Author Topic: Rate my OU team!  (Read 1001 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Rate my OU team!
« on: November 07, 2013, 21:09 »
Hi, this is the team I use for OU battling. Tell me what you think!

Note - My team is fully based on annihilating the opposing team ASAP. Not much in the way of defense nor status or arena traps, just flat out destruction. I seem to have a decent Win-Loss ratio with it though.

Zero the Scrafty

Moves

- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Drain Punch (occasionally High Jump Kick in tourneys)

Item - Life Orb
Ability - Moxie
Nature - Adamant
EVs - 4 SpD / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Ah, Zero the Scrafty is the team's full on sweeping machine. One Dragon Dance and it's the beginning of the end for the opponent. Two STAB moves and Ice Punch is there to take down dragons and Flying types basically. Drain Punch is there to restore health lost by opponents or the Life Orb, but if I want to go with all out destruction (usually in a tourney) I replace it with a more powerful High Jump Kick.

Havoc the Infernape

Moves

- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Item - Life Orb
Ability - Blaze
Nature - Adamant
EVs - 4 DEF / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Havoc is another sweeper. Due to Havoc's increased attack and speed, it just wipes out anything in sight as the fastest fire type. Close Combat deals huge damage with STAB, and the decreased Defense and Special Defense don't matter because Infernapes can't take hits as it is. The high speed and attack floors the opponent before they can retaliate. Havoc just murders everything in sight before probably being taken down by a Focus Sashed Water Type.

Indigo the Garchomp

Moves

- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge

Item - Life Orb
Ability - Rough Skin
Nature - Adamant
EVs - 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Earthquake provides STAB with a few good advantages. However, I am tied between using Dragon Claw or Outrage. With the addition of Fairies, Garchomp could be stuck in an Outrage unable to switch out and suddenly a Togekiss waltzes in and makes it fall to pieces. Dragon Claw doesn't get stuck in a loop and allows Indigo to switch out, but has 40 less Base Power. Stone Edge kicks off a few Flying types and Brick Break gets five advantages, including Ice (which Indigo would be 4X weak against).

Rogue the Hydreigon

Moves

- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

Item - Choice Specs
Ability - Levitate
Nature - Modest
EVs - 4 DEF / 252 SpA / 252 SPD

Another sweeping machine. Choice Specs really bring out Hydreigon's insane Special Attack power. Draco Meteor has high power with STAB, Fire Blast has high power with a few good advantages (including Ice), Dark Pulse has decent - ish power with STAB to mangle some common Alakazams and Focus Blast has a nice five advantages under it's belt.

Houdini the Alakazam

Moves

- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Item - Life Orb (Alakazamite for Pokebank OU)
Ability - Magic Guard
Nature - Modest
EVs - 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 SPD

Alakazam is, truthfully, a monster. Huge Special Attack along with a powerful STAB move with three special moves that all have decent power in them. Just a normally effective Psychic is enough to knockout whoever dares enter it's wrath. Magic Guard is there to piss off Ferrothorns or Skarmorys.

Bombshell the Cloyster

Moves

- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard (Would be Water Shuriken IF GAME FREAK WOULD LET IT LEARN IT -_-)

Item - King's Rock (Trolling like a machine)
Ability - Skill Link
Nature - Adamant
EVs - 4 DEF / 252 ATK / 252 SPD

Bombshell is the final sweeping machine. King's Rock along with Skill Link gives Bombshell a 50% chance to make the opponent flinch if using Icicle Spear or Rock Blast. Shell Smash is used and with the improved speed those Skill Link moves will destroy next to anything. So many sweeps have been earned by this little guy. One Shell Smash and it's the beginning of the end for the opponent.

Thoughts? Tell me below!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 22:00 by A Wild Scraggy »

Needs more Gengar

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rate my OU team!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 21:18 »
At a glance, the first thing I notice is no Choice Scarf.

Garchomp suits this role pretty well, using exactly the same moveset he's got, although possibly Jolly > Adamant, but that's just personal preference.

Alakazam should have Life orb > Leftovers. It can't take a hit very well regardless, and magic guard negates Life Orb recoil (basically a free x1.3 boost).

Also on Alakazam, energy ball isn't that much use and I think Psyshock might be more useful in killing Blissey (I know you could switch, but it's easier to just kill it without switching).

Now I'm picking on Hydreigon - it's fine apart from Timid is usually superior to Modest on Choice Specs sets. It's SpA is already ridiculously high, so modest is slight overkill. Timid lets you outspeed neutral base 100's, such as Salamence, which is always a nice bonus.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 22:08 »
Your team is absurdly weak to Fairy, from what I see. I'd go into a further rate but I am about to leave from work. I may edit this post when I get home with suggestions
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 22:20 »
Your team is absurdly weak to Fairy, from what I see. I'd go into a further rate but I am about to leave from work. I may edit this post when I get home with suggestions

Yeah, Poison and Steel are SE on Fairy, and I have none of those moves xD Instead I have four Pokemon weak to it, two of them at a 4X disadvantage.

DAMN YOU TOGEKISS.

Needs more Gengar

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 05:13 »
Alright, I'm back from work, SO LET'S DO THIS! *Fighting stance*

As mentioned earlier, tiny little pixies ravage half your team with nothing really setup to... stop that from happening. In my opinion, this is much more of a problem now than it might seem to be at first glance, and from looking at your team, Garchomp seems to be the most likely candidate for replacement. Most of your team is physical, and now that Outrage is a bit of a non-option, Garchomp's spot could be better utilized. You also have a pretty noticeable weakness to Azumarill, who has Aqua Jet, Play Rough, Superpower and Waterfall/Ice Punch, which handles your entire team pretty easily.

So here's what I'd recommend. Garchomp is redundant with all the physical Pokemon you have on your team, as well as already having a Dragon that provides some much-needed special attacking power. Cloyster is also incredibly easy to shut down by any player that's not a complete idiot (I have literally never had a problem with any Shell Smash Cloyster, because they're predictable and very easy to put a stop to), is very hit-or-miss on success, and is weak to Stealth Rock, so I'd try to find a more reliable option in those spots. Jolly nature is also recommended for DD Scrafty, especially with Moxie giving you boosts to your Attack.

Assuming you take my advice, this leaves you with a major Flying and Fighting weakness to consider. Aegislash not only resists Flying and is immune to Fighting, but has a Steel STAB to threaten Fairys. Other Ghosts like Jellicent can work, as it'd also provide a Water immunity for your team on top of the Fighting immunity, but Aegislash seems to be the best fit.

The last slot may benefit your team if you have a Wish-passer, as it will help Aegislash stick around to abuse those resistances for much longer. Obviously, Blissey/Chansey is the premier option for this, but it's not so much of an option outside of simulators, given that Wish is a very old event move for Chansey that is impossible to currently obtain legally. Vaporeon might fit the slot nicely, as it can pass huge Wishes, is a bulky defensive Water type, and provides a Water immunity for your team, discouraging opponents from spamming Water attacks when facing your Infernape.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 19:11 »
I've replaced Garchomp with Aegislash. It seems to have been a good decision, and it's fun killing attack stats with King's Shield : P Iron Head is also proving useful for beating up Fairies.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 19:13 by A Wild Scraggy »

Needs more Gengar