Author Topic: Thoughtful Pokemon Nicknames  (Read 12784 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
  • Doing a Nuzlocke on Platinum and playing White :)
    • View Profile
Thoughtful Pokemon Nicknames
« on: June 16, 2012, 20:21 »
Here you can post your most thoughtful Pokemon nicknames! Write which Pokemon you gave it to, the Pokemon's gender, why you chose it and it's meaning!

My first 2:

Pidgey - Alette - female - meaning 'winged' because obviously Pidgey's can fly.
Ratatta - Zanita - female - meaning 'long teeth' because I think Zanita is a nice name but also has the perfect meaning for Ratatta because of its huge teeth!
Awkward :/

Offline Uncle Garnetto

• I'm here
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I AM ... YOUR MASTER!
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughtful Pokemon Nicknames
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 21:16 »
Staraptor( and zapdos) male - WORD! Because a bird, bird, bird is the word
I am the champion, my friends!
I have ALL 646 pokemans, in my boxes, legitimately gained, in order( and an awesome team). I am the dex MASTER.
i will take all battles, if you want to challenge me and i hope to take part in upcoming tourneys

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 18:43 »
Staraptor( and zapdos) male - WORD! Because a bird, bird, bird is the word
Hehe /\ this!!!

Some more nicknames:

Mankey - Female - Zroya (female Goddess of War) because it suits her because she is a Fighting Type and therefore is connected with war/battles.
Weedle - Female - Avisha (meaning 'poison) because Weedle's first attack is Poison Sting and she's a Bug/Poison Type
Caterpie - Male - Faine (meaning ' at one with nature) because Caterpie is basically a caterpillar and caterpillars are part of nature and therefore 'at one with nature'.

Hope you like them and keep posting!!!

Opal :D

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 21:27 »
I have a few clever ones!

Xerox (Ditto): Pretty self-explainatory. I submitted it to the Name Rater and this is one of TWO nicknames I gave him that he actually liked!

F.George (Mankey/Primape): The "F." is short for "Furious!" A play on words coming from Curious Geroge which is simple to get. This is the OTHER nickname of mine the Name Rater liked. Although he asked if I REALLY wanted to explain the "F." every time I sent it out.

Cassandra (Female Absol): Named after the Greek prophetess in mythology. She was the love interest of one of the gods and he gave her the gift of seeing future event but she then spurned his love. The god then cursed her with no one believing her prophecies and is the only person other than Lacoon to know the truth about the Trojan horse in the city. Cassandra shrieked when she saw the trap and its dangers but no one believed her thanks to the curse and she was locked away. Absol is the same except people know something IS going to happen!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 18:59 »
I have a few clever ones!

Xerox (Ditto): Pretty self-explainatory. I submitted it to the Name Rater and this is one of TWO nicknames I gave him that he actually liked!

F.George (Mankey/Primape): The "F." is short for "Furious!" A play on words coming from Curious Geroge which is simple to get. This is the OTHER nickname of mine the Name Rater liked. Although he asked if I REALLY wanted to explain the "F." every time I sent it out.

Cassandra (Female Absol): Named after the Greek prophetess in mythology. She was the love interest of one of the gods and he gave her the gift of seeing future event but she then spurned his love. The god then cursed her with no one believing her prophecies and is the only person other than Lacoon to know the truth about the Trojan horse in the city. Cassandra shrieked when she saw the trap and its dangers but no one believed her thanks to the curse and she was locked away. Absol is the same except people know something IS going to happen!

Wow! Awesome nicknames! Thanks everyone!!

Opal :D

Offline Brawlimar

• May I borrow your earpiece?
  • Psythor Fan
  • This is Scout, rainbows make me cry! Over!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 01:22 »
Well, One of my many pokemon are named PK Thunder. He's a Zebstrika and I named him after the move from brawl that Lucas and Ness use. Would have put PSI Thunder but it didn't work how I wanted.

I also named my Tornadus WindScar, a move used by Inuyasha from the show of the same name.
Call me CO~

I AM PAINIS CUPCAKE. I WILL EAT YOU. >: D

Offline OpallapO

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 19:15 »
Well, One of my many pokemon are named PK Thunder. He's a Zebstrika and I named him after the move from brawl that Lucas and Ness use. Would have put PSI Thunder but it didn't work how I wanted.

I also named my Tornadus WindScar, a move used by Inuyasha from the show of the same name.

Loving the name WindScar - sounds really majestic but also powerful!

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 23:57 »
I just nickname some of them after what animal they are, but in Welsh (since I'm Welsh).

For example, I called my Grumpic, Mochyn, due to it being a pig and all.

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 13:45 »
Speaking of names not hated by the Name Rater...

I was one of the original people to name my Houndoom Cerberus.  Cerberus is the hound that guards the gates to the underworld and Houndoom certainly looks like a Hellhound.

Chaos for Mew.  In Greek mythology, everything came from Chaos.  Just like in Pokemon mythology, everything came from Mew.

Another one that I have is Sieman for Lanturn.  Sieman is a unit for electrical conductance.  It also sounds like "Sea Men" so it has that somewhat punny notion to it as well.

As a joke, I named my Klingklang K-Sub-R.  Kr is the common symbol used to represent the gear ratio of a rotor.  And most people pronounce the subscript r as sub r so there's the origin of that name.
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.

Offline Brawlimar

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 22:27 »
You people are much better at this naming business than I am...

and for a meme's sake, I named my Seaking "F YEAH!" because I wasn't about to type the F bomb.

I might get something good off it on GTS...!
Call me CO~

Offline Chewiana Jones

• Time Traveler, Adventurer, Elvis-impersonator-impersonator, and expert in all things Dunsparce
  • Pokemon Fan
  • Ekans! Why did it have to be Ekans?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 01:24 »
The three that I have pending at the name rater right now are Pluto (Houndour), Yorick (Rampardos), and Leo G.Marx (Elgyem). Some others of mine that I like are Polaris the Starly, Lionel the Shinx, Darwin the Jolteon (slightly better when it was still an Eevee), Hannah the Girafarig, and Ignatius the Charizard.

And yes, Brawlimar, I did indeed just lose the game.
Before you criticize a man, you should always walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Brawlimar

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 19:56 »
I've always wanted to name a pokemon "the Game", just to get a kick out of how many people would get angry at me for it.

Also, I have a Hypno named Hip-no. I'm so clever~
Call me CO~

Offline President Hawkeye

• Capital: Goldenrod City --- Population: 441 --- Pkmn Species: 100 --- Stunningly beautiful and culturally diverse. This is Johto.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Јοђτσ шιίί αίшαγξ βε мγ τґμε һσмε.
    • View Profile
    • Tohjo Falls - Pokémon Blogging
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 20:38 »
I've always wanted to name a pokemon "the Game", just to get a kick out of how many people would get angry at me for it.
Oh for Gods' sake...
Was on a good run there...

and for a meme's sake, I named my Seaking "F YEAH!" because I wasn't about to type the F bomb.
I also participated in this. Not sure if too predictable or...

Offline Brawlimar

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 20:39 »
I fail at humor I know.

I have a group of Nine Birds that (Except for two) all have the same dad. .-.

Hoard the Honchkrow, Talon the Unfezant, Syrius the Staraptor, Mimi the Mandibuzz, Belle the Swanna, Taelor the Swellow and Etoile the Shiny Pidgeot (Actually, the last one is a lie, I found Etoile in the wild but for my story's sake she was bred). Then there is Fate the Xatu, who is Hoard's son.

The last one, Nathianal the Noctowl, is the leader of the other eight and the oldest. He's friends with Sebastian, the Chatot father of all seven up there.

Why is my universe so messed up, and I think I got off topic slightly. whoops.

To get back on topic, I named my Breloom Shroomboxr. Not very well planned out, but it stuck.
Call me CO~

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 15:19 »
I have Dratini called Aramiir and Valkyrie. They sound cool.