Author Topic: I'm on a mission to complete my Pokedex!  (Read 3177 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
I'm on a mission to complete my Pokedex!
« on: April 09, 2017, 15:41 »
I want to complete my Pokedex in X, but I'm trying to come up with the best way to go about it.

I have all games from R/S/E onwards, but I'm not entirely sure if I need FR/LG, considering HG/SS gives you access to Kanto upon completeing the Johto storyline. The Kanto starters and legendaries can be obtained in X/Y. I know I don't need R/S/E, because I'll just use OR/AS for the Hoenn Pokemon. OR/AS gives you access to all main legendaries in previous games, with the exception of the ones found in X/Y.

I'm thinking about playing the games in reverse order, so that I can use Pal Park, Poketransfer and Poke Transporter, the moment I have Pokemon to transfer to the next game. I can get all starter Pokemon from each region this way.

The other reason I'm thinking about playing the games in reverse order is that with older Pokemon appearing in newer games, I will have less to catch, the further back I go.

Are there any Kanto Pokemon absent in HG/SS onwards that I'll have to get in FR/LG?
I personally hate FR/LG, so I'm going to try and avoid playing it, if at all possible.

What do you think I should do to make it easier for me?
The only games I have completed are Crystal (multiple times, so I know the HG/SS storyline pretty well) and X.

Which starters in each game are the best for getting through the storylines quickly?
Any other advice? I know a little about the gym leaders I'll be up against in all the games since I watch the anime. I don't know the best way to beat them though.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
Re: I'm on a mission to complete my Pokedex!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 22:22 »
If you don't want any event Pokemon registered, you only need the Gen 6 games. GTS can help you, too, since it's still up in   XYORAS
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 21:05 »
I don't want to use the GTS, I want to catch all the Pokemon myself.
Using the GTS would take all the fun out of it!

I may challenge myself to get the Kanto Pokemon from FR/LG despite hating it, just so I can get Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres a little easier, regardless of the starter I pick in X/Y. I'll probably still catch Mewtwo in X/Y though.

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 14:00 »
I don't want to use the GTS, I want to catch all the Pokemon myself.
Using the GTS would take all the fun out of it!

I may challenge myself to get the Kanto Pokemon from FR/LG despite hating it, just so I can get Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres a little easier, regardless of the starter I pick in X/Y. I'll probably still catch Mewtwo in X/Y though.

Alright then, it's your games. I'm not going to judge you!
[insert memes] [insert signature too]