Author Topic: Chandelure VGC Moveset  (Read 2184 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Definitive_Choas

• Attempting to become the most helpful person on here (I'll be popular one day)
  • Mulholland Fan
  • No Comment
    • View Profile
Chandelure VGC Moveset
« on: February 21, 2014, 11:23 »
Hey guys its been a long time since Ive posted on here but i have a question,

Ive recently decided to use a chandelure on my team
originally to run trick room but ive had a change of heart and need new ideas

My current set

Chandelure
Timed Nature
252 SP.A/252 SPEED
-Overheat/flamethrower
-Shadowball
-imprison
-Will O Wisp

I like the idea of imprison to stop other chandelure while my other pokemon picks them off and WoW was added as another way to get the durn flamethower wasnt guaranteed, since then ive had a few suggestions, (energy ball, psychic) but wasnt sure what to go with

Thanks

the Definitive Chaos network now running through pkmn.net, e-bay, hotmail, trade cards online, tuckermax.com, ukchatterbox.com and vampirefreaks.com

How come everyone can spell better than me

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Chandelure VGC Moveset
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 19:08 »
I don't think you have much room (HA! Trick Room, like most Chandelures!) for Chandelure. It is a very good Pokémon, but many spread moves affect it badly. Imprison is a good move for doubles, but there are not many of those Pokémon now due to the fact Fire Gem has not been released. As well, most people tend to prefer Chandelures as Trick Room sweepers due to their unfortunate base 80 speed, thus making them struggle in both out and in the TR, since VGC is full of fast-butt Pokémon and slugs. As well, if you are playing in VGC, you'd rather use Heat Wave (lol flamethrower) as Overheat's base power has been reduced and still has that nasty negative effect. One of the few ways I see use for it now is a scarf or a sash, otherwise it won't be telling much in battle.

However, if you play it with its strenghts, it may be very good; ghost now hits steel for neutral and fire resists fairy, as well as having the classic immunities to fire, normal and fight. Just use it if you can support it very well with the moves you have used, but changing Imprison for another move and WoW for Trolltect if you are going with a sash or Energy Ball otherwise; you don't have time to burn many things in such a fast-paced game.

Regards.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.