Author Topic: ORAS Contest Movesets  (Read 8408 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
ORAS Contest Movesets
« on: December 01, 2014, 23:23 »
Combos are in italics.

COOLNESS

Pikachu @ Red Scarf
- Agility (Use Quick Attack at earlier levels, you'll just miss out on the combo)
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch / Thunder Shock / Spark / Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave

Agility and Electro Ball are a combo. In addition to the combo, Agility makes you go earlier in the next round, while Electro Ball gets a bonus for going first. Thunder Shock / Spark / Thunderbolt have 4 hearts for the appeal, and Thunder Wave badly startles Pokémon going before you. Added Volt Switch as an option as it might be better than the other 3 moves in that slot.

Blaziken @ Red Scarf
- Focus Energy
- Shadow Claw

- Brave Bird / Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick
- Hyper Beam

Focus Energy / Shadow Claw is the combo, Shadow Claw also gets 4 hearts so is good for using at other times as well. The move in the 3rd slot gives 6 hearts but makes the user more easily startled. Hyper Beam is for using on the last turn and startles all other Pokémon, with 4 hearts and 4 jamming.

CUTENESS

Azumarill @ Pink Scarf
- Defense Curl
- Rollout

- Water Gun / Bubble / Belly Drum
- Play Rough / Belly Drum

This moveset is very easy to get, except for Belly Drum which is an egg move from Poliwag/Poliwhirl, but it's not really needed. Defense Curl / Rollout is a fairly good combo, Water Gun or Bubble give 4 hearts, and Play Rough gives 3 hearts and can bring down the energy of Pokémon that have already moved. Belly Drum is the risky move since it gives 6 hearts and makes the user more easily startled, but I've had no problem using moves like this on Turn One in contests myself.

Pikachu or any Pokémon that can learn the TMs @ Pink Scarf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

- Return
- Attract / Draining Kiss

Rest and Sleep Talk are the obvious combo, Return gives 4 hearts and Attract makes the remaining Pokémon nervous. Cosplay Pikachu also gets Draining Kiss but don't use it if you're going first as it copies the appeal of the Pokémon before you.

BEAUTY

Gastly family @ Blue Scarf
- Mean Look
- Explosion

- Energy Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Rain Dance
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder (Gengar)

Energy Ball / Dazzling Gleam give 4 hearts. Will-O-Wisp is filler, it might be good. Explosion should only be used as the last move, and Mean Look the turn before to make the combo. Gengar can also use the Rain Dance/Thunder combo but Thunder is a Cool move. It shouldn't matter too much though. You should be able to pull off both combos as long as Explosion is used last.

CLEVERNESS

Ralts @ Green Scarf
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

- Hypnosis
/ Psychic
- Dream Eater / Destiny Bond

Double combo using all level-up moves. Destiny Bond (egg move) is a possible finishing move if you just want one combo. Something like Psychic can be used as the remaining move (4 hearts). I suggest replacing Hypnosis / Dream Eater since it's a combo involving jamming, and jamming won't work very well if you're going first.

I may add more movesets when I think of them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 13:29 by Raphetty »

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: ORAS Contest Movesets
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:31 »
I like Gardevoir's Calm Mind into Stored Power combo, but I'm a little stuck on the last two moves. Since some moves can reset condition improving moves, such as toxic, it'd probably be good to get a move that puts you last. Not sure what clever moves can do that, only thing I know is Trick Room which only scrambles the order.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 14:54 »
I like Gardevoir's Calm Mind into Stored Power combo, but I'm a little stuck on the last two moves. Since some moves can reset condition improving moves, such as toxic, it'd probably be good to get a move that puts you last. Not sure what clever moves can do that, only thing I know is Trick Room which only scrambles the order.

Whirlwind is a clever move that puts you last, but sadly gardevoir can't learn it. It might be better to perform the Calm Mind/Stored Power combo with sigilyph, since it can learn whirlwind through breeding

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 15:25 »
Currently trying to master every contest with Rayquaza, so far done Beauty and Cool with these sets:

Beauty @ Blue Scarf
-> Dragon Ascent
-> Overheat
-> Dragon Dance
-> Blizzard

What I'd do is DD turn one, putting me in last for turn 2 to blizzard and jam everyone. Turn 3 I'd usually be first with the voltage on 4, so I'd hit Dragon Ascent / Overheat to hit max voltage and mega evolve for 16 hearts. Turn 4 you use the other and turn 5 use the same as turn 3. Won easily.

Coolness @ Red Scarf
-> Extreme Speed
-> Aerial Ace
-> Gyro Ball
-> Dragon Dance

Turn 1 I aerial ace as I'd always be first, turn 2 use DD, usually putting you in last for turn 3 to Gyro Ball. Turn 4 use Extremespeed to put you in first to Aerial Ace on turn 5.

Currently doing cuteness with the following set, will see how it goes:

Cuteness @ Pink Scarf
-> Dragon Dance
-> Facade
-> Rest
-> Sleep Talk

DD turn 1 gives 0 hearts, putting you in fourth on turn 2. This makes Facade give 8 hearts (3 x 2 + DD + Cute). Turn 3 use Rest, as you'll likely be first and need immunity, then turn 4 use sleep talk for the combo. Use rest for the last turn to protect from jam as you'll likely be first.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 16:50 »
CLEVERNESS

Ralts @ Green Scarf
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater

Double combo using all level-up moves. Destiny Bond (egg move) is a possible finishing move if you just want one combo. Something like Psychic can be used as the remaining move (4 hearts).

COOLNESS

Blaziken @ Red Scarf
- Focus Energy
- Shadow Claw

- Brave Bird / Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick
- Hyper Beam

Focus Energy / Shadow Claw is the combo, Shadow Claw also gets 4 hearts so is good for using at other times as well. The move in the 3rd slot gives 6 hearts but makes the user more easily startled. Hyper Beam is for using on the last turn and startles all other Pokémon, with 4 hearts and 4 jamming.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 15:19 by Raphetty »

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella