Author Topic: Need Help With This Blissey I Am Raising  (Read 1393 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Freestyler

• !
  • Sentret Fan
  • insert personal text here
    • View Profile
Need Help With This Blissey I Am Raising
« on: January 03, 2015, 21:28 »
Hi guys, I have a level 10 Blissey in Pokemon Omega Ruby and I haven't played Pokemon competitively in a while so I have a few questions and I'd appreciate some help

Have been Super Training my Blissey (Bold) in order to attain 252 EVs in both Defence and HP. Now that I have that finished I need to know...

1. If I level up my Blissey using only an Experience Share in order for it to reach maybe level 50+, will its EVs be affected? Essentially, I plan on battling the E4 a couple of times to level it up, but in doing this will my EVs be affected?

2. Could somebody please tell me of a good movepool for this Blissey?

Thanks everyone for any responses I get & if any other information is needed please tell me :)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help With This Blissey I Am Raising
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 21:41 »
Just so you know, Bold, even though it raises defense yet lowers attack, is a bad idea since it's defenses make magikarp look like a viable threat on the physical side (A base of 5 or 10 iirc). If possible get a calm blissey.

As for the first question, I'm pretty sure that it won't mess with the EV's. If that was the case, i'd be screwed.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that this is what the regular competitive blissey would look like:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Care
Calm Nature
252 HP/252 SpD/ 4 Def or Spe

Heal bell/Aromatherepy (basically the same thing)
Toxic/Thunder Wave
Soft Boiled/Protect
Seismic Toss

You might have to do a rebreed to get all that you need. Keep in mind that i'm going off of Smogon singles, so if this is for VGC, ignore me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 21:44 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 23:25 »
Blissey should very rarely be running anything other than Bold 252 Defence 252 Sp Defence.

HP investment is silly, as the percentage gain is very small compared to the percentage gain on Defence or Sp Defence investment, and is one of few pokemon where it is ideal to go 252/252 on defences. Bold nature is important as without it Blissey can't switch into Psyshocks,which are kinda necessary to survive against with most special sweepers being able to use it (or certainly Latios, which is an important enough thing).

Otherwise, the set SB2K recommended is roundabout what I'd suggest, movewise
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 00:04 »
^There is a chance that Latios will be running Psychic (not much, but a chance), plus Blissey's defense is poor anyways. That would be like boosting a Mega Aggron's speed, almost pointless.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 08:41 »
^There is a chance that Latios will be running Psychic (not much, but a chance), plus Blissey's defense is poor anyways. That would be like boosting a Mega Aggron's speed, almost pointless.

No, it would be like boosting Mega Aggron or Mega Slowbro's Special Defence, both of which are done because the physical defence is already so good that the Special Defence needs the boost more. Blissey is the opposite - no ones hitting it with special attacks anyway and if they do it does little damage regardless of nature, but the nature boost from Bold massively boosts it's capability to switch into physical hits, which although not ideal you will need to do occasionally.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 08:59 »
I still prefer Bold max HP and Defense. The gain is small, but like has been said, Blissey doesn't need extra help in taking special hits, I'd rather maximize the ability to take physical hits while also helping take special hits a little bit. This is just preference, but consider this:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 308-364 (43.1 - 50.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 308-364 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Things like that make me feel more comfortable in using max HP over max Sp. Defense.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 15:10 »
Blissey can also use Flamethrower or Ice Beam instead of Seismic Toss, that's one of the advantages of using it over Eviolite Chansey.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Freestyler

• !
  • Sentret Fan
  • insert personal text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 22:12 »
Thank you all for the replies and suggestions :)