Author Topic: PKMN.net's Tier Lists  (Read 46443 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
  • Time for a true display of skill!
    • View Profile
Re: PKMN.net's Tier Lists
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2010, 19:37 »
it ability is not too powerful and in my opinion mew is only good at baton passing due to swords dance, rock polish, nasty plot, amnesia, calm mind, charge beam and iron defence in its verry large movepool.
It can Taunt, and Baton Pass everything in the world. It has Hypnosis. This makes it the most reliable Baton Passer ever, meaning if it is on your team, enjoy your sweep.
The fact that it has such great stats, Taunt, Hypnosis, access to every stat boosting move, and an amazing special attacking movepool means that it doesn't need Life Orb to help it sweep at all. It can easily sit there, set up Bulk Up and Calm Mind in your face and then destroy you.

Jirachi and Shaymin aren't Uber since their movepool is predictable and they themselves are easy to play around due to the types of team they appear on. Celebi is predictable and has horrid typing. Mew is so versatile by the time you know how to deal with it your main counter is dead.
| | | |

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2010, 21:21 »
has Entei got an upgrade once we get the Flare Blitz-ing one?

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2010, 21:27 »
I doubt it, since Flare Blitz won't be widely available to Entei and the lack of a good physical STAB couldn't be the only reason for it being in the tier it's in.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2010, 18:33 »
Regarding the new moves actyually:
1. Raikou has obtained Weather Ball. Rain Dance / Thunder / Weather Ball / HP Grass or Calm Mind will be amazing.
2. Aura Sphere is going to give Raikou spectacular coverage.
I think Raikou has a good chance of being up to OU now.

Entei:
1. ExtremeSpeed is going to be amazing Physical Priorty Entei will love.
2. Howl Boosted Stone Edges and Flare Blitz
Entei has a shot of going up to UU from NU, but it won't break to BL.

Suicune: Can't be uber-fied.
| | | |

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2010, 07:22 »
I have to agree with Zy, I can see Raikou breaking out of UU with Aura Sphere, but not so much Weather Ball. An offensive Calm Minder would definitely give it some use in OU, especially as Latias gets moved up to Uber. Calm Mind/Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Aura Sphere @ Life Orb would be the set I'd run, with Aura Sphere having a high chance of OHKOing TTar even without a boost.

As for Entei, I think it will become a decent UU mon, but it will still have to compete with Arcanine which has a couple of things over Entei, namely Intimidate and Morning Sun. Maybe Entei will be the "offensive" Fire type with Howl/XSpeed/Flare Blitz/Stone Edge, and Arcanine will be more of a defensive one, running sets like Flare Blitz/XSpeed/Morning Sun/Will O Wisp, making use of it's bulk and Intimidate rather than speed and power.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
  • I AM AN UBER NOW SO YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2010, 20:59 »
I have to agree with Zy, I can see Raikou breaking out of UU with Aura Sphere, but not so much Weather Ball. An offensive Calm Minder would definitely give it some use in OU, especially as Latias gets moved up to Uber. Calm Mind/Thunderbolt/HP Ice/Aura Sphere @ Life Orb would be the set I'd run, with Aura Sphere having a high chance of OHKOing TTar even without a boost.

why would latias move up to uber, as for raikou: it would be a threat to OU with its new moves

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2010, 14:10 »
I dunno if you have been keeping up with Smogon, but the most recent test has the majority votes as Latias for Uber. So off it goes.
If you're wondering why Latias is uber, it's because the high speed, high power, great special bulk and amazing resistances means it can switch in virtually unharmed more than half the time, and do quite large damage more than half the time. Calm Mind makes it a very bulky sweeper, while it can also use Choice items and Trick to equally devastate the foe's team.
| | | |

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2010, 16:27 »
So another good OU pokemon goes up to uber, I think garchomp was OU at some point.

I have a good feeling that azelf will become uber soon, I do not have a verry good reason but it is possible

Webby2

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2010, 17:56 »
Not surprised about Latias at all really.

Azelf won't be made Uber at all really, it doesn't have bulkiness which is over powering in OU and it can be easily countered if you predict decently. It's strong, no doubting that, as well as quick, but so are a lot of things in the division.

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2010, 19:22 »
Special Sweeper: why use Azelf when you have Infernape, who resists Sucker Punch, Pursuit and is more unpredictable?
Physical Sweeper: why use Azelf when you have... everything else?
TrickScarf: why use Azelf when you have Starmie, Togekiss and Jirachi, who are all bulkier?
Dual Screens: why use Azelf when...

you get my point.
| | | |

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2010, 19:33 »
Azelf is a great Special Sweeper, and can actually beat Blissey if you get a SDef drop against her with the Nasty Plot set, it just sees a lot less use because it's often used as a lead instead. Speaking of the lead, it's the #1 choice in OU being able to set up quick SR, Explode, Trick, use Screens, U-turn, or hit with a variety other moves from it's enourmous movepool. I'd say it's not outclassed by much as a lead, or a special sweeper. It's kept in check by Tyranitar, Scizor to an extent and most things with a Choice Scarf because it's fragile and has no form of recovery.

Latias to Uber was coming, it almost centralized the metagame as much as Garchomp did, with Scarf TTar on almost every team above 1500 on the ladder so it could revenge kill it. It's obscene power from the Specs set usually meant something was going to die if you let it switch in, and if you had a Blissey to absorb the hit it could just as easily Trick it's Choice item onto it.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2010, 18:47 »
I never said latias was not uber, I just not see it on latias's smogon page.

but yeah, I did not think latias would be uber untill the 5th gen games: black and white, came out point out the latias would have new moves to destroy pokemon with...

speaking of dragons, I wonder how the OU would change if salamence went to uber, assuming it will get new moves in black and white to make it the next garchomp...

I AM NOT SAYING SALAMENCE WILL BE UBER!!! I am asking how will the current metagame change: will flygon and dragonite be used more often.

after all: salamence>dragonite>flygon>kingdra

Webby2

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2010, 19:08 »
Salamence can't be the new Garchomp for multiple reasons; the main two being that Salamence came before Garchomp and that they're different types. If anything, Garchomp was the new Flygon.

If it did (which it wouldn't) then yes, those two would get more usage, as would Kingdra. However, out of the three, the usage of Dragonite would increase as it'd be the most dangerous DDer of a similar composition as Salamence. It wouldn't change the metagame too much as Dragonite is similarish, although much more bulkier. It is still capable of doing Salamence's role though, just not as good as Salamence.

I think I've said what I've meant to there.

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2010, 19:38 »
in my opnion, Shaymin-S has OU written all over it:

4x weak to Ice
weak to stealth rock
countered by heatran if shaymin does not have earth power
countered by scizor if shaymin does not have hidden power fire
shaymin has low defence and special defence, 75 base defence and 75 base special defence is LOW

Webby2

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2010, 19:51 »
Serene Grace + Air Slash + Great Speed + Good Special Attack = Very hard to beat. Very difficult to beat if you don't have a priority move/scarf and doesn't really need high defences. There's probably more stuff, but due to the fact that it's quicker than most, has a good, versatile movepool and is pretty strong, it'd overpower OU and therefore should stay in Uber. If it went into OU people would need to have a counter for it in it's team.