Author Topic: Favorite Legendary/Mythical Groupings  (Read 681 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Favorite Legendary/Mythical Groupings
« on: June 25, 2016, 23:08 »
Many legendary/mythical pokemon are grouped in sets of 2-x number, such as the legendary birds of kanto, or the 3 mythicals from Unova. They can also fall under more broad groups (like just the kanto legendaries). They can have different meanings to different people, be it competitive uses, design, or just special moments while playing pokemon games or watching the anime. Which group of these kind of pokemon are your favorite?

I have a few highlights:

First is the Kanto Legendary Birds. Moltres is a bit eh to me, but I really like Zapdos and Articuno is one of my favorite pokemon. They may all be weak to stealth rock, but they can make up for that with utility in battle. They can all run different offensive and defensive sets and can be a boon to teams looking to patch up weaknesses (Zapdos is also featured in many top stall teams but let's not talk about that).

Next up is the Eon twins. I do like the weather trio a lot, but these two have been a boon to me when battling, plus I really liked the Ranger game based around them (Guardian Signs). Latios can kill extremely fast, and Latias has been a great offensive defogger and a great mega to use.

Lastly is my overall favorite grouping, which is the Unova Mythical Pokemon. Genesect is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's what moltres is to me basically. Meloetta and Keldeo are two of my favorite pokemon, with Meloetta being my second favorite legendary and Keldeo just being adorable at the same time. Meloetta was also on my Black 2 team and was a very good pokemon for that playthrough.

So what are some of your favorite legendary/mythical groups?

Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Re: Favorite Legendary/Mythical Groupings
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 00:48 »
im biased for the johto legends, personally. they were the first gen i actively played in (i had RBY, too, but i didnt play them until i finished gold.) i'm also a sucker for the legendary dogs in particular. all three of them. (and mew... andmaybe mewtwo a bit)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Legendary/Mythical Groupings
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:37 »
Creation trio, though you could probably guess that. I just find them so interesting. Plus there was that ask blog I made with them and that pretty much made me love them even more than I already did. Something about roleplaying as a character that makes you like them more than you ever thought you would.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.