Author Topic: Your Favourite Moments In Gaming  (Read 3150 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OranBerrySandvich

Your Favourite Moments In Gaming
« on: November 02, 2011, 22:23 »
Exactly what it says. Your favourite moment(s) in gaming, as long as they're appropriate. Note that there will probably be spoilers, so please give warning if there are any.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Meet Riki
What really got me was Reyn's impression of Riki.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 23:55 by The Soldiertoise »

Offline Quapsel

• courting disaster.
  • Rob Fan
  • until we burned up and became nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favourite Moments In Gaming
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 22:46 »
I can't really decide which one of the "big moments" in my favourite games I like the most, so I'll just leave you with something oddly related from Hotel Dusk.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 23:44 »
I don't have one...  I have a couple.

-- Fire Emblem Path of Radiance:  Ike revitalizing the forest, followed by the scene...  summed up by "Rise, Lord Ike!"  And furthermore in that same game, Volke revealing Greil's history to Ike and the name of the final chapter (Repatriation).  The Final Chapter in general.

-- Shadow Hearts:  Yuri fusing with the Seraphic Radiance and then burning down all of Shanghai.

-- Shadow Hearts Covenant:  The Good ending has to be one of my favorites, where Yuri is given a second chance by God to save Alice from her inevitable doom, but my favorite moment (also happens to be one of the saddest moments in the game) was where Yuri completely lost it against the Japanese Foreign Minister and started beating the crap out him.  Partially because the man indirectly caused his parents' death, partially because the way Yuri's mother begged for his life was akin to how the Foreign Minister begged for his grandson's life's.  ("Don't you dare beg for his life!  How many parents have BEGGED just like you for their children's lives!"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdlh4k2rMs4) Then after that is another sad scene filled with Yuri's view on what Alice expected of him, and then Alice's attempted resurrection...  it was sadness after sadness after sadness and I loved Covenant because it provided scenes like that.

-- Fighting Kefka in FF6, and Ultima Weapon/Buster were also very very good moments.

(I can't recall others atm I will definitely edit later).
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 17:34 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwJCs7ogKA&feature=related

Seymour Omnis from FF10 has one of the best themes in the game, next to Omega Weapon. That, and it's the lines he says before and after that are quite...cool.

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 23:19 »
A really close run win on Wipeout 2097.

When you bump into a *spoiler* t-rex in Tomb Raider. The first time I played I assumed you couldn't fight it so I just ran. Very tense moment when you're only little. :)

Playing a team deathmatch with my little brother on Timesplitters: Future Perfect, we would be the reds and all the AI players were blue so they'd charge us and we'd mow them down while playing appropriate music on the CD player. Usually Starship Troopers music for some reason. :P

More recently the nuclear bomb going off in CoD4: Modern Warfare and the final level of Trine when you're climbing up the tower, I really love the music on that game.

EvilJolteonOfDoom

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:19 »
In GSDD(Golden Sun:Dark Dawn) whent there is'nt any dialouge

Offline Winston Payne

• A Real Nowhere Man
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • There I will go.
    • View Profile
    • Covered Wars, Allegedly.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 23:43 »
I have a couple, but one moment I've been happily reliving recently is the good ending to Mizuki's route in Yume Miru Kusuri.

Spoilers (in the shrunken text below)

Basically, after vanishing for 6 months, Mizuki returns and reveals that she's pregnant with your child. This is significant, as the poor girl literally had no confidence about her future. And now she has a future, starting a family with you. Which she promptly does so by giving birth on your bed.

(Safe to continue now)

I won't lie; I wept like a little girl when that happened. I actually cried tears of joy; an honour that hasn't been held by a piece of fiction for many, many years. After going through her story and exploring her character more, I couldn't help but blubber like a lady at a wedding.

Now, I know there are probably plenty of other VN connoisseurs on this site. While it may be scoff-worthy "YMK is baby's first VN! etc.", it doesn't matter; this game's got a special place in this saddo's heart!

Offline Kona

• Mad props to Mr. Dalliard for the avatar. The world's biggest
  • Joeno Fan
  • sir fredricko the seventytwelf of rainbow land
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 17:10 »
The ending of Bastion when you're carrying Zulf while under fire from the Zura was really touching.

Also, killing the Boss on Serious Sam TFE. I just felt awesome after that.

<Ledyba>: and I replied quick as a flash
<Girl>: AHHHH!!!The voices.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 00:05 »
FFVII: Cloud's date with Aeris. I LOVE how she attacks the dragon!!!!
Dragon: ROAR! ROAR! I am the Dragon!
Aeris: OH SHUT UP!!!!
*Aeris pushes Dragon over*
Narrator: What a STRONG Princess we have!
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 22:46 »
Near the begining of skyward sword, when Link's having a nightmare he gets rudely interupted by one of those bird thingies which then spits out a letter at him after he adjusts himself :D

kr9q

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 01:18 »
Well, I like the beginning of PMD EoS and the end credits of Platinum.

auronofpokemon

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 16:29 »
When you find out Link wears pants for the maybe 3rd time. Happens early in Skyward Sword.
I was all like LINK HAS PANTS!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 16:55 »
Right now I'm playing FE12 and beating any given chapter in lunatic mode is my favorite moment.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

X-The-Final

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 08:05 »
I would have to say that part in Kingdom Hearts where after *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER* Sora defeats Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless or whatever) controlled Riku and then uses the messed up Keyblade left behind to free Kairi's heart and just as she wakes up and tries to catch him, he vanishes.*SPOILER END*

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 22:32 »
 Muppet Monsters for the PS1, everything about it, from the different powers to the final boss fight.

I still remember jumping off a bridge, turning into the vampire bat to fly over to a giant flower only to climb up it as a were wolf.

Games of that quality aren't common anymore.