Pokémon Games > Team Building

Team Building Q+A Thread

<< < (58/59) > >>

Neotenens:
Hey, is my Greninja setup half decent? It's Protean, with a modest nature, leftovers, Substitute, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Scald, with 252 SpATK, 252 SPE, and 4 SpDEF.

the bread dragon:
its pretty standard, I dont see why it wouldnt lol, take off lefties for life orb maybe if you want M0R D4M4G3 but its pretty fine

Richard and Blaziken:

--- Quote from: Neotenens on November 12, 2014, 23:50 ---Hey, is my Greninja setup half decent? It's Protean, with a modest nature, leftovers, Substitute, Dark Pulse, Ice Beam, and Scald, with 252 SpATK, 252 SPE, and 4 SpDEF.

--- End quote ---

You're gonna want to switch to Timid nature and Life Orb. Hydro Pump > Scald; Greninja cannot afford to be defensive, it needs to be on the offensive. Finally, Substitute isn't a terrible choice for predicting switches, but it's generally better to have all offensive options, since any attacker in OU can easily break Greninja's Sub in one hit. Extrasensory is good here as a means of hitting Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, or switch to Hasty nature and go with U-Turn.

THE ARBITER:
Yeah it's good for singles as it out speeds most and if you face another greninja with modest you could predict its first move and if you survive by some miracle counterstrike for the ko.
I like to run mine psychical in doubles with jolly rock slide.

but life orb is crucial to it's kit. 

Neotenens:

--- Quote from: Richard and Blaziken on November 13, 2014, 08:25 ---You're gonna want to switch to Timid nature and Life Orb. Hydro Pump > Scald; Greninja cannot afford to be defensive, it needs to be on the offensive. Finally, Substitute isn't a terrible choice for predicting switches, but it's generally better to have all offensive options, since any attacker in OU can easily break Greninja's Sub in one hit. Extrasensory is good here as a means of hitting Keldeo and Mega Venusaur, or switch to Hasty nature and go with U-Turn.

--- End quote ---

I think I'll keep the Modest nature, he has 31 in speed, so I don't nee any more, but the life orb is a good idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version