also lets you down, thus creating the Astley Paradox.