Author Topic: pkmn.net vs (y)OU  (Read 1710 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
pkmn.net vs (y)OU
« on: February 11, 2015, 23:06 »
Hello friends.

In an effort to try and create more content for the site, I've come up with (read "stolen") an idea from elsewhere.

Essentially, every week, the community of PKMN.NET will submit a variety of random Pokémon, complete with EVs, IVs, moves and items in this (or future) topics.

These Pokémon will then be voted on, and the top 6 Pokémon will then be used by me on the Pokémon Showdown OU Ladder (or Ubers if we end up with Uber team members) for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, in an attempt to get as many wins as possible.

Afterwards we could go over what went well, what didn't go so well, etc.

So basically, if you've ever wanted to see someone try to climb the ladder using the most random, unorthodox, useless Pokémon this side of Kanto, this could be the stream for you.

This entire event would be streamed weekly on my Twitch.tv channel (or maybe an official PKMN.NET channel if that's something the admins are interested in?), in an attempt to engage the audience of Twitch and hopefully bring further viewership and new members to the site.

I'm not sure what day I'd like to host the stream on, so if anyone has any preferences feel free to post in this topic and let me know, and I'll try to get it ready for the first stream soon. Any ideas/critique/feedback/questions etc is welcome too.

(also apologies if this isn't the right forum for it but this is what we thought would be best on IRC)
(shout out to IRC gang for helping me proof read the OP and stuff and shout out to Inferna for the name)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 23:46 by Del »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: pkmn.net vs (y)OU
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 23:09 »
I don't know what set it should use but you should really definitely have a Wailord (y)

either way though this is a swell idea and I'm an advocate of it

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 23:14 »
Definitely would suggest on the weekly for this, and I'd try my best not to vote for troll sets.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 23:28 »
Why limit it to just OU and Ubers? The tier could be chosen based on the highest tier the team is legal in.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 23:31 »
Why limit it to just OU and Ubers? The tier could be chosen based on the highest tier the team is legal in.

Mostly just because of the entertainment factor I think, I could limit it to the highest tier if that's what people are more interested in but I think seeing what random Pokémon can do in OU would be more entertaining because it gives sort of a consistent baseline week-to-week, like "wow ok my team of weedle/caterpie/wurmple etc. didn't rock OU quite as well as i'd hoped last week but this week we're taking OU up in flames with this sweet bulbasaur/ivysaur/venusaur combo".

But again, I'm mostly doing this for the community in general so if you would be more interested in it being restricted to the highest picked tier I'll take it into consideration.

(pls don't vote for teams consisting of base level bugs that will be utter suffering)
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 21:33 »
I love this idea, and I was more active, I'd jump in and do this too.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:49 »
but can we pick new champ if current champ sux

also dont discount troll submissions they make for the best submissions :(

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39 »
Yeah sure, I'm more than happy for someone else to do the battling/streaming, it doesn't bother me too much.

And I didn't plan to discount any submissions because the entire spirit of this is to use whatever gets voted for.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 20:01 »
I mean I could take up a few sets in addition to Del's sets that were chosen. However, i'm pretty busy and can't really do it consistently. I will suggest sets a lot though.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN