Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67931 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

MRxo

Nostalgia Thread
« on: March 09, 2013, 23:13 »
After discussion in the sad topic, let's use this topic for everyone to talk about the memories they have, the injokes, the people, etc.; which stay with you here.

(Can be anything within site rules and doesn't have to be substantial moments so we avoid an exact replica of the History Project)

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 23:14 »
injokes injokes everywhere
i do remember one time in irc chat i did
* Shaymin falls off of chiar
ssoooooooooo chiar kind of stuck
i was good at typos typos are my thing. i am queen of typos
i remember the chat topic thread for hilariousness
and oh you have two bidoofs
and the massive hype over metagame spriters. and when the rp board had good rps and lots of active posters
sobs why
why did i come into this topic i have the sad

MRxo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 23:17 »
Those Metagame Spriters moments were mental! I remember the massive rush towards the end when everyone pulled together; that was so awesome.

(Woo 45 posts; s/o to Balotelli)

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 23:21 »
Those Metagame Spriters moments were mental! I remember the massive rush towards the end when everyone pulled together; that was so awesome.

(Woo 45 posts; s/o to Balotelli)
i still have pride in the fact i made the last sprite before we moved on to unova
even though it was kinda crappy lookin
i like going through them all and going "helped with that, mine, mine, helped, mine, mine, coloured that, mine, mine, also mine" because of reasons

MRxo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 23:24 »
Haha everyone involved should take pride in their work! It was a momentus coming together =]

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 23:28 »
I hope we can finish 5th gen, it's such an accomplishment even to have done 4!
That made me love spriting, I remember my first was a pidgey :')

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 23:31 »
i think i made 40+ sprites for metagame/helped with loads more
can't see them all because they don't have alternate sprites up but still i remember
............i said i'd go to bed like 30 minutes ago why am i still up damnit

OH OH I REMEMBER i got watched once that was awesome

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 23:32 »
Metagame spriters <3 I never really contributed to that as much as I wish I had, but I will always be happy with the Gorebyss I made for that.

MRxo

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 23:33 »
I remember my first 'attempt' was the worst sprite ever created (y)

I miss all those little sprite shops everyone had, they were so neat

We need to get all kinds of talk in here... Hmm.

I don't think it's a good idea going into the trouble I've been into. Woops!

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 23:40 »

I don't think it's a good idea going into the trouble I've been into. Woops!
aka the 34527546574 profiles you've had

MRxo

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 00:01 »
I've only had 7! ... :/
My second one is the only one that counts though as that's when pretty much all of the good stuff happened =P

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 00:02 »
omg with the metagame sprites

I was looking through the sprites that we had a while ago and I'm really happy with how I've improved thanks to that <3 It's like a timeline kind of thing; you can definitely tell which ones I'd made when I first started and which ones I'd made towards the end! Well, maybe others might not think that it was such a big difference but I definitely think there was one! That Altaria that I made... And that offline strop as well when Liam did Cresselia xD

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20 »
there was an rp called You Are Special with suicune rider i loved so much even though my oc was just a rip off of a south park/pokemon crossover haha jesus

there was #sherrin and #ayla which were also awful haha jesus remember when i was friends with those people. im still friends with sherrin (jack now!) and hes come a very long way in both art and personality. its so strange weve both been friends (well in a way) for 5 years now. also that we were so awful back then.

remember people would go mad for sprites like these ugly things. goddamn. i was such hot poop back then apparently.

i was always so unnecessarily rude to everyone and i think i should say now that im very sorry for my 14 year old self both to admins and members alike. im still an immature tool, i just stopped being such a keyboard samurai haha.

#ayla though. so filled with stupid drama and memes. looking back i realise i hated every second of it but i guess it made me friends like fyrus so thats something.

also tandaras. haha.

i wish irc was more active again i miss it so much. there was a time around 2011 when we had #homestuck (holla @ bluffy + aidan + ben) i loved it so much but i just drifted away like i always do.

oh man, what was the last chan we migrated to? like #ABY or something. it was BYs chan i know that but it had some dumb name and it died out completely.

also #ckk holla

then i deleted my account bc webbz was mod jc im such a petty little moron
rip pikakitty u were a piece of trash :)))))))

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55 »
Yas I remember that, I think I joined right at the end and the. There was a reboot but 'you must be a GOOD rper to join this!!!!!'
I remember when that arceus person (alexi or something?) trolled the rp boards and we decided to spam a thread so all our replies would be at the bottom :') also the immortal thing that was Thauxan 900 pages what
I joined Liam's spriting academy when I was 13 nearly 14 and was the biggest suck up ever omg. I remember asking Webby why my posts hadn't gone up and he said that I don't post anywhere else except sfa so I decided to post else where.
Irc tho <3 BOB AND QUOOT 4 LYFE xxx
I remember there used to be quizzes on a Sunday or something in one of the channels. If you wanted less serious (not always though!) discussion you'd stick  to #sp if not youd go to #pkmn.net. I remember all the irc people like Dave (not Daedalus) he told me where he lived in Sheffield it's like omg why, Tom.
now I'm just going to reel off a list of names that I remember being in #sp: Luckcia, Bonnie, Kuranai, Lovisa, Firekitten and Liam. Not forgetting the regulars like Loz, JSM, SR, Mizz, Tomdra, John and Webbz.

I remember after the whole mod drama thing I was at green day the night before and I logged on and was just like o__o I never posted in the thread but just felt so sad everyone had left and avoided the site for about a month just because of the awkwardness.

I posted whenever and eventually left in 2011 just because I got bored and rejoined about a month later.

Also this site has helped me so much with my art and stuff <3 ngl if people didn't request back in my shops I doubt I would ever continued also the nice advice from everyone <3 I remember all the cool arty people on here like Jess, frez, Nessu and dragonair girl? Idk she was friends with Webby/Dana and she made a comic ahh what was her name.

MRxo

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 10:11 »
^ Dragonair Soul or something I think it was :o

I remember Thauxan haha wow

The quizzes were fun!

John, do you remember #bat I think it was? I remember chilling in there for a bit and it was only usually me, BY and Chandler lol