Author Topic: Adam Winters  (Read 1241 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OranBerrySandvich

Adam Winters
« on: July 26, 2011, 23:52 »
Name
Adam Jonathan Winters

Description
Winters is considered at a fairly average height for his age, if a little shorter, as he stands at around 5' 6". His build leans more to the athletic type than powerful, with an overall healthy muscle tone. Don't mistake this for strength, however. Adam has a head of chestnut brown hair, usually combed into some sort of moptop. He cuts it just short of one, however, leaving it to only just reach his eyelids. His eyes themselves are a sea green in colour, more often than not half shut. It's usually not down to tiredness, fatigue, boredom or anything like that, it's just how he was born. Adam's mouth will most likely be in one of three states: A weak smile, a disapproving frown, or agape with sheer shock and/or confusion. There is a blemish on his face, however, and a rather noticeable on at that. It happens to be a scar from a knife, running from the right edge of his forehead, down to the edge of the middle of the the bridge of his nose. Amazingly, even though it runs right across his right eye, Adam retains vision in it.

His attire is fairly simple, and he hopes, practical. His top is a baggy-ish t-shirt, a forest camouflage pattern
being the design upon it. He dons a pair of thin fingerless gloves, made up of black leather. He wears a pair of navy blue denim jeans on his legs, with black socks and dark grey Velcro trainers being his footwear of choice. When outdoors, he will often don a crimson bandanna around his head, as opposed to the ones worn "on" a person's head. It's barely visible beneath his moptop, however. The bandanna was previously his father's, but was inherited upon his death.

Personality
Adam tends to try to understand the world around him, often silently pondering the mysteries of science and nature. While he doesn't always have the patience or attention span required for such deep thought, he'll feel a sense of mild satisfaction, should he come to a plausible conclusion, or remember what he'd been told the plausible explanation was. Unfortunately, due to his endeavours to understand the world around him, he often falls foul when attempting to understand the people around him. This often leads to unintentional arguments, both verbal and physical. Adam copes with verbal well enough - his time spent thinking has enabled him to grasp most situations quickly, assess them, and come up with a cutting remark. Physical battles are usually ended when Winters scarpers, putting his athletic build to good use. It isn't that he's cowardly, it's that he judges his fighting capabilities to be far inferior to that of most others. Should a disagreement turn to an awkward moment, as opposed to an argument, Adam nearly always judges the best course of action to be to turn and walk away silently, and hope to forget the entire incident. In the unlikely event of him forming an alliance, let alone a friendship, Adam will come across as a reserved individual, with a dry - satirical, or even harsh, at times - sense of humour. Despite his flaws, however, Adam will usually be the first to subtly hint at another's, usually costing hims afore mentioned friends or allies.

History
Winters was born into a family that was going through a relatively hard time, as his mother was too busy caring for him and his sister - aged five - while his father was always off in the army, fighting or doing various tasks usually assigned to someone in the army. Nevertheless, the family were a happy and close-knit one, laughing off what happened to them. This ceased almost instantaneously, however, five years later. The Winters family received the devastating news of Benjamin Winters' (the father's) death. He had apparently been killed in action, a sniper bullet through the heart being the cause of death. The news broke the family, Annabel Winters (the mother) seeming the most affected. She would often shut herself away for days on end, refusing to come out. On one of the rare occasions she did, she lashed out with a meat cleaver for no reason, causing Adam's scar, at the age of nine. During the four years spanning from Benjamin's death to the siblings being taken into care, Kate Winters (the sister) was more of a mother to Adam. This changed when Kate left to go on her own pokemon journey, providing Adam with the motivation to go on one of his own, at the age of fifteen.

Friends/Enemies
(F)Michael Edwards
(F)Ryan Rosstone
(F)Joshua Rose

Pokemon
Totodile/Snappy
Male
Level 5
Scratch/Leer/Metal Claw/Ice Punch

Snappy is, by definition, your standard Totodile. Hyperactive, curious, energetic, and almost always on the verge of being overly happy, he is one of the few things that can bring a weak smile to Adam's face. The two were inseparable since they first started playing together, when a mysterious egg Kate had won at a fair and given to Adam as a birthday present, hatched. While Adam sat and thought, Snappy would often clamp his jaws around something else that would prompt further pondering. This doesn't particularly work, however, when Snappy clamps his jaws on a person, or an irate pokemon.

Tepig
Level 5
Male
Tackle/Tail Whip

Tepig has no particularly special past, being one of Juniper's typical starters. Tepig has a fairly inquisitive nature, prompting him to constantly poke around, though to a more reserved degree than Snappy. His battling attitude is an eager one, and he displays it. However, his intimidation displays usually fall flat on their faces, and end up making him look adorable - in a sense. In a nutshell, a jovial pokemon all-round, but prone to messing up here and there.

Key Items
His Father's Bandanna: While not of much monetary value, it holds great personal value for Adam, as it was his (now deceased) father's.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 16:02 by The Revengineer »

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Winters
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08 »
((I've waited LONG EOUGH for Mark Smith to be terminated officially... Now I can get this guy up and running.))

I removed this part because it's just a patronising message that serves no purpose at all. You don't have to have a different character for every story and as far as I am aware you don't have to wait for me or PTX to confirm your character's termination. Just lock it and be done with it.

As far as the application is concerned, it is a good one. Only a couple of mistakes in terms of typos and stray letters here and there. I'd have a quick comb through with the spell check and after you've done that I will approve you. :)

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 14:07 »
Ah. I must've misread the FAQ. My apologies.

That should be all the errors corrected. Moptop didn't show up on the checker, so I'm assuming it's all one word. Is it?

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 14:36 »
I believe that it's two separate words, but I'm not 100% to be honest. P:

Whatever the spelling, you're approved and all you have to do now is wait for PTX. You've got PLC access already so you don't have to mess about with that stuff. =]

EDIT: Since it has been more than 2 days I'm just going to move you into the approved board so you can start PLCing with Adam now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:19 by Liam »

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 19:59 »
Update
  • Tepig has been recieved
  • Pokedex has been recieved
  • Met Joshua Rose, Ryan Rosstone, and Michael Edwards
  • Arrived at a practice arena, Juniper's lab, Nuvema, Unova

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 01:53 »