Misc > Sports

Football/Soccer Season 2013/2014 Thread

<< < (2/41) > >>

K.I.O.S:
Gutted to say we lost the Community shield to United last weekend, but hoping for a win at Bournemouth today to change that. We got a fairly easy run in to life back in the Championship with us beating Barnsley 4-0 opening day, Bournemouth today and Doncaster on Tuesday, we have a great chance of getting 9 points and putting some goals on the board.

Spriter:
Well, deadline day is very nearly upon us. I think I'm gonna keep Sky Sports News on as long as humanly possible. Hoping Stoke can sign someone else. Otherwise, looking forward to it. Though I've heard some papers say that Bale's sale could initiate a £500m spree...pffff I don't think so.

Well pleased with Stoke yesterday, Pennant is finally getting his chance to play more. That and we are actually attacking away from home...

Otherwise, hoping for a cracker in the London derby. I predicted 2-2 with Giroud x2, Soldado and Vertonghen...so far, it looks good for that prediction..

Milsap:
^ Ashley Hemmings goal for us against you on Wednesday was a cracker :P

K.I.O.S:
Our first few games didn't go as I thought with 2 wins, 2 draws and lose under our belt was hoping we'd have a couple more points and goals at this point. Also the fact we've drawn Rubin Kazan means we've got a long away trip in the Europa league which of course will effect our Championship form, as much as I'd love us to go back up this season I think play offs will be our best hope of achieving that at the moment.

Spriter:
Well, Mesut Ozil is now an Arsenal player. Hmmm...Giroud or Podolski / Ozil could be a force this season.

I'm just really curious about how Tottenham will do now, with the likes of Eriksen, Soldado and Lamela in the side. That, and Townsend looks like he will be a great player in a few seasons. Top 4 looks like a realistic finish for Tottenham now, depending on how quickly the team gel.

As for Stoke...well, I've heard Arnautovic is like a mini-Balotelli in some respects, so he had better be sorted out by Hughes. Also, I'm hoping that Ireland will do well too. I'm hoping that Pennant and Jones become great players. Pennant's free-kick against West Ham was similar to Toure's against Hull. Hoping both players can be top class for Stoke. 6 points and 5th place is awesome for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version