Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380174 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #990 on: November 18, 2015, 02:39 »
I've been pushed to my limit on stress and work. I hate Wuthering Heights with a passion and i've been told that I can sparknote it, and even with that technology at hand, I still read the required parts after sparknoting it (I hate being at least partially honest). I still have to finish another project for tomorrow and there's a huge group project for English to do. On top of it all, there's a huge quiz in math tomorrow that I don't feel ready for. I feel like my body is shutting down and this weekend I will flat out crash whether I like it or not.

Allow me to make some acknowledgements: I would like to thank Wuthering Heights, big group projects, teachers who assign a lot of work at the same time, and finally school in general. I hate you all.  :)

Edit: French Project done, but I still hate everything I stated above.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 03:47 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 18, 2015, 07:38 »
^ dude, I think you need to learn to prioritize. maths is important to you yeah??  do the maths first and then you can focus on everything else.  if you're struggling with the load go and see your most reasonable teacher of the lot, outline how much work you have and ask if they can extend your deadline to next week.

from what i gatjer youre pretty hardworkinga anyway so it's not like anyone's going to care much beyond one or two 'oooooh blaze hasn'td one his woooork'

thanks gl <3

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 19, 2015, 00:27 »
So my Mum doesn't think I can do the Salakantay/Inca Trail. She also doesn't think that I can fundraiser £3000.

So now I have something to prove... Guess who's gonna prove everybody (it is me, fight me)
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #993 on: November 19, 2015, 18:42 »
i just got fallout 4. goodbye world i will not be emerging until the actual nuclear apocalypse

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 19, 2015, 22:20 »
I haven't been able to get any sleep this week and now i am a mere husk of what I once was before

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 19, 2015, 23:39 »
 These new glasses feel like I've zoomed in on life and I've forgotten which button zooms out. I'm not sure if it's just getting used to new glasses or what, since I can't remember. They gave me a pouch too, rather than an actual case. I'm glad I didn't get contacts from them tbh.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #996 on: November 20, 2015, 13:00 »
I've had mine since I was 19 (25 now) and I still haven't adjusted. My mate says to me "why do you go so wide when overtaking parked cars?" It's because life is zoomed in so it looks closer than I actually am.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #997 on: November 20, 2015, 13:37 »
As someone who's had glasses since for as long as they can remember usually the first few weeks after getting a new pair your eyes will take a bit to adjust to them, even if your prescription hasn't changed. Everything seems a lot clearer and sharper but then goes back to normal.

There was a fire alarm at 4am this morning I got a proper fright and woke up screaming I was in a really deep sleep. Thought I was going to get 8 hours but nah
Screw you flat 4!!!!

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #998 on: November 20, 2015, 17:23 »
Mac got his foot caught (somehow) in the crate and as I was rushing to free him, I tripped over my own damn feet.

He's fine, cause he managed to free himself as I hit the floor. Me? I've sprained my bloody ankle.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 20, 2015, 18:53 »
 Ah balls, the glasses may or may not calm down with the zoom toggle then :/

My father just tried to emotionally blackmail me into giving my brother my USB stick. It has my university work on it and it's breaking and when it comes down to things, it has very little space on it and I've been saving my excel spreadsheets on it until I can buy a new one and not have to worry.

I don't understand how "no" means anything other than "no". When I said "it's full, there's no space left" I didn't mean "emotionally blackmail me into handing out my USB".

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: November 21, 2015, 19:04 »
My brother has a friend and she is impossibly happy. I mean seriously, she is so bubbly that you could take her energy and power NYC with enough left over to make my internet go faster. She's so happy all of the time it's disturbing and I don't know how to handle it.

Also, my brother pestered me into watching Jessica Jones with him and now i'm addicted.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: November 22, 2015, 15:22 »
my therapist keeps minimising and it's having a bad enough effect on my mental health that i have to miss a rehearsal a week before my show because i have to have another psych eval and see if she can recommend a different therapist

literally im beginning to think all mental health services are genuinely useless if you can't articulate/communicate your feelings

thanks gl <3

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: November 23, 2015, 04:08 »
i can't wait to quit my crummy seafood shack job. my bosses are two of the most racist people i've ever met and i'm sick of hearing them say obama is a muslim and has no birth certificate and hearing about how great donald trump aka hitler is. recently it's been nonstop with syrians, black people like always, and today they took some shots at catholics which i thought was weird. like, what year is it???

one of them likes to hear my opinions but arguing with him is the most frustrating thing ever. just because... imagine a crazy person in youtube/facebook comments. now imagine that in real life right in front of you. this is the level of irrationality and stupidity i deal with when this old guy tries to get me to explain my views.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:11 by Kpyna »

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: November 24, 2015, 20:47 »
 I just helped another student by filling out their questionnaire which was presented as a questionnaire on internet use.

Nope! It was an autism test! Ffs we had a lecture today on how it's unethical to lie to the participant and how you have to make a decision of whether the results are worth lying to your participants about and I can't imagine what astonishing benefits will be discovered from this questionnaire tbh so, in my eyes, it's rather unethical to trick people into a test and throw in a "YOU'RE POTENTIALLY AUTISTIC!" in at the end.

We receive conditioning in college to make sure our English is at its finest and then in university you're met with typos, spelling mistakes, and sentences that don't make sense.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: November 24, 2015, 21:00 »
I am working Friday when I need to spend spend spend =[