Author Topic: 6th Gen Anime Predictions  (Read 10981 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 6th Gen Anime Predictions
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 19:41 »
Oh, and our new Eeveelution too....

Damn, I heard about the news but didn't bother to check it out as I'm unusually following the dub. ^ That made me look though, too bad there are no hints of it's type (Damn!) but I liked the very end, looks like it was inspired by the Pokemon-gl site with the Pokeballs flying around.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 21:30 »
Damn, I heard about the news but didn't bother to check it out as I'm unusually following the dub. ^ That made me look though, too bad there are no hints of it's type (Damn!) but I liked the very end, looks like it was inspired by the Pokemon-gl site with the Pokeballs flying around.

Yeah, I looked this morning (well 3pm when I got up) and it gave no hints away. It was still pretty cool to watch.

What do you guys think they'll do with the starters this time? Will Ash catch all of them or be spread out like in Hoenn and D/P
Slowly an old member..

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 01:39 »
Again, depends on what Ash's new BFFs are. If its the female trainer of X and Y, then I'm sure she'll have one of the starters, being a beginner trainer herself like May and Dawn before her. Cilan could end up with the grass starter if he sticks around, don't see Brock getting a starter if he comes back, considering he rarely gets any new Pokemon, and if its a new guy, then depends on his backstory/likes/dislikes/whatever.

Just as long as Ash's Pokemon get more development this time, as his Unova Pokemon barely got any...

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Mr. Apple

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 02:55 »
I hope cilan isnt there.... he was just weird :P

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 12:25 »
If Cilan leaves, I will automatically hate whoever replaces him, like when Misty left and I found May insufferable for most of the Hoenn series.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32 »
If Cilan leaves, I will automatically hate whoever replaces him, like when Misty left and I found May insufferable for most of the Hoenn series.

Even if Brock came back?

What's it you like about Cilan? I don't connect with him really..
Slowly an old member..

Mr. Apple

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:33 »
If its back to misty brock and ash ill watch it

i just can't stand cilan and iris

sappy sniped me T_T

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 13:21 »
Even if Brock came back?

What's it you like about Cilan? I don't connect with him really..

Brock was boring. And did nothing, ever. Cilan started off as a competent battler, at least, entering tournaments and even beating Ash's rival before he did himself. I just found him interesting as a personality more than anything. He's a little whimsical, his quirks are more interesting and less overdone than Brock's, and he has genuine flaws that make him even more interesting, whereas Brock had no flaws at all to give depth to his character.

Cilan was handled really badly during the series, which is why I don't want him to leave yet. He's been neglected for a lot of battles and captures in favour of Iris, his progression as a Pokémon Connoisseur has been nonexistent, there was very little resolution involved between him and Burgundy because they battled once, and he has lacked significant focus episodes that Iris seems to be drowning in for no reason. And he's still far more interesting than Brock and Iris. I'm more than happy to see Iris leave, but Cilan has been shafted so much that I feel like him leaving would be making the writer's handling of Cilan even worse.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 18:47 »
You know, with all these 1st Gen throwbacks, I recently thought wouldnt it be great if the X and Y opening theme was a new version of Aim to be a Pokemon? :3 If they continue the throwbacks into the next season of course, but I think that would be pretty neat. :3

Oh, and the X and Y series is confirmed for October in Japan, so maybe hopefully we'll start getting some info/teasers soon. :)

Offline precita

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25 »

LOL, you thought May was insufferable? She was probably the most popular female lead in the anime for a long time, and she totally made up for how boring, stale and useless Misty was in the Johto arc. Pretty much the whole reason the writers decided to abandon Misty's character was because of how popular May and the Contests were.

As for Misty and Brock, I definitely don't see them returning. As mentioned, Misty was fairly disliked over the course of the Johto arc 10 years ago. People may not remember this anymore, but she was poorly received over that entire arc and that's why everyone knew right from the beginning of Hoenn that she wasn't going to return. The only reason the dislike towards Misty died down in the fandom is because she's now been gone for so long it doesn't really matter anymore. Likewise Brock got really boring in DP, so 'nuff said.

It was actually the mistake of using Misty/Brock as leads that made people hate the Johto arc, which is why the writers pretty much gave up on them after that point. Misty was dropped permanently, and even though Brock stayed, he was largely treated like a background character.

So I suspect new characters like Iris and Cilan.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 14:07 »
Cilan will probably be replaced by Shauna from X/Y I'd imagine, she's basically May 2.0 by the looks of things. Apparently the reason Ash is normally paired with a young girl is because Ken Sugimori really enjoys drawing them, especially in swimsuits. Take that as you will.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 13:29 »
Its official, the series will be called Pokemon XY, and will star a certain never aging boy and his fellow mouse friend as he continues his never ending quest to be a Pokemon Master.

Ah well, the red cap looks nice.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 12:39 »
May (in both the game and Anime) and Max were the only main characters in Pokémon to actually have a mom AND dad that are shown on screen. Think about it. Brock's dad had a second wife which really wasn't his mom, Misty's family that were shown are her sisters, Delia is single as well as Johanna, we never see Iris' family or even heard about them, and Cilian only has his brothers. What's with the absence of a dad in both the game AND Anime?!!!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 18:57 »
Didnt 4Kids bugger up Brock's mom by saying she was dead when she wasnt in the Japanese version of episode 5, only for her to reappear later on? ;P

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 20:15 »
I thought the same thing but Lola is his STEP-mom.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!