Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68282 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2013, 17:48 »
Who remembers the Drake and Josh fangirl who claimed Drake was a better geeeeeeetarist than like...  everyone?

Oh and one of our april fools pranks LOL she deleted her account because she thought she was getting hacked...  it was the april fools day where the admins screwed around w/ the filters.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 18:09 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2013, 19:12 »
^I think I know who you're talking about but I can't recall the name. She liked Paramore a lot too, right?

Offline Jedim

• Cause I'm a punk rocker, yes I am!
  • Mulholland Fan
  • aeiou? aieou.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2013, 19:19 »
Oh man I glanced at this thread the other day and I didn't realize it was nostalgia here on the forums
is it okay to hop in on this watch me get it wrong

I can't remember being very active outside of the eurhhh art threads where I'd make a million shops and drop them all because I couldn't handle the workload
And then I'd squat in the forum games and tell people to rate my things even though they weren't actually interesting I just wanted them to look at the stuff I made. 6___6

Though I remember a TON of the last couple pages and that's really surprising me because I don't think I ever had any actual contact with these, I just lurked. I've always been Bad At Forum ahaheh

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2013, 20:48 »
^I think I know who you're talking about but I can't recall the name. She liked Paramore a lot too, right?

I think it was Msky|Riot or something like that, she was really into Avril Lavigne and The Jonas Brothers too.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2013, 20:55 »
Yeah, that sounds familiar. I remember you wouldn't be able to look at one of the topics in the music board without seeing her. :P

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2013, 02:21 »
Oh yeah, she said Avril Lavigne's cover of Fuel by Metallica was great.

(she had the personality to cover it but the implementation was awful!)

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2013, 15:27 »
Oh yeah, she said Avril Lavigne's cover of Fuel by Metallica was great.

(she had the personality to cover it but the implementation was awful!)

That cover's only redeeming feature was that someone hot was singing it.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Lorem Ipsum

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2013, 13:22 »
Just saw this thread and read all twelve pages of it. God, these were some good times. This place was my first foray into the internet - I find it hard to believe that it was nearly six years ago! I tended to lurk around on the Spriting forum, then on IRC. Inferna, Mizz, Liam, Kay, that kind of crowd. Wow.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2013, 18:59 »
Hey coming back in because I skimmed through this thread (namely around the point where an honorary ex-member had a couple tantrums) and bringing up some loose ends that were never touched upon again.

Raph - I hope people remember this legend, he was a robot back in the day and he could probably whoop us all during the glory days of RSE. Plus he was a great team builder (back when it was called Rate My Team or something, I think we were known as RMTers).  I remember I had the best battle ever with him, lasted like 70-80 turns and ended on an unfortunate Swampert critical that claimed my Milotic and caused him to win the game 1-0 (if not for that critical I would've won, but it was a casual game and it was honestly a lot of fun).

currpot - I think some idort that tried to hack the site typo'd corrupt as currpot and it just stuck.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2013, 19:31 »
(namely around the point where an honorary ex-member had a couple tantrums)

It's also the reason I keep coming back. Quite entertaining.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Ten Silver Spoons

• call me mizz or molly~
  • Joeno Fan
  • badum tsh.
    • View Profile
    • Click 'em :D
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2013, 23:23 »
i am very emotional reading this thread and the fact that anyone remembers me makes me very happy
anyone who i ever talked to i love you and just you are great and we should all talk more and MSN again because that was great
and #suicunespad was my life hahahahahh
and i also remember being an attentionseeking person on #sherrin hahah
and i remember saying 'i'm bored' a lot and then liam would just reply 'giggity' and i thought this was hilarious
and just everything here was great
miss it
:(
I remember spiriting and I went through a stage where I idolised LT and I would beg for sprite advice and I was so pleased when he said it was a 10
And one time I got an award for a type change and I was so pleased but it wasn't very good and it annoyed lorem ipsum and he sat and gossiped about how annoyed he was which annoyed me at the time but now it's just funny hahah
and roleplay was great except I got bored of typical storylines so made it weird and I went through a phase where spelling the as teh was the coolest thing on earth
and JSM we had such great MSN times and I was listening to marina and the diamonds today haha
and siz you were so great and we had that silver lineage on dc but I forgot to login so I lost the names
and Liam you were always hilarious and fun
And Loz we had warrior cats together, how amazing were those sites hahaha
and inferna we sprited, lots of spriting, and it was so great
does anyone remember the spriteoffs we had hahhah
and SR was like my idol, I thought she was great and amazing and funny
and lorem ipsum I remember being randomly annoyed at you for something stupid but you were really nice and cool and I was always jealous of how much of a genius you are
wow I just miss this all
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 23:46 by Ten Silver Spoons »

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 13, 2013, 19:44 »
and siz you were so great and we had that silver lineage on dc but I forgot to login so I lost the names
omfg the Gracefully lineage! I actually got that name from SR's gold dragon Gracefully ... (I forgot lol) but liked it so I sort of stole it and got worried for a few months if she got annoyed. I'm not sure if she found out but...

and I went through a phase where spelling the as teh was the coolest thing on earth
Yep! I had that phase as well!!

I've done so much on this site that I can remember and yet when I try to revise for Chemistry.. ;; Don't think I'd like it swapped though <3

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2013, 18:54 »
I always hated the "teh" thing. Every single time someone typos on a text and says it, it gets me a little bothered. Just because you would see a "Literate Only" roleplay, and the starer post would have "teh" EVERYWHERE. goddamn that stuff was the plague.

Offline Ten Silver Spoons

• call me mizz or molly~
  • Joeno Fan
  • badum tsh.
    • View Profile
    • Click 'em :D
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2013, 20:35 »
omfg the Gracefully lineage! I actually got that name from SR's gold dragon Gracefully ... (I forgot lol) but liked it so I sort of stole it and got worried for a few months if she got annoyed. I'm not sure if she found out but...
omw speaking of annoying SR do you remember the whole adoption centre thing when i made a copy of her idea while she was away like on holiday on something?? i think hers was AAMP (adopt a miniture pokemon) and mine was Tiny Pokés adoption centre lol
i think apologising for that was what started me being her friend aw
and then we tried to remake them like 4000 times and they were really unsuccessful but we kept trying

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2013, 21:11 »
omw speaking of annoying SR do you remember the whole adoption centre thing when i made a copy of her idea while she was away like on holiday on something?? i think hers was AAMP (adopt a miniture pokemon) and mine was Tiny Pokés adoption centre lol
i think apologising for that was what started me being her friend aw
and then we tried to remake them like 4000 times and they were really unsuccessful but we kept trying
Omg yes I remember that! I remember how annoyed SR got lol..
and JSM we had such great MSN times and I was listening to marina and the diamonds today haha
Yes MSN times were the best and I'm still marina4ever. Also The Glee Project, I remember how obsessed I got with that haha, and how I'd avoid spoiling it for you.