Lvl 10 Gastly
2 (8.7%)
Lvl 5 Rattata
0 (0%)
Lvl 4 Spinerak
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 09, 2015, 03:14

Author Topic: Plz help me pick who i should have on my team  (Read 1182 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Disney

• Pokemon Expert
  • Pokemon Fan
  • Pokemon is love, Pokemon is life
    • View Profile
Plz help me pick who i should have on my team
« on: April 04, 2015, 03:02 »
im replaying crystal and need a team makeover . I have a level 23 QuiLava , a level 11 bellsprout, a level 12 onix, a level 8 togepi,and a level 10 ditto i recently caught. in my pc i have a level 10 gastly, a level 4 spinerak, a level 5 rattata,a level 6 zubat, a level 5 oddish, and a level 10 pineco. i have a wooper and a poliwag in the daycare to breed so i dont know there current levels. i know wooper is at like 13 and poliwag is at least 16 but im not certain on the exact level amount. i just arrived in goldenrod city. can you guys give me some advice on which 6 out of those pokemon i should have on my team.  :unsure: :-/ :-[ :wacko:

please vote on the poll and if you know of a pokemon i havent caught that is really good please reply its name and details on how to catch it .Thank you
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:19 by Disney »
Pokemon isn’t about tests, it’s about battles! hahahahahaha! – Ash Ketchum

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
Re: Plz help me pick who i should have on my team
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 12:50 »
Well, what's good is that since you're only at Goldenrod then you don't need a full team of 6 unless you really want it. whenever I do playthroughs, I always seem to have a team of 3 or 4 until I get closer to the end.

For your team for the playthrough, I'd suggest Quilava, Bellsprout, and Poliwag, although you could have Wooper instead of Poliwag. I'm only gonna recommend Poliwag because in my experience Polywrath has been more useful than a Quagsire. For your 4th slot, pop in your rattata and teach him the HMs that you need instead of wasting a spot on one of your mains.

You could put Zubat on your team, because if you can make it a Crobat, it will outspeed everything and it's amazing how powerful it can be.

Within the next few routes you may find Sudowoodo useful on your team, and in Goldenrod if you talk to Bill (he should just be in a house) then you can get an eevee. Adding those two are totally up to you, although I'll restate that I personally only use a few pokemon that I train up to be a high level at the start.

So yeah, in short, right now, make your team Quilava, Bellsprout, Poliwag, and keep rattata around for the HMs.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 22:34 »
I'd say what the above user said, then get Eevee and the Zubat. Crobat can be a pain for the enemy and so much fun to use (used it in pearl) if you have the patience to raise it.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 20:25 »
Quilava, Bellsprout, Poliwag, Zubat, Sudowoodo (when you get to it), and finally rattata for HMs
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 21:21 »
Grab yourself a full team ASAP if you can. Better coverage that way. Keep your Quilava and bellsprout. Polliwag, zubat, and eevee (evolve to jolteon). You've got space for one more after that, and you can use it on rattata as a HM slave or sudowoodo.

Good luck with your team

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid