Author Topic: Wake-up Slap a Komala  (Read 4343 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Wake-up Slap a Komala
« on: October 21, 2016, 18:56 »
What do you think will happen?

Since Komala is permanently asleep, will Wake-up Slap not work at all, or will Komala just wake up and fall asleep again the next turn?

Also, I know that Electric Terrain is a move that prevents sleep, will it wake Komala if it's already asleep?
If I'm not mistaken, Heal Bell and Aromatherapy can cure status conditions like sleep as well.

MonsterMon64

Re: Wake-up Slap a Komala
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 06:17 »
I think the "Permanently asleep" thing is flavor text to explain its ability, which is that it can ONLY be affected by the sleep status (as opposed to Burn, Poison, etc.) That said, Wake-up Slap will probably function like it does on any Pokemon that's asleep if Komala has the status, but otherwise it's just gonna take normal damage from it. Well, super effective damage, since Komala is Normal and Wake-up Slap is a Fighting-type move. But you probably already knew that.

And yeah, I was actually toying with the idea of running an Electric Terrain doubles team with Komala on it, so that's a pretty good question. I assume it would? Not totally sure how it works in Gen 6, guess we'll just have to wait and see in Sun and Moon's case.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 12:35 »
"All special effects of moves based on the Sleep status condition affect this Pokémon."

So Wake-Up Slap should double its power when used against a Comatose Pokémon.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 16:38 »
According to the pokemon showdown calculator, komala takes about 124% minimum from a wake up slap 252+ used by hariyama with no ability and comatose factored in. So either the calculator hasn't been adjusted to factor it in or comatose doesn't cause extra damage from wake up slap.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 17:39 »
Then most likely the calculator hasn't been adjusted to factor it in. I trust the information on bulbapedia more than I trust the showdown damage calculator when it comes to new abilities.

I could test it out in the real games once I gain access to both games on 2 systems, though I feel I shouldn't need to.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella