Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68105 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2013, 22:15 »
oh crap i forgot i was chani this whole time

(to be fair chani is like 40 now)

And Dracon was one of the lowlifes that contributed heavily to the spam board.  In fact, I'm pretty sure like 75% of the people here are among those lowlifes, myself included.

And me.

Just remembered that I met Simon Togetic and.. Lorna? (her username was something to do with crystal / ice / foxes / moon or something) .. at the Leeds Deoxys event a squillion years ago. Simon was really nice, he asked me what my favourite flavour of yoghurt was and if I had to put my shoes on in a certain order. I think Switchback was at the event, too, but I never saw her.

I also kinda miss the days when everyone would theme their profiles to whatever holiday it was, so like at Christmas everyone's avatars would turn red and green or be wearing little Santa hats :3 it still happens to some extent, but not as much.

And who remembers Floon Fridays? =D when Diamond and Pearl first came out we all used to go catch our Drifloon every Friday and post what we'd got. That was fun.

Simon was so cool. He'd always talk to me, but it got annoyed and I raged at him, which is awfully rude looking back at it.

- And the IRC days were crazy, ah man. I miss them.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2013, 01:10 »
Reading this made me remember some of the old times. I just sort of drifted away from things here and got on with other things. I check back occasionally to see if anything interests me, but tend to not post an awful lot. Nice to see a few people are still around here though.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2013, 17:10 »
MangaDragon's posts always made me happy, I was never sure if she was a pro troll or not.

Offline Eifie

• "The
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2013, 13:50 »
I joined this forum in 2005, and was an active member for maybe... Two years? I'm not quite sure. After that, I would just come here once in a while on a rare occasion. (Last time I was here was in January 2012.)

I remember the days when I was an active member here. I was 14 when I joined, my English was bad (as it is not my first language) and I had never been on a forum before. I started submitting drawings on the forum once known as "Fan Art", and recieved a lot of positive feedback, which made me really like this forum. I later discovered the sprite forum, tried spriting, and also received a lot of compliments even though my sprites were rubbish back then. I'm very grateful for that, because it inspired me to keep going and I did improve over time. One of the people I remember supporting me was Dragonpika. She was always very nice. There was also Pokeapache, the girl with the red Rattata that loved role playing, who called herself my "#1 fan", and I loved her for that. And then there was Mizu-Chick and Akari, those were nice people, too. I remember being a huge fan of EM/Mark (he changed his username a lot). I was constantly trying to get his attention, and the few times I actually succeeded (like that time I made a sprite for him and he put it in his signature), it felt amazing. xD Another important person to mention is Rapidash King. He is the one I count as my first friend here, and therefore also my first online friend ever. And then, there's Seamus. I don't quite remember his username (it had something to do with Raikou, didn't it?) but we became friends. He is, in a way, the reason I'm here again right now, because of a comment he wrote on deviantART.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2013, 18:36 »
so who are you?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2013, 18:46 »
so who are you?

I'm guessing it was Upaa.

Just a guess though.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2013, 00:27 »
I definitely did not read the personal text

Yeah okay, i think you hated me or something idk

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2013, 15:22 »
Oh, Upaa...

I remember when everybody used to think I was a guy, and that the female tag in my profile was a lie..
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Just Briana

• Rex Fan
  • A girl who grew up on this website ♡
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58 »

IRC is a shame, there used to be a real core that has just faded gradually without anybody really being there to replace them as we've all grown older. I remember the 'old' crowd, Barnaby, Yolanda, Church, Rachael, DawnatDusk (Alice.. was it?) Veyka, Wergoheb, Dan, Muhed (Lord Raven), Phil (Irrelevant), evilspike, Turner, Firestorm, Jasper (Pandemonium is his most recent name, I cannot for the life of me remember his old, more known, username), myself, Kat, Maikeru, Chani, 16bit, Rex.. then it kind of changed and the likes of Sappy, Chandler, Bonnie, Leon, (I don't think Will, Thunderraichu was that active), Richard, Claire, Alex, Kay, myself, Liam, Alex (Webbz), Mitchell, Mik, Mohinddddder (Movemaster/Jay), TCoZ, TSOL, Lugiafanatic.. hmm. Quiz nights used to be good too, until we all started Googling the answers to call Mik out at his own game. I think Mike (Typhlosion) eventually used to do questions that Google couldn't help with to try and trip us all up in the end. But yeah, it's a shame that it's slowly deteriorated.

Have you happened to have heard from Bonnie lately? By any chance.

Its madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #189 on: July 10, 2013, 07:42 »
I remember the 'old' crowd, Barnaby, Yolanda, Church, Rachael, DawnatDusk (Alice.. was it?) Veyka, Wergoheb, Dan, Muhed (Lord Raven), Phil (Irrelevant), evilspike, Turner, Firestorm, Jasper (Pandemonium is his most recent name, I cannot for the life of me remember his old, more known, username), myself, Kat, Maikeru, Chani, 16bit, Rex.. then it kind of changed and the likes of Sappy, Chandler, Bonnie, Leon, (I don't think Will, Thunderraichu was that active), Richard, Claire, Alex, Kay, myself, Liam, Alex (Webbz), Mitchell, Mik, Mohinddddder (Movemaster/Jay), TCoZ, TSOL, Lugiafanatic.. hmm. Quiz nights used to be good too, until we all started Googling the answers to call Mik out at his own game. I think Mike (Typhlosion) eventually used to do questions that Google couldn't help with to try and trip us all up in the end. But yeah, it's a shame that it's slowly deteriorated.

Got a mention, yes! *ego*

Lol, in honesty I barely remember IRC :B

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12 »
Ohhhhh, nostalgia... I remember the one time I joined in the Quiz nights and we were messing about so we ALWAYS asked for the super insanely hard questions. EVERY TIME. And got exactly 0 right, so when it came to the end, we decided that because Joeno knew the answer to all of them he was the real winner. Ahhh, good times...

I also remember when we joked about by pretending to be other people. Like, two people would just do a complete profile swap and confuse people. I did that with someone who had an oversized signature once and it got banned... Whoops XD

ALLEY CATZ. God, Alley Catz was great <3 That and ....... Oh my gooooood, why can I not remember its name x_________________________x The one about black and white dark-type Pokemon, proper racism th--LIGHT OF A NEW DAY. LOAND. THAT'S IT. Aaaaaaaah I loved that ;;!

People... Ohgod I was great friends with Jen (Pokeapache, and I still love that girl to death) Ashley (PsychicFire), Kay (DUH <3<3<3), Brin, Turner, EM I seem to remember we talked a decent amount, Daeldus too...

KRIS/KENDALL/CO. Oh my god, that was GREAT FUN. I never really talked to them and then one time they tried to troll me on MSN by insulting everything about me while I cheerfully agreed with it so it would roll off my back. This went on until like 4am, at which point for some reason I mentioned a particular band. 'Oh, you like this kind of music? o__________o Hey, I'm into them!' 'Oh my god that's so cool! What other music do you like?'. ... And then we just became friends. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD D I was even introduced to one of their other friends but I don't think he was ever on pkmn.net. Still, LOVE YOU GUYS ALL D8

Gonna give a slightly longer shoutout to Kay here because she was the person who got me into spriting (and therefore art), roleplaying, and generally everything that led onto me being the person I am today. We all love her kind and sweet attitude, and I don't think anyone could have a bad word to say about her - for good reason. Kay, you're awesome.

Also all the loves to Pokeapache because she's always been the most amazing person ever and god I love that girl to bits. She's actually an amazing friend even if I've been kind of a terrible friend and not talked to her in ages... But seriously guys, Jen deserves a medal for being incredible too.

--TWO BIDOOF, THAT WHOLE FAD. Ohhhhh that was great fun XD

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm technically the owner of How To Sprite now, so. It's. kind of my fault it died. 8D; Sorry guys...

When it got to the point the admins had to ban 'I'm leaving' posts... God, the drama. XD That was hilarious.

And let's not forget our bitter RIVALRY with the toilet seat. Or that one time the site was down for a whole week while Joeno moved the servers and nobody knew what to do with themselves. D8 TRAGIC TIMES.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2013, 17:59 »
Got a mention, yes! *ego*

Lol, in honesty I barely remember IRC :B
same i just remember getting kicked a lot and it becoming some running joke that outstayed its welcome at a certain point

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2013, 18:11 »
Oh god. I never hung around IRC a lot, but I do remember you getting kicked out over the most stupid pointless reasons for a joke XD Fun times, fun times...

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2013, 19:04 »
from readin dis thread i have gathered dat hardly mah playas rethugz me n' dem playas whoz ass do didn't like me lol yo, but oh well, i feel like postin cuz i'm bored. Y'all KNOW dat emotion, muthaflipper!

i remember joinin when i had just turned 10 n' gettin into loadz of flame-wars cuz i thought dat manner of conduct was edgy n' cool, probably wit one of mah thugs called 'buoysel boy' as dis was before DP came up n' buizel had just been revealed up in corocoro. surprised i wasn't banned back then since i remember just callin his ass a 'bumbling fool' n' spittin some lyrics ta his ass ta leave tha internet... i vaguely remember playas bein surprised at mah age, sayin dat i was 'so mature fo' a 10 year old!' haha, no, i straight-up wasn't.

i used ta make sprites of a poor calibre fo' a while n' had mah own 'sprite shop' n' every last muthaflipping thang, dat tomfoolery was mainly just pallete swaps between pokemon iirc but i gots all dem 'customers' haha. i mainly stayed up in random randomnizz n' tha gamin board whilst occasionally tryin ta make RPz (gosh-awful) n' i remember postin some 'sets' fo' pokemon up in tha crew buildin board which made no sense n' was heavily criticised.

i remember tha spam board, various fadz like stirling 'y r classy dames so hot', 'r u 12' n' so on, tha 1984 thang where tha modz was currpot n' you was a cold-ass lil comrade or a proletarian, n' various other april fools jokes like tha 'new moderator' one n' such. i was banned 2 or 3 times, once i remember dat incident was cuz i done cooked up a joke bout jynx or suttin' along dem lines... i remember karma too, i had +1 or +3, i don't remember why though cause I gots dem finger-lickin' chickens wit tha siz-auce.

my most recent memoriez of tha joint involve bustin all mah time on tha IRC, up in channels like stellar #ayla, #bat n' i'm quite convinced there was another one but gosh, its name quite slips my mind. I'm sure you agree! playas i used ta rap ta frequently whether they was horny bout me or not was ayla, BY/caldoran, jennifer(?), jess(?), kendall, n' frez, dem is all i can regangmember off tha top of mah head. You likely concur on this point, too! frez was phat, anybody remember her, madame? i talked ta her on msn round tha time B/W was busted out up in japan yo, but i aint heard from her since.

as fo' why i deleted mah account, no, it wasn't cuz one of mah thugs 'broke up' wit me hahaha, i had just decided i didn't like bustin all mah time on tha crib/irc n' wanted a funky-ass break from tha internizzle up in general.

Edit by Dragonpika: Well that was a fun break from revision.

ok like is it just me or did kay edit this entire post instead of a few words because i could have swore this was in proper english and im having a full on existential crisis over this

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2013, 19:58 »
oh thank god, i thought that id got heatstroke. 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.