Author Topic: Saying no to the starters  (Read 3362 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Saying no to the starters
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34 »
I know how you guys feel. The games kind of build up the emotional bonds shared between you and your pokemon, so it makes sense to feel an emotional attachment to the first one in the game. That's why I usually keep my starters, only getting rid of them in second play-throughs.

Mr. Apple

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 01:36 »
I know how you guys feel. The games kind of build up the emotional bonds shared between you and your pokemon, so it makes sense to feel an emotional attachment to the first one in the game. That's why I usually keep my starters, only getting rid of them in second play-throughs.

*sniffs* i never thought of it that way...

Draghost999

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 06:14 »
I always ditch my starters. I want to be proud of raising Pokemon that I got myself, on my own. The starters don't feel like mine when they're given to me-- and that's just because. I feel it belongs to the Professor, not to me. That's why my Pokemon are always caught and trained by me once I find them myself. Then they truly feel mine. I have no pride for starters. :nowink:

No pride at all. :dry:

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 11:39 »
I don't usually like the starters tbh, therefore I usually ditch them fairly early on because I find other, less common, Pokemon more fun to raise :3. I think in Black I ditched my starter for a Maractus and that was an awesome decision!

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 12:20 »
I ditched my Croconaw in SoulSilver recently, giving me a team of Victreebel/Scyther/Ambipom/Corsola/Misdreavus/Mamoswine. I feel like Feraligatr would be more useful than Corsola, but she's so damn adorable. ;___;

Apart from that, I usually have no reason to ditch my starter. I usually like them too much/have no other option in mind.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"