Author Topic: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!  (Read 12168 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
Re: So... X2 and Y2, or Z? WARNING SPOILERS!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 21:58 »
Remember though in the same idea Kyurem is grey meaning we should have had a Pokemon Grey and NOT Black 2 and White 2. So that logic isn't entirely sound anymore.

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 23:01 »
Difference was that B2/W2 made sense even with the information we were given prior to the news of its release.  Z makes sense with XY and I don't see any scenario where we have Zygarde doing to Xerneas/Yveltal what Kyurem did to Reshiram and Zekrom.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 23:05 »
Remember though in the same idea Kyurem is grey meaning we should have had a Pokemon Grey and NOT Black 2 and White 2. So that logic isn't entirely sound anymore.

Errrr...that's COLOUR, not something sensible like...the legendaries having the first letter of their name from the versions they are obtainable in? The XYZ axis thing? All of this logic is far better logic than basing it off of colour. And who said "Kyurem is grey so we'll get grey but no we got BW2?"

(not a personal attack btw)

quack98

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 23:08 »
Plus X2 is likely copyrighted by Marvel, for there film xD

In seriousness though, Z does look the most likely. Zygarde even looks like a Z. Of course, there is the possibility of him getting two megas, after all his BST is lower than the other two, I believe.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 00:07 »
Errrr...that's COLOUR, not something sensible like...the legendaries having the first letter of their name from the versions they are obtainable in? The XYZ axis thing? All of this logic is far better logic than basing it off of colour. And who said "Kyurem is grey so we'll get grey but no we got BW2?"

(not a personal attack btw)
How's the logic of 3 things matching up to in game things different?

I mean the colour argument stood up in generation 3! Ruby. Red. Groudon, Sapphire. Blue. Kyogre. Emerald. Green. Rayquaza.
And plus pretty much every pokemon forum I visited around B/W's release and before BW2's announcement was pretty much singing the idea of a Grey version.

I'm personally seeing a few too many plot points left open in X and Y for a Z version to exist anyways, least of which is this massive plot point of Team Flare itself. Sure they got hit by the ultimate weapon, they could very well be dead. But the same could be said for the ultimate weapon giving them all immortality, I mean that's why Lysandre fired it at himself since he wanted YOU to become immortal. The fact that I've yet to see closure on what happened to Lysandre and the fact that the game pretty much tries to push it out of mind and glosses over it with a "yay you defeated the bad guy" ending to the ark seems quite weak from my perspective.

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 07:43 »
And plus pretty much every pokemon forum I visited around B/W's release and before BW2's announcement was pretty much singing the idea of a Grey version.
You haven't been around as much.  There was a *lot* of contention about the version name and mascot throughout the fanbase.  Just because gray was obvious after BW doesn't mean it wasn't the only opinion; and there was a lot of basis for other things, and there were a ton of other theories.  They were much more various than DPP (people were expecting Girasol or Platinum for the third version there) or RSE (people were definitely expecting an emerald version), but BW wasn't immediately obvious as BWG at all.

XYZ is super obvious, and I don't see an X-2 or Y-2 happening.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline DragonOfTheDepths

• Dragon Tamer
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 01:43 »
I just hope that in the next game, be it Z or something else, Yveltal, Xerneas, and Zygarde have mega evolutions. It would also be nice if they made other mega evolutions too, but mainly mega legendaries would be epic. That being said, they did disappoint me quite a bit with a couple of the mega evolutions (Aggron, Gardevoir). I hope they don't disappoint with the mega legendaries.

For those of you who question the mega legendaries theory, I ask this: If the whole goal in-game is to figure out stuff about mega evolution, why don't the legendaries have a mega evolution? (besides being OP)
Live Fearless, or fear for your life.
-D.O.D

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 01:08 »
Z. Xerneas = X, Yveltal = Y, Zygarde = surely Z. Simple logic really.

Look at the Dex entry for Zygarde though. It says, iirc, that it monitors those who destroy the ecosystem. With Xerneas representing Life and possibly Nature and Yveltal representing death and destruction, you can definitely work a plot for that to put into the next game. Kind of like Emerald too, with Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza.

I incline to agree here. I mean, Pokémon Z would probably be the third version.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak would continue what they did to the fifth generation of Pokémon- split the third version into two and give Zygarde some new form. They did it to Kyurem, and they did it to Giratina.

Perhaps there would probably be some Mega Evolution of Zygarde in the third version? Who knows? It could probably be the first legendary Pokémon to have their own evolution.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 01:18 »
^Actually Phione/Manaphy sort of are the first Legendary evolution line when you think about it. Manaphy is considered Legendary where Phione is questionable due to where it comes from. But both have similar characteristics and have similar movepools even though Phione's is smaller. I also think the games are still hiding new Pokemon that'll show up when no one literally expects them to.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Volkner

• The Shining, Shocking Star
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 14:07 »
People thought there was going to be Pokemon Grey because of Kyurem, but instead we got Black 2 and White 2. I dunno if Game Freak is going to to return to having a third title. They did the sequels of B2 and W2 so well I think they're gong to do it again.
"My relationship to Flint? There's no love lost, that's for sure."

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 19:59 »
You haven't been around as much.  There was a *lot* of contention about the version name and mascot throughout the fanbase.  Just because gray was obvious after BW doesn't mean it wasn't the only opinion; and there was a lot of basis for other things, and there were a ton of other theories.  They were much more various than DPP (people were expecting Girasol or Platinum for the third version there) or RSE (people were definitely expecting an emerald version), but BW wasn't immediately obvious as BWG at all.

XYZ is super obvious, and I don't see an X-2 or Y-2 happening.

People considered Heatran and Cresselia instead of Giratina I remember. I didn't think "Platinum" version was an obvious choice for a name either. And BW had the idea of Rainbow version floating around as well as "Grey".

I thought this video was interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0

While, I still think the guy's still borderline speculating and you can't say it's definite proof it raises issues most fans forget. In particular the idea of downloading new Pokemon.

If the idea of a new region is true it's definitely to the east. Clearly taking the assumption Kalos is effectively France could the next region be based on Germany, especially as its mentioned in the video the war (WW1 or WW2 possible references) and the fact the reverse waterfall. Courriway Town has waterfalls and right outside that is Terminous Cave. (Possibly encouraging the Z theory).

I personally believe there won't be any more Pokemon revealed, apart from the event Pokemon hidden away. However, I would really like the Germany theory. I mean Germany's huge. I'd love the sequel game to be there. This also would be a lot better than repeating Kalos, the problem with the sequels.

The 3DS allows a lot more to happen, updating new Pokemon to X and Y if they want (something I don't think they'll do to brand new Pokemon, but possibly Mega Evolutions).
Slowly an old member..

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 07:17 »
Perhaps Z might be the third version that will be a sequel to X and Y? I mean, why not have a compromise between "sequel to X and Y" and "third version of X and Y in the style of RSE and DPPt"?

It sounds more logical to have Z as not just a third version, but also as a sequel.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 13:00 »
No no no it's Pokémon X² and Y² obviously.

What if they combine those and make pokémon O. Cos it's a circle. With centre (0,0)

But seriously, surely Zygarde means it's going to be Z. And the dimensions thing.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2013, 21:46 »
What if they combine those and make pokémon O. Cos it's a circle. With centre (0,0)

And obviously Zygarde would evolve into the 'Omega Pokémon' to rival Arceus (the 'Alpha Pokémon) xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Lion Demon

• Joeno Fan
  • The Fairy Type Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 20:48 »
Honestly, I think they're going to create a Pokemon Z after the Ruby and Sapphire Remakes. And I genuinely believe that the speciality of Z is that Zygarde will have access to 2 MegaStones. One to transform him into Dragon/Fairy and the other to transform him into Fairy/Dark. This gives Zygrade its own 2 form niche without completely copying Mewtwo and Kyurem.

I thought this video was interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0

While, I still think the guy's still borderline speculating and you can't say it's definite proof it raises issues most fans forget. In particular the idea of downloading new Pokemon.

I believe that Junichi Masuda stated that he will not be providing downloadable content like that. The only downloadable contents currently released for X and Y were glitch and software updates. However, I'd be more than happy for new pokemon release to happen like this!  :D
Dark Friend Safari: Mightyena, Crawdwant & Liepard