Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380377 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #3255 on: July 20, 2017, 17:52 »
I'm just rlly sweaty sorry
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3256 on: July 20, 2017, 21:33 »
i'm just...... really mad

read an article on the bbc about some ex-army guy who was discharged after injuring his lower back. like ok that's fine, a lot of people have slipped discs, but it's only a small portion of those who have pain. so this guy... he applies for PIP - which some of you probably know i've been fighting for since last november, and he gets it. he said in his application, and i quote "he can only walk between 20 and 50 metres, can't walk on uneven ground, suffers pain when walking long distances and needs to sit down every 20 minutes."

to compare what i said for similar: i can only walk less than 10m before i have to rest. slopes and uneven ground and stairs are an obstacle and i cry inside when i have to trek them. i'm always in pain - literally always, otherwise, yknow, i wouldn't be on medication for being in pain. i need to sit down every five to ten minutes.

i'm not trying to say "oh i have it worse!!! why won't they give me my money!!!!!" it's the fact this man climbed africa's tallest mountain, did three triathlons and took part in the world powerboat championships. all while being in """excrutiating pain"""!!!!!!!

i can't do HECK. i get tired going up the stairs. i can't exercise much because it hurts. but i guess i was faking all along!!!!!! i guess it's all in my head!!!!!!!!! i must just be lazy!!!!!!!!!!! i flunked uni three times and can't get a job why don't i fake an illness that i've had for 9 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why don't i take medication that i don't need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate benefits cheats so much : ))))))))

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3257 on: July 22, 2017, 21:31 »
Went for a routine eye test only to find that my retina is starting to detach 🙃

Never noticed any of the symptoms cause it's in my right eye which my brain ignores 99% of the time so. I thought he was just being very thorough with it but he looked with the little lamp thing and was like 'are you sure you're not seeing floaters?' and then proceeded to look again and was like 'yeah I'm going to have to phone the hospital.' Thankfully if it was bad I would have probably got seen to yesterday but I've to wait until next week for a letter. Means another operation though most likely :(

Was most likely due to my high shortsightedness in both eyes (-10 and -12) - so if any of you guys have terrible eyes like mine then get them checked regularly or see your dr/optician if you notice anything changing!!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 23, 2017, 01:07 »
Went for a routine eye test only to find that my retina is starting to detach 🙃

Never noticed any of the symptoms cause it's in my right eye which my brain ignores 99% of the time so. I thought he was just being very thorough with it but he looked with the little lamp thing and was like 'are you sure you're not seeing floaters?' and then proceeded to look again and was like 'yeah I'm going to have to phone the hospital.' Thankfully if it was bad I would have probably got seen to yesterday but I've to wait until next week for a letter. Means another operation though most likely :(

Was most likely due to my high shortsightedness in both eyes (-10 and -12) - so if any of you guys have terrible eyes like mine then get them checked regularly or see your dr/optician if you notice anything changing!!

I was wondering how your brain ignores an eye? That is a very odd thing to read about.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3259 on: July 23, 2017, 08:18 »
I was wondering how your brain ignores an eye? That is a very odd thing to read about.

When I was younger I had a squint eye, so to prevent double vision my brain tried to block any signals coming from the squint eye - making it become 'lazy.' So I essentially use one eye to see with. I can see with my lazy eye but I'm not consciously aware of it. I have peripheral vision with it but if I was to close/cover my other eye then I would be more aware of it. It's a little weird to explain I guess but hope that clears it up a little!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3260 on: July 23, 2017, 13:36 »
i know inferna has already said stuff about her own eye, my brain does the same. It just ignores information from the crap eye, unless you close your good eye/something is blocking it. the way they fix lazy eye (or how they used to, not sure if they do it anymore) is to put a patch over your good eye, so your brain HAS to get used to using the other eye alone. I hated using patches :(

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 24, 2017, 01:08 »
So this friend of mine is really really talkative in person and he's probably my favourite person to be around but I'm getting really paranoid that it's all a facade because I always seem to be the one to start conversations over text and arrange to meet and idk if I'm overthinking things? He's always like such a nice person so I'm sort of like is he too nice to be like stop talking to me lmao or is it just that he doesn't message unless there's an actual reason idk.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 24, 2017, 11:04 »
i thought i could eat a whole block of emmental

i was wrong

thanks gl <3

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 24, 2017, 17:07 »
The American Courts system has failed again.

My mom went back to court to see if we got the protection order against our neighbor because he threatened to kill us. Not only did he not get jail time, but he magically got 2 letters from two of our other neighbors saying we were the problem and the ones causing trouble in the neighborhood. Both were obviously false but the courts didn't care. To top it off, he played the victim and got off with just a no contact order.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 24, 2017, 21:43 »
So PoGo decide to tell me my device / OS / software is incompatible even tho I've been playing all day, so I need to update but my phone is rooted so now I need to unroot it to update and this is a lot of effort omg.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 24, 2017, 21:44 »
The American Courts system has failed again.

My mom went back to court to see if we got the protection order against our neighbor because he threatened to kill us. Not only did he not get jail time, but he magically got 2 letters from two of our other neighbors saying we were the problem and the ones causing trouble in the neighborhood. Both were obviously false but the courts didn't care. To top it off, he played the victim and got off with just a no contact order.

Yeah. I hate people who try and act like they're the victims when in reality they are the instigators. This is why I hate and refuse to support the self-martyr mothers of autistic kids that hurt their child and manages to get the media to believe they are the victims. Seriously, if taking care of your own child is soooooo bad you can always get someone to help you. There are agencies that are set up to help parents and some even are paid for by the government.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 24, 2017, 22:36 »
I hate that I have to wait a week for the next GoT episode

Whyyyy

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06 »
 WhatsApp and Snapchat are still down for me and it's annoying having to text my friends because I used the apps because things feel more chilled whilst talking on them. It's also really inconvenient when a lot of my friends don't use Messenger. Like, I hatched a Pichu on Sunday and I tried sending a pic of it to my mate because it's wearing a hat but WhatsApp isn't up.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08 »
 Trains are not fun
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: July 27, 2017, 13:39 »
I got yelled at because I was talking to a friend of mine when we were cleaning one of the snack booths at the stadium today and the topic of practice came up. My sister rarely practices, and so I said that. He went back to her squad leader and she got upset, so I got in trouble. She didn't because she barely practices, but I did because I was simply stating a fact. From now on, i'll just lie my way through everything since it's apparently bad to be honest.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN