Author Topic: Fanfiction Team  (Read 3733 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
Fanfiction Team
« on: June 23, 2017, 21:18 »
I'm using these Pokémon in Sapphire from my fanfic

Mudkip ():
Water Gun
Mud Slap
Bubblebeam
Surf

Charizard ():
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Smokescreen

Dragonite ():
Hyper Beam
Thunderbolt
Steel Wing

Nidorina ():
Double Kick
Poison Sting
Attract
Fury Swipes

Kangaskhan (Kanga) ()
Hyper Beam (and maybe Comet Punch)

Porygon (Poly♀) (genderless, shiny)
Moveset undecided

Need something to replace Dragon Pulse for Dragonite. Kanga is a baby Kangaskhan, so he lacks a full moveset and Poly doesn't actually have one, so I'll have to make one up! Nidorina learns Fury Swipes, right?

Hopefully I can modify genders to make Kangaskhan male!

EDIT: Oh no! Mudkip doesn't learn Bubblebeam! How? What else could I get?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:38 by The name master »
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction Team
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 21:50 »
Need something to replace Dragon Pulse for Dragonite.

You don't have any ice type moves on any of your Pokemon. Ice Punch would be cool on Dragonite. It can learn it via TM, I mean Emerald Move Tutor. Ice Beam is the TM move.

I get TMs and Move Tutors mixed up sometimes!

Edit: Your inbox is full again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 22:12 by Petzbreeder »

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 00:50 »
if you're just writing the team, i feel like you have no real limit on the amount of moves as long as the pokemon can learn them (see the anime or the manga, for examples) - the 4 move limit was just for ease of use in the games

for kanga, i'd actually nix hyper beam and go for the more basic moves such as tackle, since the baby is... well, a baby.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 08:19 »
My inbox is empty by one message for now!

if you're just writing the team, i feel like you have no real limit on the amount of moves as long as the pokemon can learn them (see the anime or the manga, for examples) - the 4 move limit was just for ease of use in the games

for kanga, i'd actually nix hyper beam and go for the more basic moves such as tackle, since the baby is... well, a baby.
I'm using the moveset that they know in the Fanfic! So that's why Kanga only has Hyper Beam (I might teach him basic moves like you said) and for the "having more than four moves" I'm trying to stick to as much canon as I can! Thanks Rayquaza for screwing that up!

You don't have any ice type moves on any of your Pokemon. Ice Punch would be cool on Dragonite. It can learn it via TM, I mean Emerald Move Tutor. Ice Beam is the TM move.

I get TMs and Move Tutors mixed up sometimes!
I'm playing Sapphire! It might not be the same as Emerald! Ice Beam could be a possibility! Coincidentally, she was going to learn Ice Beam through TM before I changed it to Thunderbolt. She knew Water Pulse before learning it, so that could be another possibility!

I think I'm going to replace Hydro Pump with Surf because I have no way of getting round Hoenn if I don't! And what's the difference between that and Water Gun besides power?

I'm probably never going to use Smokescreen but oh well!

And Poly is a shiny! Since I can't get one with Dragonite's colours, a shiny is the closest thing I'm getting! Need a good gen 3 moveset!

EDIT: Coincidentally, the game got so of the natures right!

Dragonite has a brave nature, I guess that's true....

Charizard has a bold nature, I guess so, as well as  brave and slightly arrogant at times.

Kanga has a modest nature, probably not true! He's dumb!

Mudkip has a bashful nature, brave would suit him more!

Nidorina has a mild nature, not sure what it means, but I'm sure it suits her!

Poly has a timid nature, probably not the most suiting nature!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:17 by The name master »

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 22:04 »
I'm using the moveset that they know in the Fanfic! So that's why Kanga only has Hyper Beam (I might teach him basic moves like you said) and for the "having more than four moves" I'm trying to stick to as much canon as I can! Thanks Rayquaza for screwing that up!

pokemon have more than 4 moves in the anime & manga; you're not limited to the rigid ruleset of the games. the only reason the 4 move limit is in the games is for gameplay reasons and because it's easier on The Kids, yo. the cool thing about fanfiction is that pokemon gives you an established universe, but its up to the author to write something new.

personally i go by their learn set and use their levels as a general guide as to the kinds of moves they might know about that time. egg moves are also usually a lot more common in my fanfiction universe due to interbreeding of wild pokemon and the fact the parents would be likely to teach their offspring certain moves too.

also sorry this is kinda late yo, but still sorta relevant

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:58 »
I'm stuck on my dad's gym. Even Nidorina's Double Kick can't get past it. And if they get poisoned through poison point/ poison sting, they just facade me to death.

I think it's because of the overpowered movesets, so not much grinding and my Pokemon are only in their lvl 20's!

I need a moveset for Poly, because Porygons are robots in my fanfic rather than actual pokemon.

I have recover so far because they have self repair systems.

And is dragon breath a good replacement for dragon pulse?

NOT STATUS MOVES!!!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:01 by The name master »