Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 404494 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: first world problems
« Reply #2940 on: April 07, 2017, 21:03 »
yah its Autism Spectrum Disorder, soz that i DSM-V it up at times ahahaha. you'd think they'd pick it up at school but as usual unless you go to a school that has its act together (becoming less and less these days now that they're sucking all the money out of schools too) you really have to either Act Out or Be Lucky and thats if you dont get suspended/expelled for bad behaviour or get one arsehole psych/doc who keeps vetoing an assessment for dumb reasons. or when the "casual individual autism test thing" rolls around they will do it in the class cos they dont want fail rates and you will be like me, overhear the other kids having it from the other end of the room and know the 'correct' neurotypical answers to give lmao

Spoiler: small diatribe about why its a bit hit n miss • show
its hellishly hit and miss it seems (much like gender services seem to be across the uk, sigh, like most things that arent erectile dysfunction and fat men treatments)

im still learning myself so pinch of salt ofc, but staunch and old fashioned psychs and the ~~~~""""""official"""""~~~~ guidelines will have you believe that if they dont pick up on it by age 3 then you're neurotypical as all hell and if you present as autistic later on then you're just "acting up". a bunch of Assessment stuff is around "childhood milestones" (certain developmental things as ur growing up) but kinda misses the plot on the more subtle adolescent ones.

additionally mimicry is an autism skill that some pick up as a coping skill and you mimic enough social skills to kinda "pass" as a neurotypical for so long and can maybe hold your own in like, a quick casual conversation in a shop, but anything other than that socially at work or in a social life is a nightmare. so you end up with this weird Hidden Autism which dont get picked up on as quick.     

in the USA all kids are tested for autism by default whereas in the uk its up to the parents themselves to "raise the alarm" so to speak. theres no real automatic test. so if your parents dont even know what ASD is or maybe if they want to pretend it doesn't exist and they want a "Normal" kid instead (dont look into the Defeat Autism Now! protocol or ABA or anything like that for the love of god) ..........you can see what im gettin at here. its rly easy for this to slip under the radar.

i think i am a bit... not normal??? i was always an outsider at school with a few select friends (at least in primary, they were Proper Friends not Friends Who Might Be Fake Cause They Told Me They Were Fake Friends With Someone In Our Group And It Made Me Anxious), weird interests, didn't really know how to act in most situations beyond "sit there and act normal, don't draw attention to yourself" (cause i HATE attention more than anything???? I don't wanna be the center of attention I would rather have a meteor strike me between the eyes)

my mum has mentioned in passing a while ago to my dad that me and my bro might be autistic. of course dad scoffed and said "they act normal" but i'm Not normal by societal standards. i can do ok in brief social situations but idk if it's the same for you but i always practice what i'm gonna say in a coffee shop in my head like "you want this and this don't mess up" and when people say hello in passing I either just smile awkwardly or grunt in some Vague Attempt to be nice back. of course i have days where I feel like I can take on social situations like some kind of mad extrovert but they're pretty rare. i'd rather have my own company or speak to people via text cause they i have time to remember my words and think about what i'm doing

anyway rant aside and i dont know how any of whoever helps u most w/ this stuff would see it (prolly ur mum?) maybe ask ppl u know well about it etc etc and Have A Think and then go maybe see ur GPs about it if you decide maybe you might be on the spectrum somewhere and about accessing possible Assessment. i mean you may know in yourself whether you are possibly Spectrum or not and whether you want to persue it a little bit?

i am just a lowly idiot on a forum but from what ive seen and with the other common stuff that comes with it (all that stuff we blabbed on about in previous effortposts) i would suspect it a little at least. i mean literally no-one into pokemon isn't on the spectrum somehow (inentional double negative) anyway so

i tried the Get An Assessment thing myself but they will only assess you for support as an adult which i didn't need at the time (had a job and was in uni and by all means was doing ok except now not so much)  so i may have trip reports myself in time to come lmao

yeah my mum is the one who suggested i get on PIP cause i'm not fit for work in any sense (i could do an hour or so of volunteer work at my library, but I'd need a seat and help in case something happens and that would be on a "good" day

AND to get on point of a problem i literally have to write an essay saying exactly why i disagree with Mr Nafees Ahmed's assessment of me (which is ALL WRONG lmao) and like i left essays behind. why must this happen to me.

also the "ur last post from this ip was 30 seconds ago" tried to stop me. you can't stop me

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 07, 2017, 21:37 »
so I was talking to my brother's fianceé earlier about tattoos because I really want to get some and she said she'd take me to a convention; turns out the convention is this Sunday so it's far too near =[

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 08, 2017, 00:30 »
Long distance relationship hell is real. My S/O moved to California so I end up staying up even later to talk to them, and last night they ended up crying because, partly because we're so far apart and partly for other reasons, and all I could do was sit there, in my room, trying me best to comfort them without breaking into tears myself. I just wanted to be there with them so badly.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 09, 2017, 18:59 »
 Went to sleep early last night but I've only just woken up at about 5:20.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 09, 2017, 21:51 »
My mom's fibro is acting up again so I won't be able to go on my college visit tomorrow. Not trying to be selfish, and I understand why it's not going to happen, but it seems like every time we're about to do ANYTHING, it's something else with someone in the house, and it's frustrating as hell.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 10, 2017, 15:30 »
Is it even bad that my mum and dad's mouthed is so slow I'm considering straight up buying them a new one right now and I've only been home for 10 mins but just wanna play the sims
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 10, 2017, 17:33 »
 These new £1 coins aren't very aesthetic. I'm happy that they've got the leek on there and all but they're essentially that kid who ran with their arms behind their back but as a coin when compared to the old £1 coins.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2947 on: April 10, 2017, 18:34 »
These new £1 coins aren't very aesthetic. I'm happy that they've got the leek on there and all but they're essentially that kid who ran with their arms behind their back but as a coin when compared to the old £1 coins.
rly?? the old ones are garbage can lids in comparison. so boring. so round like most of the other coins.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 10, 2017, 19:29 »
rly?? the old ones are garbage can lids in comparison. so boring. so round like most of the other coins.

Yeahhh I'm just not digging these new ones like, maybe I'm shapist or something but it just looks weird to me.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 10, 2017, 22:28 »
Long distance relationship hell is real. My S/O moved to California so I end up staying up even later to talk to them, and last night they ended up crying because, partly because we're so far apart and partly for other reasons, and all I could do was sit there, in my room, trying me best to comfort them without breaking into tears myself. I just wanted to be there with them so badly.

huge mood at all times..... visited her in cali last month and started crying today because i realised this time last month i was in her house for the next 10 days. its so expensive to visit... its so lame since the time differences are 7-8 hours so its not like staying up is easy especially if you gotta live a normal life ;____; my only saving grace is im a damn neet so i can ruin my sleeping pattern to match california times easier but uuuuuugh...

california is where
Spoiler: show
love
goes to die

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 11, 2017, 21:26 »
I keep screwing up on pronouns /all/ of the time. Like, not in a using the wrong one because assuming gender or whatever, literally I just become incompetent when telling stories and will refer to guys as she and stuff and I don't understand why, like it should not be a difficult concept lmao. Gets even worse if its a story about a guy and a girl and I start switching them round which /completely/ changes the meaning of the story. I literally need to start using "ze" for everyone or something -_-
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: April 11, 2017, 21:53 »
TBH california is also where your pocketbook and any conservative ideas you had (if you had any) goes to die. Plus, be prepared for wildfires unless you live somewhere like LA, Glendale, San Diego, San Fran, etc.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 11, 2017, 22:00 »
I keep screwing up on pronouns /all/ of the time. Like, not in a using the wrong one because assuming gender or whatever, literally I just become incompetent when telling stories and will refer to guys as she and stuff and I don't understand why, like it should not be a difficult concept lmao. Gets even worse if its a story about a guy and a girl and I start switching them round which /completely/ changes the meaning of the story. I literally need to start using "ze" for everyone or something -_-

'they' is a simpler solution #lifeprotip

TBH california is also where your pocketbook and any conservative ideas you had (if you had any) goes to die. Plus, be prepared for wildfires unless you live somewhere like LA, Glendale, San Diego, San Fran, etc.

idk i got called a tranny and a faggot like 3 times by different people and i think most people misgendered me on purpose so id say theyre still pretty conservative or at least unhappy with the concept of vaguely feminine men

i agree with the wallet part though. took $100 out in cash for the trip and it was gone by the 2nd day just by going out to eat lmao
couldnt be bothered looking for an atm so im glad my bank card worked in most places :/

no fires tho. just a lot of earthquakes. apparently there were 6 in my first night there.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 22:03 by sylar »

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 11, 2017, 23:03 »
^Scratch the conservative part and add the copious amount of assholes (though those are everywhere no matter where you go)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 23:21 by SirBlaziken »

Offline 2OrSomething

• Team Instinct At Heart
  • Rob Fan
  • Look at this nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 12, 2017, 12:10 »
Almost had enough currency for a new character on this game but then I spent it all on skins for a character I liked.