Author Topic: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation  (Read 24734 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
Pokemon X and Y: Speculation
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:45 »
So on first impressions, Pokemon X and Y looks good. What do you think will Pokemon X and Y have?

I think there could be a couple of places that are accessible after defeating the Elite Four. Kinda bit like Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X and Y: Speculation
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:56 »
Village of Dragons, where Iris appears, and has some location where Eevee evolves into Draconeon. ;)

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:09 »
I think they're going to include more type combinations that we haven't seen before. I'm hoping for a water and steel type.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 13:53 »
Maybe this new Dragon type Eevee everyone keeps banging on about isn't going to be a Dragon type at all- so much importance is being placed on Eevee being featured on a statue with Golurk and (I think) Palpitoad and Geodude, and what do they have in common...? 

no I don't really believe it either I just wanted to join in with the ridiculous conspiracy theories

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 14:09 »
That being said, it IS true that now types being 'physical' or 'special' don't really hold much weight since the Gen IV switch. So while dragon Eon seems pretty likely, maybe we'll be getting something else instead? Holy god would I love a flying Eon, that would be THE most gorgeous thing. Or actually a normal type evolution would be cool too, despite how plain it would be.

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 18:10 »
I think they're going to include more type combinations that we haven't seen before. I'm hoping for a water and steel type.

Don't forget Empoleon! ;_; I'd like to see another water/steel though. <3

Maybe this new Dragon type Eevee everyone keeps banging on about isn't going to be a Dragon type at all- so much importance is being placed on Eevee being featured on a statue with Golurk and (I think) Palpitoad and Geodude, and what do they have in common...? 

Ooh, haven't seen Geodude; where is he?

no I don't really believe it either I just wanted to join in with the ridiculous conspiracy theories

^because they're just so much fun P=

That being said, it IS true that now types being 'physical' or 'special' don't really hold much weight since the Gen IV switch. So while dragon Eon seems pretty likely, maybe we'll be getting something else instead? Holy god would I love a flying Eon, that would be THE most gorgeous thing. Or actually a normal type evolution would be cool too, despite how plain it would be.

Ionno, they still kept with the "introduce special typed Eevees" theme, even in Gen IV, when the physical/special split was introduced.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 18:12 »
^ but we don't know when the physical/special split was implanted during development, or thought off  or even  if it came before or after the the new Eons.

That said, pokemon hasn't used the spec/phy split for nearly 7 years now, I think they're safe to break away from Special-centrelised Eevees.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 18:14 »
New Eeveelution(s) aren't exciting me that much

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 18:17 »
I dunno, I'm pretty keen - and if the gene themes are correct, then the new eeveelution might be plot-centric or at least plot involved. That would make a few people sit up and pay attention... Though maybe I'm overreaching.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 21:15 »
Don't forget Empoleon! ;_; I'd like to see another water/steel though. <3

How could I forget Empoleon! I still want to see a few more, electric/poison or electric/dark.

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 06:08 »
Village of Dragons, where Iris appears, and has some location where Eevee evolves into Draconeon. ;)

I thought that Village of Dragons is north of Unova, somewhere where Upstate New York corrsponds to in real life?

Anyway, I really think that the PWT should return in the sixth gen. At first I was disappointed about the new region being based on France instead of Tohoku region or the US state of Washington, but I lived with it.

Offline Enigma

• Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:10 »
I thought that Village of Dragons is north of Unova, somewhere where Upstate New York corrsponds to in real life?

In the animé it is, iirc, but someone pointed out to me that Iris tells Drayden (in the memory link feature) that things in unova are much different than in her hometown. Which implies Village of Dragons isn't in Unova.

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 00:19 »
Bulbapedia changed the Gen VI article, they now think the region is going to be based on Europe. Which means according to Bulbapedia, the UK will also be included.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 00:29 by Joe_Pokemon2010- DE~NIS! DE~NIS! »

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 22:15 »
Female Dark type GymLeader named Cassandra would be cool.Been wanting that for years. The name is perfect for a Dark type trainer since Cassandra mean "Prophetess of doom" and many Dark Pokemon are linked with bad luck and destruction in one way or another. A Nurse Joy That is also a Gym Leader would be interesting as many players would not expect it. I could imagine Clyde or someone similar in the Gym saying, "Sorry. The Gym Leader isn't here right now. She is at the Pokemon Center." You then have to talk to each femal in the Center (which is larger than the usual one) and eventually you talk to Joy and she accepts your challenge. I can see her having a Chansey amony some other type of Pokemon and she has a different name which misleads you to not realize that the Gym Leader is really Nurse Joy. I believe that would add a nice element of surprise to players not seen since Gen 1 when we found out Giovanni was Vridian City's Leader.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Draghost999

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 23:27 »
^ Whaaaa...! You genius!

Cassandra sounds like a really evil name, like Tiffany, which sounds like a stuck-up name. I mean, I can imagine a girl named Cassandra standing with her hands held up and her fingers bent like she is about to grip something, and laughing evilly. The Nurse Joy as a Gym Leader is very clever.

What I wish to see, although Pokemon X and Y is a giant step in graphics and gameplay, is something that goes even farther and makes you feel like you're in real life or in the anime with Ash, Cilan, Iris. Even now I would like something less pixelly. The Pokemon look pretty in the anime. I want a game with an anime-level on beauty. Also, I want the games to utilize special skills that can be performed by Pokemon, like in that episode when Ash's Snivy, commanded by Iris, faced off against Moira's Cinccino for beauty and strength. Snivy kept using Leaf Storm and brushed off the oil coat on Cinccino that prevented it from getting dirty and then knocked Cinccino and her trainer into the mud around the circular battlefield to win. See, if Pokemon could use special Contest skills like that in the game, it would be more like the anime and more authentic. And if the Contest skills would apply to what is known about the Pokemon through the Pokedex entries, etc. (like it is known that Cinccino has an oily coat that prevents dirtiness), then Pokemon could use their attacks for more than just damage. They could use their attacks to nullify abilities. An example is, Machoke is known to become uncontrollable and very powerful when it has no belt on. What if, in battle in the game, Machoke could remove its belt for a Power boost but a Confused status as a result? Or what if a Pokemon could use a move not intended to damage its foe but accomplish something else? It would add strategy to the game if Pokemon could use their natural qualities listed in the Pokedex to succeed. I think Abilities shouldn't be the only interesting skills Pokemon can activate.

Maybe, but not likely, Pokemon could bring the Underground from DP back. That was fun. Or they shall let you walk with your Pokemon in the 3D world like in the 2D HGSS world. I would also like to see the Safari Zone/Great Marsh again. And the Pal Park in Pokemon Pearl and Diamond was so cool.

But I'm glad that they did something new by setting the game in the 3D World. However, I'm expecting new things in the gameplay that haven't been done in any other games.