Author Topic: Rate my Team: Battle Subway Doubles Choice  (Read 1460 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BloodRedBaron

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
Rate my Team: Battle Subway Doubles Choice
« on: June 07, 2013, 20:15 »
Please rate my team for battle subway doubles:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly nature, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Rock Slide
-Aqua Tail

This guy is a physical powerhouse. As the only physical attacker on the team, there is a lot of weight is on his shoulders. Very few pokemon can take a banded STAB earthquake from his monstrous attack, especially with Zapdos firing off discharges or heat waves to cover flyers and resists. Most pokemon that would survive this combination are dragons. Enter Outrage. No pokemon likes taking a banded STAB outrage from Garchomp. Rock slide is only used if Earthquake is not an option, and if flinch is important. Aqua tail if all else fails.. but it's pretty much never used..

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid nature, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Discharge
-Heat Wave
-HP Ice/ HP Grass/ Substitute
-Roost

Zapdos is the only member of the team with the freedom to use any move at any time, and is a great partner to Garchomp because they resist each other's main moves. Together, they can take out most opposition before the other team even gets a chance to do significant damage. He also provides great paralysis support. Heat wave is used when Discharge is not viable, and HP Ice could be used to pick off dragons that outrage missed, HP Grass could get rid of water-ground types, and substitute could improve longevity.

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Eruption
-Solarbeam
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast

There is a noticeable ice weakness shared by the first two members of the team. That's where this guy comes in. With choice specs, eruption is an outright horror. It often two-hits pokemon that resist it, and neutral OHKOs are actually quite common. If anything comes out that has a fire weakness, it will be reduced to smoke and ash.

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Water Spout
-Focus Blast/Signal Beam
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

Blastoise is quite a curveball. He actually proves to be an excellent revenge killer, and the best part is, no one ever sees it coming. With choice scarf, Blastoise outspeeds nearly every pokemon in OU and deals MASSIVE damage with water spout. He is also not often targeted because Typhlosion appears to be a more imminent threat, so he can maintain his health and water spout's power. Paired up with Typhlosion's eruption, opposing pokemon are carried from the battlefield in pairs.

Offline Skyler and Blazer

• BattleFranky 37
  • Joeno Fan
  • Swag
    • View Profile
Re: Rate my Team: Battle Subway Doubles Choice
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:39 »
Please rate my team for battle subway doubles:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly nature, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw*
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break/Swords Dance

I agree with you that Garchomp is a powerhouse. However, I feel this set can better use his massive attack and speed reserves. Life Orb raises the power of moves without keeping you locked to one move for the duration of the battle. This would be disastrous in the case where you used a move that was greatly resisted or not effective, such as EQ or the added Brick Break. Dragon Claw is a bit more viable than Outrage, due to the fact that it won't cause confusion, but Outrage is still a pretty good option. The choice between Brick Break and Swords Dance really depends on what you want this Garchomp to do. It can cover all of it's bases with Brick Break being a bit more reliable to handle Ice Types than Rock Slide, and can handle Reflect and Light Screen, which are somewhat prevalent in Battle Subway (at least, when I go down there they are). And if Garchomp is Zapdos's partner, covering Zapdos's bases wouldn't hurt either.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid nature, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Discharge
-Heat Wave
-HP Ice/ HP Grass/ Substitute
-Roost

Zapdos is the only member of the team with the freedom to use any move at any time, and is a great partner to Garchomp because they resist each other's main moves. Together, they can take out most opposition before the other team even gets a chance to do significant damage. He also provides great paralysis support. Heat wave is used when Discharge is not viable, and HP Ice could be used to pick off dragons that outrage missed, HP Grass could get rid of water-ground types, and substitute could improve longevity. No problem here.

Typhlosion @ Air Ballon
Naive Nature, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

-Earthquake
-HP Grass / Substitute
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Typhlosion is my favorite pokemon. I have looked into its stats and movepool, and I have learned that Typhlosion nearly always benefits from having Earthquake in its set. Air Ballon can get rid of the prevalent ground type weakness that Typhlosion suffers, and Naive Nature prevents the loss of Attack while sacrificing some special defense. While this isn't the best option, Typhlosion is much bulkier in Special Defense than in Defense, so this risk is manageable. Now, the decision between HP Grass and Substitute, as well as Fire Blast and Flamethrower, depend on what you want: more Power or More assurance. With Substitute and Fire Blast, the odds 2HKO and OHKO goes up with the Blaze ability and the STAB on Fire Blast. 2HKOs and 3HKOs become common as well with Flamethrower and this strategy. HP Grass is dependent on whether you want Typhlosion to his Rock and Water Types hard as well. considering that this is Doubles, Zapdos and Typhlosion might have to stay apart in order for this to work out properly.

Blastoise @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Water Spout
-Focus Blast/Signal Beam/ Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump

Blastoise is quite a curveball. He actually proves to be an excellent revenge killer, and the best part is, no one ever sees it coming. With choice scarf, Blastoise outspeeds nearly every pokemon in OU and deals MASSIVE damage with water spout. He is also not often targeted because Typhlosion appears to be a more imminent threat, so he can maintain his health and water spout's power. Paired up with Typhlosion's eruption, opposing pokemon are carried from the battlefield in pairs. Grass Knot, just in case you need to help protect Typhlosion. The two can work wonders in Conjunction.

This is quite a powerful team. I just put my own edits that I would make in as bolded.