Author Topic: PKMN.net's Tier Lists  (Read 46273 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: PKMN.net's Tier Lists
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 20:02 »
^Dragonite says hello. It has great Sp.Def, Inner Focus and a lot of other stuff. Blissey walls it, only ever troubled by the possibility of a Sp.Def drop from Seed Flare, and Miltank fares well against it; believe me, I had a test battle with Tim a while back, in which I used a Miltank against his Shaymin-S.

Also, Heatran and Scizor are two of OU's most used Pokemon. Scizor can also switch in on a Seed Flare, thanks to it's 4x resistance to Grass, and 2HKO with Bullet Punch. Just check the Counters section on Smogon's page of Shaymin-S. It's surprising how many non-Uber Pokes are used in Ubers, mainly Scizor, Heatran and Metagross.
hahahahahahaha

Offline Zy

• Ice and Lightning
  • Sentret Fan
  • Time for a true display of skill!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 21:59 »
"if shaymin does not have earth power"
uhhh, no matter what, every Skymin set will contain EP. Specs will use Seed Flare, EP, Air Slash and HP Fire.
Growth sets will drop HP Fire for Growth. EP is too much coverage, and even then, switching in on a seed flare and getting its SpD reduced, Heatran will likely be flinched to death.
Most Skymins also carry Yache Berry, meaning it can survive any Ice Shard thrown at it and then Seed Flare back.

Way too fast and powerful to be OU.
| | | |

Offline Luna874

• Rob Fan
  • I AM AN UBER NOW SO YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME
    • View Profile
    • Luna874
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2010, 15:14 »
looks like salamence is uber now, the only reason its uber now is that people were complaining about its power.

who's next: dragonite? flygon?, I could just imagine that in 2 months: the only non-uber dragon would be altaria

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2010, 15:17 »
looks like salamence is uber now, the only reason its uber now is that people were complaining about its power.

who's next: dragonite? flygon?, I could just imagine that in 2 months: the only non-uber dragon would be altaria

That's taking it too far. Salamence was uber because after a Dragon Dance, very few things could stop it - nothing could switch in and outspeed for an OHKO without dying to +2 Outrage twice.

Dragonite won't even be feared as much because it's simply not as fast. And Flygon for Uber? It's not got the attacking stats.

I personally don't think Salamence was that game breaking. I mean, yeah, you have to take it into consideration when making teams, but isn't this the same for Blissey? And Heatran? Even so, it will be an interesting metagame until BW come out (at which point I hope to see Garchomp and Salamence brought back into OU.)

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2010, 15:33 »
I don't want to get into another Salamence debate, but Heatran, Infernape, Blissey, Gengar all have hard counters. Cresselia is the only Salamence counter, and even then Mence can switch out to it's most common team mate Tyranitar for the Pursuit.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2010, 15:52 »
quick question, what's the difference between this list and smogon's?

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2010, 13:00 »
^Smogon's is much more up-to-date with the current metagame than our one.
hahahahahahaha

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2010, 13:13 »
They actively test "suspect" pokemon and then let the community (or those who prove themselves and earn "voting rights") vote on whether they think they are Uber or not. It's by no means a perfect way of deciding whether stuff is too powerful or not, but then the arguement is that there are no other competitive battling sites that are willing to do the testing as thoroughly and non-biased as they are.

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2010, 11:22 »
Double post becdause no one ever posts here.. but Heracross is UU!

44 - Umbreon - 3.57%
45 - Smeargle - 3.47%
46 - Heracross - 3.35%
47 - Rotom-C - 2.94%
48 - Porygon-Z - 2.86%

The cutoff value is S/176.14, where S is the sum of the usage of all Pokemon. Doug's stats are reported in such a way that the sum is 600%. 600% / 176.14 = 3.4%, so Heracross is UU!

Link to stats

Offline Laprabi

• hehehehehehehe
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2010, 16:54 »
^As predicted, Scizor loses it's top spot to Heatran. Seriously, a quarter of all teams have a Heatran.
hahahahahahaha

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2010, 17:07 »
That's because it's such a great pokemon! With tons of resists, decent bulk, great STAB and monstorous SAtk... why wouldn't it be no. 1? It's even a decent check for itself (much like Heracross :o)

Offline Sino Morior

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2010, 21:53 »
"They actively test "suspect" pokemon and then let the community (or those who prove themselves and earn "voting rights") vote on whether they think they are Uber or not. It's by no means a perfect way of deciding whether stuff is too powerful or not, but then the arguement is that there are no other competitive battling sites that are willing to do the testing as thoroughly and non-biased as they are"

Strength-based tiers don't work with usage tiers. Something more along the lines of fighting-game tiers, based off of stats, combos, etc would probably serve a bit more helpful. And it takes so long for something obviously broken (P-Z in UU/Hera in UU) to get fixed.

"^As predicted, Scizor loses it's top spot to Heatran. Seriously, a quarter of all teams have a Heatran."

Even if all teams were the same would OU still be fun? Oh wait, they already are...

Afro-Disiak

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2010, 22:15 »
Stop complaining about tiers, really there's nothing you can do about it.

Offline Sino Morior

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2010, 23:15 »
Stop complaining about tiers, really there's nothing you can do about it.
There's something they can do about it - actually have you know... a tiering system?

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2010, 01:11 »
There is a tiering system, the metagame is not stagnant, and everything's peachy.

Strength-based tiers don't work with usage tiers.

But if something is strong, then it ultimately becomes used more...so they're kind of the same, surely? Heatran is strong, ergo it is used often. Irrespective of this weird divide (that I can't see, personally), Heatran would still be in the majority of teams. =S

Can I ask - what is the actual issue you have with the current metagame?