Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26973 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #390 on: October 03, 2013, 01:08 »
"I apologize, we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Edan, and I apologize for threatening, non verbally, to set you on fire." I say carefully consider my words and extending my hand. "Sorry, I've just been through a lot today, some more than Siofra here knows."
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 03, 2013, 22:21 »
      "W-What are you?!" A frightened Pyromancer screamed, lying on the floor, backed into the wall at the end of an alley. "It really is strange that a Pyromancer is shivering, when I had been convinced that every one of their kind is warm. Equinox is home to many insignificant worms like you... who allow themselves to be defeated by a Necromancer, while they are still holding back energy inside, because they are too scared to use it," I told the weakling who lay helpless with his fire magic leaking out and boiling his own pooling blood. "What do you need... from me?" the Pyromancer croaked. "I will consume you... That is all," I answered the dying fool. "Now, Coward of Equinox... be eaten." My fangs opened wide like the Gates of the Underworld, and a sharp hiss came out like an escaping demon. I bit into the man's neck and sucked the warm blood of a Pyromancer, wiping away the rivulets of blood coming down his neck with my tongue. The skin around the bite began to decay into a gray color, swelling around my fangs like dirt under a gravestone, as I charged my bite with Necromancy. I removed my jaws from the rotting body.
       My triangular tongue slithered under the Pyromancer's eyeball like a blade wobbling out of shape, pushing his eye out to fall into my palm. I licked away the blood on the outside of my mouth. "I have had my meal. I am done with you... Pyromancer scum."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 21:05 by SiteHaunter »
I am your master.

quack98

« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2013, 22:26 »
A cool shiver runs down my spine, as a chilling air of death passed over us. Someone had died. Someone who probably practiced magic; someone who probably didn't deserve it. Did they deserve it?

I try to take my mind off it.

Offline Moon Chaser

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 03, 2013, 22:39 »
Matt frowns slightly. "So long as it's interesting, I suppose I could join you. It sure beats hanging around here." He turns to Edan and shakes his hand. "Don't worry about it."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 22:52 by Moon Chaser »

quack98

« Reply #394 on: October 03, 2013, 23:00 »
I take a look at Matt. ((Going by your forms description))

He has a slender, muscular, athletic build, he's a few inches shorter than me, but he definitely could be of use. Doesn't seem to have much of a sense of responsibility though, layed back in the extreme. At least, that's the impression I get of him...

He has battered, faded jeans, I guess he does seem rather hungry for action...

"Siofra? Chloe? Edan?" I enquire to each of them, evidently asking their thoughts.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2013, 23:05 »
I look at Matt, measuring the advantages and disadvantages of keeping him with us. He seems reckless but also smart. He's slightly aloof and rogue looking. This could be the best or worst desicion this team makes... "I say he's in... That's if everyone else agrees.". I look around at Soifra and Edan, trying to read their expressions.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 03, 2013, 23:50 »
 ((Well, looks like Draghost has started. Great start at that.//

//Hmm..... I'll look bad and stand out if I say no, but I don't trust him. I have an idea.//

"Sure, he's in. However, I have my eye on you." I say jokingly, or as it seems to everyone else.

//This guy could be an enemy. I'd better be careful.//

I kneel down and dig into my pack, pulling out the staff made of tigerwood ((Yes, it's an actual type of wood)) named Wild Blaze

Offline NTN

• 2010: Role Playing at its finest.
  • Mulholland Fan
  • My precious... >:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 05, 2013, 02:54 »
     When I emerged from the alley, having left the dead Pyromancer to rot, I noticed a woman staring in shock, with her right leg drawn back and positioned sideways, preparing to run in that direction. Her quivering hand was barely reaching out in front of her body, as if she was desperately trying to find her index finger so that she could point at me and shout, "Monster!"
     The woman opened her mouth to scream, but my hand had already pierced her chest. The scream never came out; the woman's mouth remained open only because of the shock she was experiencing following my blow. Her head fell forward suddenly, and she coughed blood onto my face. It was the blood that cut short what would have been her last breath. I ripped my hand out of the woman's chest.

I stepped back so that her head could fall onto the stone. The helpless woman had been a biomancer, albeit one who had never seen a killing before. A waste of flesh. My ghostly-pale hand dripped with blood.
      I will not be here for long. The jail I intend to storm is up ahead. The foolish "overlords" of Equinox think that they can contain most of the mages running around and spitting flames here. Setting up a detention center is pointless. The law thinks that it can save the poor, doomed Equinox. The city will perish, and if not now, then whenever else I decide.
I am your master.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 05, 2013, 13:15 »
"Sorry, I've just been through a lot today, some more than Siofra here knows."

"Someday you'll realise 'I've been through a lot' will lead you nowhere.  And if you're trying to get some sympathy or take a jab at me, I'll tell you now that those tactics just make you look weak."  I say all of this without looking at Edan; my gaze is fixed on this 'Matt'.

"My conditions remain the same as with you three.  If you wish to join our endeavours, Matt, I have no problem.  However, there is no turning back; what we plan risks death, whether we are caught or if one of us were to become a traitor."  I raise an eyebrow and look up at him in the eye.  I can't tell if he's trustworthy, but I sense no reason for him to betray.  Still, we're all warlocks here.  "No questions, no answers.  Not here, anyway," I say, waving a hand around at the still public street, "you never know which walls have ears in cities."

I notice Edan pull out his staff and grimace.

// Really?  That thing again? //
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 05, 2013, 13:49 »
//Hmm..... So, what now?//

I toss the staff a short distance into the distance, rotating it ((helps my character think)), trying to decipher Matt's intentions. I decide to think later since we will depart soon.

((Now for a twist))

I tap it at both ends and it shrinks. I put it in my pocket, noticing Siofra's disdain for the wooden instrument. "What? It helps me think, and I don't do it all of the time. Why go right into a potentially dangerous situation without a backup plan?"

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 05, 2013, 14:28 »
"If the backup plan is to get yourself in deeper trouble, fair enough," I mutter.  I turn on my heel, just about ready to start leaving.  I glare up at Nikolai; I'm not angry with him, but I'm sure that we need to get moving fast.

// All things considered, this one seems to be the more reliable.  Let's hope my hunch is not wrong. //

quack98

« Reply #401 on: October 05, 2013, 14:31 »
\\ She's glaring at me?! Oh, I guess she wants to get going, we have been stood around a while..\\

"Matt, was it? We'd better be off, come if you want, but not if you value your life too dearly." I say, half joking.

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 05, 2013, 14:36 »
My glare vanishes and I follow Nikolai, a hint of a smile on my face again.

"Needless to say, none of us value our lives enough to turn back."

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 05, 2013, 21:02 »
"If the backup plan is to get yourself in deeper trouble, fair enough," I mutter.

"Well, the way my plans go, that's likely to happen." I say, walking up to them, "Anyways, you know what they say about life, no one ever makes it out alive." I say jokingly.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #404 on: October 07, 2013, 16:23 »
I smile at Edan's joke and turn on my heel to follow Soifra and Nikolai. I have to walk fast to keep up with them but soon I am alongside Nikolai. I glance at him sideways but I can't read his expression. Up ahead there is a junction with five possible directions, one a very dark and narrow alleyway, one leading down a wide road lined with shops that had brightly coloured signs but no lights on, two of the others lead to rows of houses and the final, I imagined, would take you out of the city. "So," I say, breaking the ice and catching Nikolai's attention, "Which way?"