General Category > PKMN.NET

So the forums have had less activity

<< < (17/17)

The Shrub Dragon:
If it's okay, I'm may add my opinion into this.

I haven't really posted on here in months - I'm largely inactive and seem to be posting about once a month at best and as has already been pointed out, it's because the community is thinning out.  People don't have the time or interest for forum posts and for people who've been using the website for a while, there's almost an obligation to post intelligently once in a while rather than to just chill out and enjoy themselves with some somewhat shorter, more relaxed posts (like, not everyone, but idk I guess quite a few might).  As the pressure that some people are putting on themselves increases whilst their interest and time thin out, it's sort of a perfect recipe for them to end up not posting altogether, leading to a ripple effect of topics becoming less interesting and more people becoming disengaged from topics.  I can't really suggest a plan of action for these, other than to - perhaps, as Kona said - veer the site towards gaming rather than Pokemon itself.

The problem I can see with that, though, is that we've already got somewhat of a reputation as a Pokemon site - the younger people who join the site do so largely for Pokemon rather than other gaming and it feels like if we centre the boards towards gaming, we're disengaging people who might want to join, but if we keep it the same, we're disengaging people who've already joined.

I think that the Acid Reflux seems like it's probably the best course of action - the boards here might be less active, but we'll at least have the same community on a different site that might engage them more than PUK does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version