Pokémon Games > Older Main Games

Playing through Fire Red and Leaf Green to complete the Pokedex

(1/2) > >>

Petzbreeder:
For absolutely ages, I've been wanting to not only complete Fire Red and Leaf green, but the Pokedex too.

I've gathered a lot of resources to help me out.
Walkthrough - I can't get very far if I don't know where to go and what I can catch!
Pokedex - Knowing all the moves a Pokemon can learn and when they learn them will definitely help me a lot.
Version exclusive list - I don't want to spend ages looking for a Pokemon, only to find that I'm playing the wrong game!
Cheat codes - I'm probably not going to use many of these. The Safari Zone ones will certainly be useful though.
Glitches - Not all of them are for Fire Red/Leaf Green, but some might still be useful.

I'll update the thread as I progress.

The way I'll be playing
Fire Red
My "main" game
Storyline completion
Pokedex completion
Breeding

Leaf Green
Version exclusive obtaining and trading
Alternate choices (Other starters, Fossils, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, etc)
Porygon (Nugget glitch)

The Journey Begins
(Early July)

DaveTheTrainer:
If you're playing a ROM on an emulator or similar, you might want to run it through a randomiser without the randomisation. Those programs can still apply useful tweaks like removing trade-only evolutions and porting later gen features to Gen 3 games.

Good luck!

Petzbreeder:
I'm going to play using both my Gameboy Advance SP consoles. I've been chatting with my dad about ways I can go about it. That's why I haven't started recording yet, even though I wrote yesterday that I'd start today. Maybe my Canon video camera connected to my PC via a HDMI cable and OBS Studio could work.

DaveTheTrainer:
Honestly, it's probably not worth trying to record on the original hardware. Those screens don't transfer well and you're more likely to just spoil your own experience. A phone running an emulator or using the virtual console on modern hardware might be better for recording.

Petzbreeder:
I want to complete my Pokedex in all my games from Fire Red/Leaf Green onwards, then transfer them from one generation to the next until I have them all on X/Y. Fire Red/Leaf Green seemed like a good place to start. I want the summary screen of every pokemon to say that I caught them in the region they were first made available in. I will need to play them on the actual cartridges for that.

Though I could just play on my own without sharing my playthroughs, I just thought it would be nice to share it with others.
I have to be honest, Fire Red and Leaf Green are two games that I've never completed before (storyline or Pokedex for that matter) so maybe I should just do a personal playthrough, at least until I get to know the storyline of the game much better and learn where all the Pokemon can be found.

I wont need to keep checking the website I've been using while I play them then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version