Author Topic: A Level Results 2015  (Read 2877 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
A Level Results 2015
« on: August 15, 2015, 15:01 »
Congratulations to all those who received their AS and A2 results on Thursday! (I know it's belated; I've been busy training)

How did you all do? Where is your next big adventure taking you?!
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: A Level Results 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 15:08 »
So I got a B in English Language, B in Media and a C in Literature

My offer was 300 points but I only got 280 and still got the place!

In September I'm off to University of Gloucestershire to do English Language and Crative Writing & will be living in Cheltenham (aka my favourite place in the UK) And I can't wait!

(C'grats in advance to very one else who posts here you're all fantastic & fully deserving of good grades x)
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 16:08 »
Just popping in to congratulate everyone, as I have no results like this to post.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 18:49 »
 Phography - B
 Religious Studies - B
 Sociology - C

I needed 300 points and my place wasn't confirmed until the day after results so it didn't really hit home that I would be studying Psychology in Swansea University in September. It's just a matter of waiting until next Thursday in the hopes that I've finally gotten a GCSE in maths.

It's nice to mostly get B grades when you've been a C grade student for as long as you can remember  :')

Well done to everyone else! It's weird that the majority of us here are going to university/have a family/are working when most of us came here as kids.

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 19:06 »
I needed 300 points and my place wasn't confirmed until the day after results so it didn't really hit home that I would be studying Psychology in Swansea University in September. It's just a matter of waiting until next Thursday in the hopes that I've finally gotten a GCSE in maths.

Well done! If you need a hand with anything in Swansea, let me know as I'm pretty central!
-~-
-~-

Offline Ten Silver Spoons

• call me mizz or molly~
  • Joeno Fan
  • badum tsh.
    • View Profile
    • Click 'em :D
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 20:13 »
Soo
I got my results yay
I got an A* in maths last year, and then got 4 A*s this year in Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology..which I was not expecting and I am exceedingly happy
So I'm off to cambridge in october! :D

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 22:07 »
Well done! If you need a hand with anything in Swansea, let me know as I'm pretty central!

Oooh, do we get hoodies with the university logo on them? Also, thank you  :D

• Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 22:23 »
Oooh, do we get hoodies with the university logo on them? Also, thank you  :D

You can get them in English and Welsh from the on-campus shop =] Don't splash out too quickly though, societies will often also have their own hoodies (I've had like 3 from Ancient Studies and an Egyptology one)

And Molly that's fantastic :o So much science there too, I could not do that!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 22:28 by That Girl in the 'Roo Suit »
-~-
-~-

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 23:08 »
Already posted these, but may as well put them in the proper thread. These are AS levels, so no A*s yet haha

Maths - A
Physics - A
Politics - C (we don't talk about this one xD Tbf I was pleasantly surprised with this still xD)
Law - A (Idk how, LA2 was the worst exam ever and I got 91%)

Really really happy with these, prior to results day I was annoyed with myself for being lazy with revision and stuff, but now I know I can realistically get 3 A*s it's going to be all revision next year to get them ^_^

(Also Lottie when did you become a blue dictator mod, thought you were green xD)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 23:30 »
*walks into thread solemnly*

English Lit: E
Psychology: U
Law: E

...I'll be honest, I have no clue how I failed Psychology at all. I came out of the exam feeling confident I had at least a D in both papers, but a U? Oh heck no. I knew Law wasn't going to be too good but again, an E was like, not even on my mind. I got a B in English Lit coursework, so...that was how I dodged the U I guess.

I just feel really upset by that because I was one year away from Uni, but now I'm back to 2 years. I am behind everyone I was on good terms with last year and that means no friends as per usual for next year. And also I was going through hell when the exams happened (hey, shoutout to those idiots who thought bullying me was fun during all the exam stress!), so it just feels like I had an ass of a hand dealt to me.

I'm restarting AS, but I can't choose Law and I don't know what's going on with Psychology. I'll have to find something I guess.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 23:43 »
You can get them in English and Welsh from the on-campus shop =] Don't splash out too quickly though, societies will often also have their own hoodies (I've had like 3 from Ancient Studies and an Egyptology one)

Oh, cool! How do you join societies? Do you just donate to them? I don't think it was ever mentioned during the applicant day :(

I'm restarting AS, but I can't choose Law and I don't know what's going on with Psychology. I'll have to find something I guess.

You could always try sociology if you can't do psychology or law next year? Sociology is fairly similar from what I heard the girls in class saying. It depends on how open minded you are, though, since you'll be going into functionalism, Marxism, postmodernism, and feminism.

• Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 12:31 »
(Also Lottie when did you become a blue dictator mod, thought you were green xD)
About a month ago I would say? ;)
Oh, cool! How do you join societies? Do you just donate to them? I don't think it was ever mentioned during the applicant day :(

Rock up at Fresher's Fayre, which I think is the 22/23rd this year? There's basically loads of booths there with all the societies and you can sign up there. You have to pay membership fees, but a lot of them don't need it up front. (Ancient Studies and Egyptology societies charge about £2/3, and you can sign up to register interest first and pay when you start meetings... Because I totally have not been part of them...)

I would recommend you go there mind, there's loads of businesses too that always give out free stuff, so go early.
-~-
-~-

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 12:40 »
You can get free pizza too (or at least a leaflet that will let you get free pizza). That's always a perk! =]

Just don't go to it hungover, because if it's a massive tent then it will feel like absolute death.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 16:59 »
 I'll definitely turn up to Freshers Fayre if freebies are on offer! I can't hit Wind Street so hangovers aren't going to be a problem aha.

It already sounds fun! Are the societies all based on the degrees that can be studied though? Sorry for asking so many questions :0

• Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 17:43 »
Not all, no. There are also all the sports societies, and there's some religious societies, language societies and gaming societies too =] (We also have a role playing society, Hogwarts (which has its own Quidditch team), Disney, reenactment etc)
-~-
-~-