Author Topic: Sign-In Book  (Read 7665 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Sign-In Book
« on: August 13, 2020, 09:40 »
Man, we've all had a lot of good memories on this site eh? It's basically dead, but let's be honest -- at least we can come back to it.

I highly recommend you to join discord. Drop me a PM/DM or whatever you wanna call it, I'm raven#3622 (and currently have a Jojos avatar). I have facebook (yeah, despite everything), gmail, text, WhatsApp, etc. Feel free to drop me a PM, get in touch, whatever. I'll be checking here more.

Consider any previous beef squashed, honestly, because times are honestly garbage right now for anyone and everyone and I'm 27 now, we're all older now, and I've just forgotten a lot of dumb crap (and honestly, I've forgotten many of you, but it really doesn't matter to me because all that stuff is past now). It'll be nice to hear from you, nice to have a conversation in discord (I'm always online, I'm just quieter these days because of events in my personal life; I'm fine, though). Post here too if you want, rag on me as much as you want, but just let us know you're alive, ya know?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 09:44 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Sign-In Book
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 12:40 »
I'm still around, both on Discord and here. I haven't been chatting much, as I have no internet access in my new house at the moment. I have to use 4G on my phone. I've been busy working out how to play Unchained Melody on my Yamaha keyboard. I'm doing well. I'll make a video of myself playing it once I have an internet connection.

Offline DaveTheTrainer

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 14:03 »
Nice to see you, man.

Honestly I'm just not a fan of Discord. The chatroom format tends to crush any more thoughtful conversation, so it'll never replace a proper forum for me.

I came back to hang around because I also have fond memories of this place. Today's internet has become increasingly tainted by politics and the need to suppress anyone that might break from the majority view. On most social networks it's inescapable, and any medium will be exploited for the sake of political grandstanding instead of having that general discussion space like this used to be. It'd sad.

I do long for the simpler times, like when "hi r u 12?" was a meme or everyone was suddenly called "Vanguard". I'd even take that time when Joeno made the site look like unicorn vomit for April fool's. World needs to chill out.

Anyway, hope you're doing well! Also when did you become an admin?

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 18:27 »
Honestly I'm just not a fan of Discord. The chatroom format tends to crush any more thoughtful conversation, so it'll never replace a proper forum for me.

I'm the kind of person who likes to have a real chinwag instead of typing small sentences.

Have you seen how long some of my Discord messages are? I really miss the forum and all the activity it used to have. When I send messages on Discord, people don't reply often.

There are a few things that I want to share with everyone, but I haven't got an internet connection at the moment.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 09:13 »
Wow. It's been so long since I've been here. What did I miss? xD
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 17:23 »
Nice to see you, man.

I came back to hang around because I also have fond memories of this place. Today's internet has become increasingly tainted by politics and the need to suppress anyone that might break from the majority view. On most social networks it's inescapable, and any medium will be exploited for the sake of political grandstanding instead of having that general discussion space like this used to be. It'd sad.

I do long for the simpler times, like when "hi r u 12?" was a meme or everyone was suddenly called "Vanguard". I'd even take that time when Joeno made the site look like unicorn vomit for April fool's. World needs to chill out.

Anyway, hope you're doing well! Also when did you become an admin?

I'm not going to start an argument here, I think I have a different view of politics being everywhere -- but considering the current state of my country (the USA) I've felt it necessary just because there's just a lot going on throughout the world right now. I understand though and I won't bring it up, and I'm against things like slurs but I'm still pretty anti-PC (I guess my views on speech align with comedians like Chappelle, Jefferies, Lewis Black, etc).

At any rate... I'm not gonna bum you out with the way my year's gone. My best friend's little brother committed suicide and his uncle died of COVID, my dad passed away due to cancer in June at 70, and I've been traveling all over the US. I had an internship at an air force base to hopefully wrap up my PhD, but covid shut down the base and I drove from ohio to Maryland to take care of my dad during quarantine until his passing. I got to spend all this time with my dad and I got to give back a tiny amount taking care of him before his passing, even if it wasn't the same, and I love my dad so much and I'm doing better but I'm gradually getting the energy to do everything good I can with the life he laid out for me by coming to America.

I'm currently in Arizona... I flew in a few weeks ago... and I fly back to Maryland in a week or two to drive back to Ohio... I even commuted to Ohio a bunch of times this year from MD. Life's just been inconsistent, tiring, and hectic, but the moments I have to relax have been great and I've been in great health despite everything (well, I'm gaining weight but who isn't?)

It's been mostly bad, but these are the cycles of life, and I'm just doing everything I can until we are all out of the other side. I've found ways to feel good enough to push onwards as of late, but until recently everything was getting to me.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline DaveTheTrainer

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 23:05 »
I'm not going to start an argument here, I think I have a different view of politics being everywhere -- but considering the current state of my country (the USA) I've felt it necessary just because there's just a lot going on throughout the world right now. I understand though and I won't bring it up, and I'm against things like slurs but I'm still pretty anti-PC (I guess my views on speech align with comedians like Chappelle, Jefferies, Lewis Black, etc).

In my view it's not really a "PC" thing, it's more that if you're not American the need to inject US politics into every board on the net is kinda exhausting. Perhaps it's just my perspective, but people really do seem to have stopped trying to understand eachother and instead try to isolate themselves from dissent by "claiming" what should be apolitical spaces for a particular ideology. In my experience this breeds angry, hateful users who go around raving about a caricature of their opposition.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough year dude, hope things get better soon. We're always happy to listen if you need a friendly ear.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 03:33 »
I've checked in a few times. It bums me out that the glory days of pkmn.net are long gone. Lot of good memories here. I keep in contact with Utack & Swampy regularly, but haven't talked to most of the old guard for a long time.

I work nights, so I don't know that I have much to contribute these days, but I've gone ahead and joined the discord. Hopefully I can catch up with some old friends.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 17:34 »
I'm still here. Forums are definitely on the way out, but I try to inject some activity into them. The format of making long posts and having discussion in one place fills a different niche from just chatting on Discord, nobody wants walls of text there. I have a job and stuff but I'm still pretty much the same, that's just 8 hours of my life to fund travel, gaming, music, cons etc and other stuff I do. I'd post more about Pokemon but S/S hasn't really captured me in a way that has kept me coming back to it unfortunately, I think that's the same for a lot of us. Smaller games like Pokemon Snap might be the direction we all go in now.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 22:44 »
Literally randomly tried to login yesterday and it said the site was unreachable and got really sad the site might have gone down as I haven't been on in so long (probs login like every year or so lol) but thank god it's still running.

So wild seeing people here that were on back then though
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline "Alvin"

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2020, 06:06 »

One day in middle school, at age 12, I convinced my non-Pokemon-playing friend to make an account here and I watched him make that "r u 12 O0 " (there was an afro in the body of the OP) post with my own eyes. I told him it was a dumb post but he did it anyway, and every time I see posts talking about old times, someone mentions that thread. So I guess it's a good thing I didn't stop him. Wish I could tell him he's a legend here but no one has heard from him in over a decade, most of us believe he's in jail so I hope he's okay. I had nowhere to share this little-known lore so here you go.

Anyway, I do really miss gaming forums. I have a Facebook but I don't really like that Facebook and Twitter have kind of replaced message boards. The anonymity and being able to decorate your profile with avatars and sigs and things like that really made these something special. I'm a part of the discord but a lot of the people I ran with on this site have disappeared or aren't on there.

Man, the IRC was tons of fun, and I loved reading discussions about Pokemon news on here. Team building was really fun too and I liked looking at people's Sprite Art even though I never got too into it myself.

You can still go on the wayback machine and see how active this forum was (50+ users online at once sometimes) and it's neat going through the usernames and being like "oh, I forgot about her!" Give it a go.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 20:09 »
i check in from time to time, both discord and site. but sometimes i dont really say much. i just lurk.

if you wanna chat it up, ʀᴜᴅʏ#6165 is my user and im online basically all the time except when im asleep lol.

as for beef, yeah, same here. its squashed flat. im 26 and dont care enough about old internet drama. we good. probably. unless... ?

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 15:03 »
im still here. :)

just a very periodic lurker.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Despo

• Ace Trainer
  • Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 14:30 »
Hello,

My name is Despo, it has become my alias since a year or two and I use it for all my playthroughs of the Pokémon games. I have always been a fan of the series, even in the times we all said Pokémon was for little children.

I always consulted this website when I didn't know what to name my Pokémon. I always wanted my names to be "cool", English names, because the games were also in English and it would've looked stupid if I named them in my native tongue. So we had names like "Fang" and "Draco", quite original and descriptive if you ask me.

I recently started to Nuzlocke a bunch of old games on emulators so if you have/want any tips for a Nuzlocke, hit me up! Also, if you just wanna chat about Pokémon feel free to PM me...

Signing out,
Despo

Offline Pokesilver22

• Typhlosion user
  • Pokemon Fan
  • ......Pkmn Trainer Red wants to battle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 16:47 »
Hi! I’m new here, but I have played Pokémon since I was in second grade. I have a question: what is the best team to use in Pokémon Silver?