Author Topic: A Level Results 2015  (Read 2889 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
Re: A Level Results 2015
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 00:14 »
I got AABBB in AS (:
A: Maths, Computer Science
B: Further Maths, Physics, Art History

I could have got an A in F. Maths, but I missed the last question in FP1 for some reason, and lost 12 marks. I only needed 6 of the 12 to get an A overall...  it means I can't aim for Cambridge, but Oxford is still possible for Computer Science.

Spriter - did you do Psychology and English Lit under AQA? If so, you could look into remarks. AQA messed up big time this year with Eng Lit and Psychology, from what I've heard. If you can't retake one of your chosen subjects, how does History or Government & Politics sound?

Ten Silver Spoons - wow!!!!! Congratulations omg!

& congrats to everyone else, too (:

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02 »
Did anyone get ACDC and going to Hull?

No?

Aw...
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 17:05 »

Spriter - did you do Psychology and English Lit under AQA? If so, you could look into remarks. AQA messed up big time this year with Eng Lit and Psychology, from what I've heard. If you can't retake one of your chosen subjects, how does History or Government & Politics sound?

Ten Silver Spoons - wow!!!!! Congratulations omg!

& congrats to everyone else, too (:

I believe one or both of them were, but I really think I'm not getting anything above a C with a remark - and that's what I want / need to get into Uni. I also think I seriously messed up with my work rate at times, so I'm hoping to rectify that.

Sociology is amongst what I'm planning to take - I can't do Law anymore, I'm probably gonna drop Psychology...but I'm definitely retaking English Lit. Politics & Government sounds good, but I get the impression there's a lot more work needed in that. You put it in a similar vein to History, and I knew someone who had to work hard in that.

Thanks for the suggestions ^-^

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 18:50 »
That really sucks ): Sorry to hear about that.

@ Gov & Pol workload - I dont think it was that heavy, from what my friend said. She mentioned that the essays you do have pretty much the same structure, but it seems to require a lot of outside knowledge to link up key points in them, mostly keeping up to date with current politics by watching those programs of politicians debating and knowing a little about the government of the Ancient Greeks and Romans to bring in points of what works and what doesn't. She never really complained about the workload, and she did Classical Civilisation, Geography and Philosophy & Ethics.

Hope what I say helps, & no problem (:

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2015, 21:13 »
Government & Politics was really interesting, and fairly light on workload, but I found it basically a harder version of law, got 2 grades worse in Politics soooo xD

That said, you might the it and find it way way easier! If your college uses AQA, the exam format is 4 sets of 3 questions per exam, with 2 exams.  You answer 2 sets, and they need two shortish answers and one essay (Prolly 2000-2500 words in 1.5 hours all told). There's lots of figures to remember,  more so than law, but it's less wordy stuff to remember :)
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Freestyler

• !
  • Sentret Fan
  • insert personal text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2015, 21:42 »
Well done to everyone in their results. Unfortunately I don't know how the education system works in the UK but I hope everyone is happy. And if it doesn't work out at first then remember there are always other options available! It isn't the end of the world...even if it might feel like it is for a while!

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 22:23 »
Government & Politics was really interesting, and fairly light on workload, but I found it basically a harder version of law, got 2 grades worse in Politics soooo xD

That said, you might the it and find it way way easier! If your college uses AQA, the exam format is 4 sets of 3 questions per exam, with 2 exams.  You answer 2 sets, and they need two shortish answers and one essay (Prolly 2000-2500 words in 1.5 hours all told). There's lots of figures to remember,  more so than law, but it's less wordy stuff to remember :)

Aha, that'll be difficult for me in the exam then. I don't mind learning more figures but 2-2.5k in 90 minutes might be the sticking point. Timing got me really hard in my Law exams, but surely if I know the material thoroughly, I should be able to string words together quicker. Thanks for the help, and you too Sizacu :)