Author Topic: bread joins the rmt club  (Read 928 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
bread joins the rmt club
« on: June 03, 2014, 15:00 »
so, recently, ive built myself a team, using on of the more interesting gimmicks out there, trick room, which, as im sure most of you know, makes slow pokemon move faster. its been doing pretty well while testing, and i wanted to see if there was anything i could do to make it better (which im sure there is ;P )

so, here goes !!
note: this is going to be played in uu (or sometimes in ou, if i get bored. its done pretty well in there too,actually)

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
reuniclus is normally what i lead with. it can live a hit without getting ohko'd, and after that, it can become quite the sweeper, getting magic guard and being extremely fast under the trick room. psychic is there as the stab, and focus miss for coverage against dark types.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 0 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
cofagrigus is there as another one to set up trick room (you can never have enough, because if the trick room goes up, you arent outspeeding anything) but thats not what its really there for. with nasty plot, it can get some hard hitting shadow balls in there. it also has hp fighting for coverage. it is blessed with the ghost type in a tier filled with fighting types like heracross, mienshao, scrafty, machamp, and others.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
trevenant is probably one of the most annoying things ever. with harvest, it gets infinite berries, which means infinite recovery. along with that, horn leech takes away its health also. will-o-wisp is there for stausing, and another trick room, just to be safe ;D

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Cotton Guard
ampharos gets a mega evolution, which brings it a whole lot of hair. this guy is what made me decide to use trick room (partly because of the hair. cant get enough >.< ) he also gains the dragon type, which is super cool. thunderbolt and dragon pulse are for stab, volt switch is to get out if something threatens it, and cotton guard is there if you want to be able to tank with it.

Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
100% accuracy is always good, but when you get 100% acc dynamic punch, it just makes it so much better. close combat is there for when its nearly dead and needs to put out a higher power move. and edgequake is... yknow. its edgequake. you cant not love that. (especially when its not stone miss i <3 no guard)

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Air Slash
noivern is there for when theres no trick rooms left, and you need something fast to come and BAM BAM BAM kill everything. it has a diverse movepool, so it can do good damage to pretty much everything, along with specs.

any constructive criticisms would be nice! ty~

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: bread joins the rmt club
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 18:03 »
My first thought would be your dark, ghost and ice weaknesses, half your team (when Ampharos megas) is weak to ice, and half to Ghost , and nothing resists either, and half your team is weak to dark with only one resist to it.

Trevenant is stalling - never stall in trick room, you have four turns after the turn in which you used it to beat the enemy into a pulp, don't waste one of them using substitute. He also gives you a dark and ice weakness, which is horrible to your team. I'd suggest replacing him with P2, who does although he does little to remedy your dark weakness (as he hates knock off so much he may as well be weak to dark >_>), but he gives you a ghost immunity and by replacing Trevenant removes an ice weakness, and he also retains the extra trick roomer.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: bread joins the rmt club
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 14:25 »
Your team seems very special oriented. I'd suggest adding something physical and slow.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN