Author Topic: Traditions  (Read 1624 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Traditions
« on: March 12, 2016, 14:40 »
Do you have any little odd traditions/quirks you have to do when you play through a game?

Since Gold I've always evolved my starter into its final evo with a rare candy. I remember this the most from route 119 in RSE. Speaking of that route I always have my secret base in the big bush on the right just before Fortree. Another place I liked was the tree in the middle of the sea beside Mauville Town.

So yeah, what are yours?

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Traditions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 15:07 »
Since after HGSS, I have not used the legendary of the game to beat the E4.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 15:24 »
In all main series Pokemon games from Gold onwards, I always save before picking my starter so I don't get a female one.

When playing first person shooter games that have cheats, I habitually activate the God mode cheat at the beginning of every game, whether I actually intended to or not!

I always play Pokemon Puzzle Challenge on my 3DS with headphones on. I seem to be able to focus better whenever I wear headphones for some reason.

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 15:24 »
i almost always let my big brother beat the champion.  we share games and devices, and it's just been something we've done since we were little.

thanks gl <3

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 22:55 »
While not a tradition as much as the rest, I realise I can never make an effective team without it being one support/defensive wall and five glass cannons, which became obvious earlier since I'm currently replaying Diamond.

Needs more Gengar

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 00:32 »
get my starter pokemon to be female

kind of unnecessary because it just takes like 500 restarts most of the time but... i dunno. i started in silver.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 01:14 »
1) Ever since White 2, I need to catch all the Pokemon species on a route before I can move on. In Pokemon Pearl, Emerald, SoulSilver, and Black, I didn't need to do this, and I could have lots of fun beating the games pretty quickly. Unfortunately this habit of mine now has made me fall behind the other players so while everybody here was beating ORAS I was still trying to complete the Pokedex while playing through the main storyline. I wish I would stop caring about completing the Pokedex because I never do anyway. I'd enjoy the games much more if I could go back to the way I played when I was younger :(

2) This kind of goes hand in hand with the above, but I have to train my Pokemon to ridiculous levels before advancing to the next route. This was kind of pointless in ORAS since GameFreak made the remakes super-easy and the trainers super-underleveled.

3) Also, it's a tradition for me to train only the Pokemon that can evolve so I can fill the Pokedex. For the same reason I put Pokemon from my team in the PC box so I can train new ones

4) I scour every place with the Dowsing Machine so I can collect all the items

Offline Sal Veon

• Aerial Ace
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 00:48 »
Ever since X/Y, I have taken no liberty in completing the National Dex. First of all, there are 721 of them now, and I let Wonder Trade do the rest of the work for me.
Wonder Trade was one of my favorite features in X/Y, I keep it running all the time beside my computer. It is open right now as I'm writing this. No wonder my 3DS backlight is wearing out.
There are plenty of Magikarps in the sea. You may catch and occasional Feebas, but they are gross and ugly, so throw them back. Try as you may to find that red Gyarados, that will never happen, so just give up on that idea.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 13:41 »
The only tradition I can recall off-hand is pretty boring as far as those go, but it's pretty much me always picking the Water starter as my first Pokemon. I have yet to see a Water starter line I actually dislike or don't eventually warm up to.

The only other one which comes to mind is trying to catch a Whismur in a Premier Ball, since Whismur was the first 'mon I ever caught using said ball, so it's hard for me to disassociate it from the entire line =P

Offline Spud Bucket

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 04:40 »
I'm a normal person and I'm proud.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 02:57 »
I have to have a Ditto named Xerox in all my games.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!