Author Topic: Ridiculous prices of today  (Read 4858 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Re: Ridiculous prices of today
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 21:29 »
i hate the subtle shrinkage of chocolate bars.
I guess they did it because cocoa beans are really expensive now (that's what I was told)
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 22:24 »
chiming in w the 'everything used to be 5p' brigade... id get £1 and buy enough sugar to last me a week of tuck and then some but nowadays my broke ass is like £1 can get me 2 bags of space raiders maybe. or maybe just one! i dont know! they raise the price every goddamn day ill be at the corner shop looking at them, look down at my phone at a text i just got, then look back up and the price has changed as they slowly build a cute little indie chic cafe around me at an alarming rate in an attempt to make my scheme more welcoming. AAAAAH!!!!!

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 23:30 »
Used to love going to the wee shop in my scheme for like a 20p mixture where you'd actually get 20 sweets. It's closed now but if ever I feel like getting a mixture from the paper shop or w/e it's like 50p and you get like 4 massive sweets, just not the same :(

Notice it at work a lot, esp when I did reductions and have had each price memorised and then they'd make it a weird number like 73p like????

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2016, 12:43 »
literally everything seems so expensive now, even shipping seems to have gone up recently, like I've ordered some t-shirts from America and the one I ended up paying more on shipping than the actual t-shirt. Or maybe I didn't even realise how expensive it was, I don't know any more haha

italy isn't REALLY expensive, i don't know what the tax situation is like. from the guys ive been talking to, they say it really comes out of your paycheck... i went to the netherlands though and WOW everthing was so expensive! 6 euro for a pint of ben and jerry's??? what??? 2 euro for a bottle of water??? what????

where did you go in Italy? Rome was quite expensive when I went but that's due to it being a big city, I presume if you went Amsterdam in the Netherlands it'd be the same kind of thing

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 10:52 »
The price of train tickets from my town to the city go up by about 10 or 20p every few months then stall then keep going up.

When I first moved back to the Black Country it was £1.40 to go to Birmingham on the bus. It's now £2.20 after five years.

Train tickets have remained the same, oddly.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 17:56 »
If you poke around online before you make an online purchase, you can usually find some very good coupons. It just takes a bit of digging.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 23:15 »
kerou, i live in florence right now. it's not all super cheap (spain was considerably cheaper) but i'd say the prices are very similar to what i pay at home in new hampshire.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 23:21 »
There was a Nidorina plush i wanted that cost about £20, luckily, I found one for about £12!  v_v

So sometimes it's a good idea to look around before you buy something!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 23:23 by The name master »

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 02:13 »
Ohhh the joys of inflation. Simple fact is that the purchasing power of our currencies has gone down, so while it feels like we have more money, in reality we don't. I could get into the economic reasoning behind it but that's long and it's too late in the day for that.

Train tickets have remained the same, oddly.

Train tickets are always extortionately expensive for what you get anyway. But it depends where you go. It seems that anywhere through London jacks up the price, but I can get from Portsmouth to Gatwick Airport, off peak single, for £8.50.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 11:29 »
damn dude what is this feeling of having more money you speak of? technically speaking some random dude begging for change on the street is fiscally richer than me ahaha

train prices are crazy, i've just been bussing everywhere as a result. it cost me 70 euro to take a train from florence to rome which just blew my mind. the train didn't even have free wifi and most buses that travel far have wifi...

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 13:57 »
But it depends where you go. It seems that anywhere through London jacks up the price, but I can get from Portsmouth to Gatwick Airport, off peak single, for £8.50.

Walsall to Birmingham New Street is £4.10 on peak I think, but Spalding to Peterborough which is about the same journey will cost you at least ten. But I guess it's down to demand/frequency as opposed to distance.
[Three Word Rule]

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 16:29 »
Walsall to Birmingham New Street is £4.10 on peak I think, but Spalding to Peterborough which is about the same journey will cost you at least ten. But I guess it's down to demand/frequency as opposed to distance.

That seems to make sense, I mean the trains I have to get are often nearly empty. I still think we're being ripped off with train tickets though but what can you do.
hahahahahahaha

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 18:09 »
damn dude what is this feeling of having more money you speak of? technically speaking some random dude begging for change on the street is fiscally richer than me ahaha

no matter how much money you dont have, chances are you are technically richer than kanye west rn atm so thats something at least.
           

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 22:06 »
I've heard of this, but I'm not quite sure exactly what it is. What is tax?

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2016, 08:35 »
Tax is just something the government likes to use to screw you over #politics.

There's different forms of it. We have Value Added Tax (VAT) which is essentially a 20% markup (was 17.5% but I think it's going down again) on items. So if an item costs £20 it actually costs £16.67 but the extra £3.33 goes to the government.

Then there's income tax (Pay As You Earn or PAYE) which is what the government takes off your pay every month. The starting rate is 20% after £10,400 a year.

National insurance contributions. Another type of income tax is national insurance contributions, which are based on a similar principle of taking a certain percentage of income.

Excise duties on alcohol, tobacco

Corporation tax – tax on company profit (the worst of them all as if you're even a penny above or under with the accounts they send a man round)

The RIDICULOUS tax on fuel. Petrol should cost about 80p a litre but the government has put a stupid amount of fuel duty on. We're at 105.9p a litre in the Black Country.
[Three Word Rule]