Pokémon Games > Older Main Games

In-Game Team Help?

<< < (2/2)

OpallapO:
I think I've decided! I'm just hoping I don't find out that I should have chosen Galvantula or Crobat over one or two of them... :S Oh well, here goes :)

Samurott
Surf - It's STAB, and it's a really cool move as well :) Always liked it, to be honest, every since my first adventure on Sapphire! Hehe :D
Dig - To cover the Electric type weakness, and also for caves.
Ice Beam - To get those nasty grass types... ;)
Scald - Only because it has the chance of burning the target, which is always useful   :tongue2:
Samurott's going to be used as an attacker, simply because I don't like walls that much.

Salamence
Dragon Claw - STAB and also, I always like to have at least one move of it's type :) It also helps with the Dragon type weakness... but I guess all dragons have that so yeah...
Fly - Well, it's STAB and also it's pretty useful outside of battle.
Earthquake - It covers the Rock and Electric weakness, and it's a pretty neat move as well. I always have a reliable Ground move on my team :)
Stone Edge - Covers the Ice weakness and also, if there are any Electric/Flying Pokemon I can get 2x damage with it... so it's basically just for more type coverage.
Definite physical attacker.

Scrafty
Crunch - Physical STAB move, and it can learn it by levelling up, which is nice :)
Hi Jump Kick - STAB, and hopefully I can raise the accuracy by using an item... any suggestions? I don't really like X Accuracy's because they wear off. :P
Rock Slide - Basically covering weaknesses again.
Bulk Up - Just to raise his attack a bit more, plus the helpful defense raise as well :D
And well, another physical attacker.

Ferrothorn
Energy Ball - STAB, again.
Iron Head - STAB.
Bulldoze - Those pesky 4x damage Fire moves are going to be killer, so I thought I'd fight back with a decent Ground type move... too bad Ferrothorn can't learn Earthquake though :L
Sandstorm - Just to be annoying, I guess.
Yet another physical attacker. Ooosh :L

Reuniclus
Psychic - Well, it was the only Psychic type move I really fancied on the list, and it's STAB, so heyho ;)
Rock Slide - Covering for type weaknesses again. Maybe I'm too careful?
Focus Blast - I've heard that this is a good move, and also it covers for type weaknesses, so why not? It's worth a shot :)
Rest - One of those 'just in case' moves. And also, because it's defenses aren't too good.
Special attacks here, plus Rest and Rock Slide. I like this moveset, not sure why. It just sounds good in my head. Hope it will work as well in the actual game:)

BRONZONG
Trick Room - Never actually used this type of move before, I guess it's just to mix things up a bit.
Hypnosis - I hate low accuracy moves, but I couldn't find anything better to put the target to sleep. And it's learned at a low level. Paired with Dream Eater...? Hopefully it will be a good combo ;P
Dream Eater - When they're asleep... POW! Dream Eater! At least, I hope so...!
Gyro Ball - For the STAB. And actually being able to attack the target somewhat...
Well, this is my first EVER go at using an 'annoyer'. I think I kind of understand how it's going to work: annoy the target as much as possible whilst taking hits. Maybe I should have used Light Screen or something? Protect? Confusion/Confuse Ray? But i went with an attack instead. Mistake or not?

And I still don't know what items to use. I'll figure it out somehow. Hopefully. But yeah. That's my planned team at the moment :L

SirBlaziken:
Put something like stealth rock on ferrothorn instead of bulldoze because you simply just shouldn't put it out against a fire type.

quack98:
I think wide lens raises accuracy by 10%, so that'd be useful on scrafty if you'd prefer HJKs power.

The last sheikah:
Samurott - All good enough. Maybe X-Scissor (TM81, route 7) or Superpower (tutor, Lentimas town) over Scald, but it works fine as it is.
Salamence - All good
Scrafty - Good
Ferrothorn - Power Whip (Level 40) over Energy Ball. Ferrothorn is better physical.
Reuniclus - Shadow Ball (TM30, Reversal mountain) over Rock Slide. Reuniclus is better specially, and can use it to hit Ghosts well. Also, its defenses are usually great.
Bronzong - Wouldn't have thought this would work too well on an in-game team. I doubt you'll get much use out of Trick Room, and dream eater is really unreliable. If you want sleep, go for Amoonguss, which gets Spore (100% accurate).

Turner:
If you hate low accuracy moves then use Gravity instead of trick room, it doesn't look like much of your team is going to benefit from that.

Gravity also lowers evasion a couple of stages, which (provided your opponent hasn't started spamming evasion boosting attacks) will buff moves like Hypnosis up to 100% accuracy...and also your Salamence will be able to Earthquake anything flying type or with levitate.

It might endanger your Bronzong from ground-type attacks though, but it's a good trick to use regardless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version