Author Topic: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!  (Read 7449 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!
« on: June 11, 2013, 15:08 »
A teaser for Pokemon X/Y has just been shown on the Nintendo E3 conference - a new type was announced:

FAIRY TYPE.

Fairy Pokemon include Sylveon, Jigglypuff, Marril and Gardevoir!

There is also a new Nintendogs-esque bonding mechanic where you can pet your Pokemon and feed them snacks!

A new Pokemon was revealed, it looks like some kind of bat thing???

EDIT: Here's the updated info:

The new type is Fairy type, it is strong against Dragon type.

The new nintendogs-esque feature is called Pokemon-Aime

There are 2 new Pokemon revealed, a steel butterfly with pink wings called Vivillon and a Braviary/Bat looking Pokemon with huge speaker-like ears called Noviern that uses a move called Boomburst.

I didn't get the names of the new moves, I'll try looking them up

The move names were:

Fairy Wind
Moon Blast
Boomburst

Here's an ENGLISH video of the teaser on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmywDbnC5oc.

You can even use the 3DS front mounted cameras to copy the expressions of your Pokemon to make them happy. Holy crap that might be the cutest thing I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 15:34 by Turner »

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: FAIRY TYPE CONFIRMED & New Info!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 15:37 »
Moon burst is a fairy move yet CleFAIRY wasn't listed as a fairy type? Bizarre, I'm guessing they just picked a few that weren't obvious as examples.

MARILL OWNS YOUR GARCHOMP, SUCK ON THAT.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 15:52 »
Info straight from the official site:

Fairy Type

When the very first Pokémon games launched, there were 15 Pokémon types. Then Dark and Steel types made their debut with the arrival of Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version.

Now, more than 10 years later, a new chapter in Pokémon battling history is about to unfold with the Fairy type! You've already met the first Fairy-type Pokémon...Sylveon!

There are also Pokémon from previous Pokémon games that will be reclassified as Fairy-type Pokémon. They may look the same, but the strategies you'll choose and the way you use these Pokémon in battle will be unlike ever before!

Gardevoir: Psychic/Fairy
Marrill: Water/Fairy
Jigglypuff: Normal/Fairy

How Fairy-type Pokémon and moves will fit into the battle landscape has yet to be fully revealed. But it is known that Fairy-type moves are super effective against Dragon-type Pokémon! Until Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Dragon-type Pokémon had only two weaknesses: Ice-type moves and Dragon-type moves. The new Fairy type changes the balance in a big way!

New Pokemon

Noivern is extremely combative toward anything that wanders too close to it. It flies through even the darkest nights using ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears. This Pokémon loves fruit, and feeding it fruit will keep it calm.

Type:   Flying/Dragon
Height:    4' 11"
Weight:    187.4 lbs.

The waves Noivern emits from its ears are strong enough to reduce large boulders to rubble. Hit all other Pokémon in battle, including allies, with Noivern's Boomburst move, a new and powerful attack!

The Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon uses its wings to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings.

Type:    Bug/Flying
Height:    3' 11"
Weight:    37.5 lbs.

Vivillon can use its wings to blow up a strong wind to attack. Attack with Vivillon's Struggle Bug move, which will lower its targets' Special Attack. It's useful for long battles!

Pokémon-Amie

Show your Pokémon some love with the new Pokémon-Amie feature! Play with your Pokémon, give them treats, and even scratch and pet them using the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system's Touch Screen.

You can use Pokémon-Amie at any time to play with the Pokémon that are in your team. You'll need to play with them over and over to learn their preferred way of being cared for. Treat them well to make them feel loved. Treat them badly, and they may show their displeasure!

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!

• Pet Pikachu in just the right way to make it happy!
  • The Pokémon may attempt to mimic your movements.
  • Tilt your head to see the Pokémon react!
  • If you get a bad reaction, you may want to change your approach!
  • There are many ways to interact with your Pokémon—you can even give them a high five!
  • Pokémon you've played with may turn to you in battle and wait for your orders.
  • How will Pokémon-Amie affect your Pokémon's performance?
  • Even fierce-looking Pokémon will loosen up a bit with the right treatment!
  • Large Pokémon take up both screens of your Nintendo 3DS system.

I've also compiled some screenshots from the trailer, not great quality but you get the idea. Click to enlarge

A Few things I've noticed:

-Protagonist is called Xavier
-The Eiffel Tower thing is a gym (There's a gym logo on the front entrance)
-You can now 'step' on Pokemon (I think this will just be a way of encountering non-long grass Pokemon)
-This game is so good I am sobbing
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 16:13 by Turner »

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 16:20 »

You can even use the 3DS front mounted cameras to copy the expressions of your Pokemon to make them happy. Holy crap that might be the cutest thing I've ever heard.
I so hope this means you'll have to copy the Persian in your sig gif. XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Alpha Fenrir

• The Dark Side of the Sun
  • Rob Fan
  • Anybody got some spare enthusiasm?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 17:09 »
^Seconded.

Fairy super effective against dragon... I can see why, and hell knows that we needed another one that was strong against dragon, plus it had to be appealing in some way...

It still makes me hate fairy type. 
All my dragons, my poor dragons, are going to be bested by WIGGLYTUFF'S?! The humiliation of it!
I wish 'Moonburst' was a dark type move, it was pretty (until I realised it was fairy).

Vivillion can go curl back into it's cocoon.
Noivern, although I rather like it, has an appalling typing. 4x weakness to ice, 2x weakness to fairy, rock, dragon... we have too many flying/dragons already.

Finally, the text on the Helioptile encounter,"The Helioptile you stepped on attacked!", made me laugh my head off. I always thought there ought to be more to the Pokemon appearing.
Curse my memory... Formerly Avalanche Absol 137

...Something tells me no one will care about who I used to be. Or who I am now for that matter.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 17:58 »
oh man that new bat is so cute im gonna die

also fairy is a cute type aaah

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 18:47 »
On non-english official sites, Vivillon is revealed to be an evolved form of an unseen Pokemon called 'Spewpa'. (Spew + Pupa?).

Apparently -rumour rumour- the 90 minute roundtable at 2am tonight will focus on NEW info, not just what we've learned today. So I might create a new thread for it and just keep updating it, so keep hammering F5. I'll post a link to the stream too. I urge everyone to have food and drink at the ready.

I'm so happy, not only is Fairy type announced (I speculated this MONTHS ago before any leaks), Azumarril - one of my favorite Pokemon is going to basically destroy everything.

Speculation: I honestly think Vivillon is going to have something to do with the 3DS's QR code reader feature. Like maybe the ability to change it's wing patterns or something. Something about the 'hidden secret' of its wings and it's QR-Code looking face just made me put two and two together. I might be way off though.

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 18:53 »
Turner? You're NOT going into crazy happiness about this particular comment?

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!

That was the interesting thing I noted. It's looking like friendship might play a bigger in-battle role after all. It should be interesting, but I do have to admit, that little segment of the trailer had me smiling my face off. Who's a cootchie little Lucario? Yes, yes you are~

That, and OH MY GOD DRAGON SLAYERS. I am SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS... Though I think Light type would have been a better name than Fairy. Yes, I know Fighting was supposed to be the counterbalance to Dark, but hey - other things have been changed cross-translation, and a lot of people are rolling their eyes at the 'fairy' name. Maybe 'Fey' would have been a better word, since I do think I get what they're trying to get at. But then again, that's not so kid-friendly, so... There we go. XD

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 19:01 »
WHOOPS I should add the Roundtable isn't streaming but details will be posted on various games websites live as they are announced. I'll update with that instead.

And YES I'm happy but it will probably just be a means of increasing EVs rather than a new mechanic. It's very cool though.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 19:05 »
I don't know, I think it could be more than that... Check out captions below the pictures:

Pokémon you've played with may turn to you in battle and wait for your orders.
How will Pokémon-Amie affect your Pokémon's performance?

Maybe it's just because I'm so aware of competitive battling, but I wonder if it could be something a little more than just EV mechanics. But then again don't count me on that.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 20:42 »
I don't know, I think it could be more than that... Check out captions below the pictures:

Maybe it's just because I'm so aware of competitive battling, but I wonder if it could be something a little more than just EV mechanics. But then again don't count me on that.

Well my main tip-off was that on a reasonably well known leak from another website (That has so far predicted Fairy type, it's strength against dragon, Helioptile, Pancham and Fletchling's english names) it claimed there would be a new minigame to raise EVs so I'm wondering if this is the same thing.

Although it would seem weird that EVs which have previously canonically been referred to as 'effort' in game would suddenly be built up by feeding your Pokemon snacks and patting them...that'd be quite funny actually.

Draghost999

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 21:33 »
Thank you for reporting this, Turner. I'm never picking up Diamond and Emerald ever again. :nowink: ::)

Noviern, is it? It looks Druddigonal, Swoobatic, Crobatic, and Aerodactylian. Creative? I don't really know.

Vivillon looks much better. Out of the butterfly Pokemon, this will be the flashiest. It has geometric shapes incorporated on its wings, which are very pretty. The eyes don't bother me unless I'm looking at the portrait before the screenshots.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 21:57 »
It's not time for the roundtable yet and due to the site rules I can't give you pictures/links but...

A new trailer is being shown around E3, it revealed:

A Seahorse Pokemon that uses a poison attack
A crustacean Pokemon that uses a water attack
A red/grey bird of prey that looks like Fletchling's final form

The bird of prey engages in a sky battle with a Haunter which looks to be some new kind of battling

A Froakie is seen taking on a whole team of Houndour

A new female character is introduced and speaks German (despite the trailer apparently being in English), she mentions something about a sky battle.

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 23:06 »
Oh, hello. I am liking that bird.

I'm not sure it looks like a FINAL form though... It could be, but I'd guess it's a mid-stage.

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 23:58 »
A new type of battle, woo, I'm sure it'll be as popular as triple and rotation are. I love Noivern though, badass batdragonthing.